The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3 balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Ping Pong balls are kinda big but they can be used. They also tend to smash pretty easy or dent.

You must have huge hands Majik_1
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Not only are there ball selection enormous but you can find cups. Many other wonderfull items I have gotten odd ball things of all sorts there I cannot rave enough about that store. It is my favorite non magic magic shop. Craft supply stores are great too.

Quote:
On 2011-09-25 01:38, Bill Palmer wrote:
There is a chain of stores in the US called "Party City." They sell the 1 inch "bouncy balls" in various colors as singles. During certain times of the year, you can find colors that are particularly appropriate for certain holidays. For example, during the Christmas season, you can find red balls and green balls, which can be purchased individually. During the Hallowe'en season, you can get black balls and orange balls.
Jeremy Gates
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-09-25 01:38, Bill Palmer wrote:
There is a chain of stores in the US called "Party City." They sell the 1 inch "bouncy balls" in various colors as singles.

I will have to keep that in mind - like William, I have found many other useful things there in the past for magic, but I have never seen these particular bouncy balls - unless they are the milky neon balls. Thanks for the info Bill!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I just remembered that you can buy the same balls used and sold by David Roth and they can be found here:

http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/roth.htm
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
I was lucky enough to find a double set of red, yellow and green 1" bouncy balls at a dollar store. I use them in a Defensive Driving course I teach on the weekends. The students really enjoy this bit, because they are not expecting it and what happens.
Regards,
John
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
David has always supplied super balls when the routine is purchased but always used silicone balls to perform as I recall.
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
8thking
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of 8thking
The best are presley balls
Jesus is alive:
Living proof you can’t keep a God man down
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
The best balls are the ones you enjoy using . I had Presley balls and hated them. I like Fakinis. Johnny Thompson uses crochet balls. Marlo used foil balls . Just " Gidder Dun". What ever worx!
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Excellent advice, Rich!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
8thking
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of 8thking
Ok yes I cant argue with that why did you hate presley balls please?
Jesus is alive:
Living proof you can’t keep a God man down
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
For me the tackyness of the fakinis make me feel like I have more control. the presley balls are just too slick for me. I just traded my Presley's way for a set of cups.
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Appologize if I sound ignorant or offensive haven't started three balls yet. However from watching videos of the effect looks as though it does not require good grip. They are just held in hand and slipped through the fingers. Can you explain padre rich? Just curous.
Jeremy Gates
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
JG...it really depends on the sleight of hand your going to use more than anything else. Some balls work better for certain sleights.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Yes, some balls are better for certain moves/sleights than others, as Mobius points out, but there are other balls that will work with any sleight or move. If you practice with two or three different sets of balls, of varying materials and weights, you should be able to use any type out there.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I've been experimenting with MANY different types of material for balls. I am not actually convinced that the phenolic balls are the best (certainly not the best all rounder anyway.) They feel classy and elegant but I have quite dry hands and so I prefer the Fakini's for their "tack." Also I have one routine that uses more than the standard number and carrying the phenolic balls around is "clattery" and heavy.

I'm still looking into many other types of ball because the net I have is quite delicate too. One great aspect of them is the noise they make when they hit each other when dropped into the net. I have to say that I don't own Preslley guitar balls but they are made of the same material so I am assuming they handle and feel the same. Although mine are untreated.

For me, the jury is still out. I have been performing a routine of my own for a while and though it works with many types, I have still yet to settle on the "perfect" ball.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
J.G- My last staemment was pretty self explanitory . This is for me . I prefer fakinis because I feel they give me the edge I need for my routine which uses all the standard moves and one of my own .Your question goes back to beginning of what I think is a question that no one can answer for anyone else "wha are the best ball" . Find out for yourself - use 'em all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3 balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL