The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What is it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Here's one for you "prop" guys. I came across this item in a box of stuff I was given. I suspect it's a confetti-to-candy type prop but I am not sure.

Here's what I have: A can, about the size of a soup can. The bottom is recessed about 1/4". There is a small hole on the side, about 1" diameter. It seems to be Mak magic as it has the goofy string-paint pattern. There is a plastic tumbler inside.

What is it? How is it used?
Matt Richter
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Matt Richter
Comedy Egg Can?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEuAYn3XX9Q
I have one of these too from many years ago. I don't remember the manufacturer.
Full Effect Steve
View Profile
New user
NJ
82 Posts

Profile of Full Effect Steve
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
It could be an EZ hat loader
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I thought a hat loader too, George. But I think Matt might have pegged it, as the Egg Can looks about right. The hole is obviously for holding the glass inside the can. Of course, it could serve both purposes!

The Candy Factory looks like it, too, but this has no shell or anything to hold candy. Without knowing the workings of the Candy Factory, I am leaning toward the Egg Can right now.

I have been cleaning out my magic storage room and I could have a dollar sale here! Egads, it's amazing what accumulates after 25 years!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Is the bottom of the tumbler black? If so, it's defintitely Don Allan's "Comedy Egg Can", released by MAK magic, as Matt Richter suggested. The routine on the vid from Matt's post is exactly as described in the instructions. If you have the prop, the working should be self-evident.
It's not the "Candy Factory", as this is a different prop, with, as you say, a shell.
Potty Smile
Matt Richter
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Matt Richter
Comedy Egg Can?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEuAYn3XX9Q
I have one of these too from many years ago. I don't remember the manufacturer.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Deja Vu. Matt, you already posted that, only 2 hours ago. At least you have now doubled the number of posts you have made. The manufacturer was MAK's Magic, and the routine was Don Allan. As I mentioned in my post.
:pirate:
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
The tumbler is black on the bottom, so everything seems to fit. I assume you have to use a "blown" egg each time? Sure rattles around a lot inside the can, though.

OK, here's another on for you. It's a small hat pin, about 6" long with a circle end. This was in a bag with some 4" balloons marked "Ickle Pickle Majestic Needle," which apparently is a needle through balloon. But I can't imagine that trick with a needle this small, nor with an end that prevents the needled from completely passing through the balloon. Perhaps someone, somewhere just put a random needle in there, or is this the real trick as it was sold?

(I gotta get rid of this stuff! LOL!)
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Maybe that needle is to pop the balloon after the other needle is put through it?

If you were local to me I'd swap you my box of crap I don't use for your box of crap you don't use.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Found 14 thumbtips!!! This is a regular treasure hunt!

If you were local, George, I think I'd be buying you a lot of drinks just 'cuz you make me laugh.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Starrpower - that is conclusive evidence: the black-bottomed tumbler. This was designed so that a flash of the bottom of the can wouldn't be too obvious. You have the Comedy Egg Can. I should mention that although blown eggs were recommended, the idea was to "break the egg into the can", and dispose of the shell. The tumbler was full of candies. I have the full original routine, which I'd be happy to PM you, but there are two issues: my scanner isn't working - and the entire routine (egge whisk and all) is shown on the video posted by Matt, so there's not much point anyway.
I don't know about your next item, as George suggested, I think this may be a "Needle Through Balloon", and the hat pin was designed to burst the balloon once the effect was concluded. Well, I'm sure someone else has this tucked away, and will post to inform you about it.
Potty Smile
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I found a picture of the Ickle Pickle product online and it does, indeed use a hat pin! So this version does not pass completely through the balloon. Seems a little weak to me.

I think I am gonna keep this thread going 'cuz I have lots of unaccounted for stuff ... this is actually kind of fun!
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
Starrpower, Use small water balloons (sans water) with the IP needle. It becomes a close-up effect.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Good idea, AG!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Yeppers...thats the comedy egg can allright. All youre missing is the card with the words "WARNING! DO NOT REMOVE!!" Man, it's been decades since I ever owned that, but now all the lines are coming back to me!

Okay...now just hold still or you'll be getting an egg-shampoo!

Please tell me your dad's not a lawyer!

Uhm...have you ever thought about shaving your head? Everyone's doing it!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What is it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL