The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wiper glasses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Thanks for the info Bob. I think going with the SHADED glasses may solve two problems.
The shading would obstruct the glasses you may have to be wearing.
The shading would also create a darker background for the wiper blades to contrast with as well as show the water trickling down more clearly.
The downside is that you lose eye expressions.
Once again...dilemmas dilemmas!
Keep it coming guys...maybe we will make as many happy people as possible.

C
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Thanks for signing me up for these!! I'm looking to have my spec (child or adult) wear these. One routine is the obvious silly Billy routine BUT I have a really fun egg routine I do that involves a parent and a child. I use the russian roulegge rouinte and have the kid pick the bags that I break over mom's head. I do a trust routine and use a lie detector on the mom about how she feels about her kid. It's very funny as we begin to eliminate the bags. I use shower caps, etc to protect the mom just incase the child picks the wrong bag. Adding the wiper glasses will just kill in this effect.

I love the routine because it's mom and her child that become the star of the show. The kids think it's so funny that an egg might break over an adults head and the adult guest crack up at making mom look silly. The lie detector gets a ton of mileage too.

Sooooo, my ONLY thoughts for you to consider would be for the wipers to be adaptable for either the magician or the spectator to wear.

I cannot wait Chance and I know good things come to those who wait. So no rush on my end! We all know, any product from you will be perfect!

Mike Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Mike,
I see no reason why a spectator could not wear these.
BUT...these will NOT be remote controlled so you would have to activate the wiper blades and any other function I may add.
Your routine idea sounds GREAT!! Lots of fun.
The plot thickens.

By the way...I LOVE your avatar!
C

mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Thanks so much Chance!!! Activating it without a remote would be no problem for me. Smile. It'll be great to see what you come up with. Smile
Mando
View Profile
Regular user
Queens, New York
189 Posts

Profile of Mando
I think having them see through and not shaded would be good, just because eye expressions are the best either if I am doing them or the spectator is doing them while wearing these glasses

Armando
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Very Good point!!!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Just a thhought.....why worry about eye expressions when you have the wipers getting the laughs and attention? The rest of your motions might make up for that?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Mando
View Profile
Regular user
Queens, New York
189 Posts

Profile of Mando
That is true, as well Bob1Dog but before cue-ing the wipers you might want to make some expressions.

Armando
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I guess we'll just have to deal with the unending subtleties as Chance designs them. Your call Chance! I'm sure whatever you come up with will have a myriad of uses and ideas that each of us will deal with.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
BTW, Mike, your routine sounds great!

mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Thank you, Bob1Dog! Smile
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Not sure about clip on, don't know why that would be useful would probably prefer it already clipped on to large glasses.

I too would prefer clear to shaded. I have a pair that are shades and it doesn't look as funny as clear ones.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
"I too would prefer clear to shaded. I have a pair that are shades and it doesn't look as funny as clear ones."

That is exactly why I think the clip on is the perfect option.
There is no way I will satisfy everyone. There are so many variables of taste/style.
I used the term Clip On loosely.
If all goes well, I would design it more as a CLAMP-ON which would take less than 30 seconds to mount to whatever glasses you prefer. This method would be semi-permanent as you would need a screwdriver to remove the gimmick.
This is my goal...we will see where it goes.
Thanks George

Chance

mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Would you supply your own very cool sunglasses to go with it (something that captures your vision!) and then if we wanted you can take it off to transfer to another pair?

Mike Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Quote:
On 2011-06-09 10:31, mike storz wrote:
Would you supply your own very cool sunglasses to go with it (something that captures your vision!) and then if we wanted you can take it off to transfer to another pair?

Mike Smile

Yes I would. More than likely they will be the basic jumbo glasses but I am trying to find a higher quality version. There are minimal options. Seems that they are all made in China using the same mold etc etc.
I found one version that looks to be of better quality and design. I am ordering a sample this week.
Hope for the best!
C

Mando
View Profile
Regular user
Queens, New York
189 Posts

Profile of Mando
Lab glasses I think look great!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
The problem with the jumbo glasses is that the lenses are all very unclear and difficult to see clearly through, unless there are no lenses at all! They are very cheaply made, as Chance said, and I look forward to see what he comes up with in a quality pair of jumbos! Maybe even add a squeaker nose? Just a thought and I only put it out there as a brainstorming idea.

Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2011-06-08 21:24, Bob1Dog wrote:
Chance, I understand completely; you can't please everyone. I find that using the large glasses over my regular glasses just doesn't have the same effect. It doesn't look goofy enough for me. And I do need my glasses to see properly, so performing without them isn't an option. BUT, I have no problem using them with the kid the way Silly Billy does, and I might even find a way to use them myself. Would you make the glassses clear or shaded like sunglasses? Just curious. Hope this helps. Best, Bob

Switch to contact lenses for your "regular glasses" and your problem is solved!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I just think the clip-on bit might make things quite complicated surely there is a fairly limited selection of sizes and styles that a clip on will fit on to. I'd rather not have the worry of looking for an appropriate pair of glasses to fit the clip ons on.

Large is the obvious choice because it is funnier and more visual.
Clear is also funnier and lets you do funny expresions while they are on.

I don't see anyone wearing this for a long period of time. It's a 15 second gag so maybe folks with glasses will manage.

I found my old pair of wiper glasses yesterday. They weren't working Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
George,
As you are discovering, there are a LOT of opinions and preferences on any given prop. As a creator/marketer, I have to make the best judgment calls that will create the most sales for any given prop to justify the overall investment.
The "Clamp-On" concept will not be complicated and please take trust in me that I will design a "Clamp-On" system that will adapt to many, if not all, glasses. I have several ideas on how to do this. Like I said before, it will be fast and secure. You only have to clamp them on once and you are good...unless you break your glasses.
I will definitely go with the LARGE glasses and a CLEAR lens. I gave it more thought and I agree, I really think we need to see the eyes for expressions etc.
So you, and I hope most folks, should be happy with this in the end.
I really appreciate the input!
Chance

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wiper glasses (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL