The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » It's free, so take it for what it's worth. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
700 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
The participant is asked to touch the back of a card. The card they touched is turned face-up and left in it’s place in the spread. The card is, let’s say the 7 of hearts.

The performer sets the deck down, and spread slightly with the chosen card slightly up-jogged.

“That is odd.” The performer says to himself.

“Sorry, before we go on, I would like to tell you something interesting about the 7 of hearts. But I am getting ahead of myself. I am sure some of you have heard of Marie Laveau. For those that have not, Marie Laveau lived in New Orleans in the 1800s, there are many legends surrounding her. One of the things she was known for was fortunetelling. People came from far and wide to seek her advice.

There was another fortuneteller at the time named Agnes Turnbull. She had fiery red hair and a great talent with Tarot cards.

Marie Laveau and Agnes Turnbull had a friendly rivalry. The would meet a couple of times a week, each with their Tarot cards and sat at the back table of a Café and tried to outdo each other.

They would try to divine who would come in the Café next, on what people would order and even on the next days obituaries.

Now why in the world am I telling you this? Because they Café they where would they would meet was named les Café Sept Cœurs or in English, The Seven Hearts Café “

The performer points to the card the participant had touched moments ago.

“Odd things always happen around the 7 of Hearts.”

The performer spreads the cards slowly on that table.

“I should have mention Marie Laveau and Agnes Turnbull were nicknamed The Red and Black Queens of New Orleans.

The performers turns over the cards on either side of the 7 of hearts, they are the Queen of Spades and Hearts.

“The Red and Black Queens of New Orleans still sitting at the Seven Hearts.”

The how is Bill Simon's Prophecy Move, not mine so I will not explain it here.

The really fun part of performing this, at least for me, is that the participant has a free choice.
Which means the name of Café changes every time. It also means that it’s not always a Café. If a Jack or a King is chosen then the story becomes about lovers triangle.

I really enjoy the improve nature of this. Hope you do to
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Very nice TC! I love the story and the simplicity. Thank-you for sharing this.

P.S. For my own style, I can envision incorporating a pendulum for added interest.

Rich
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
700 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
Thank you Rich,

LOVE pendulums! I use'em whenever I can.
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Thanks TC - I like that a lot.
And the Simon prophecy move is a superb workhorse - I used it with the White Star Titanic photos to predict which person would be chosen.

What I like most about this routine is the 'jazz' that's needed to fit the story, and the fact its a simple story-telling piece that requires only a pack of cards.
Thanks again for sharing.
Steve
[
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
713 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Absolutely love this! Thank you!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
andreas
View Profile
New user
Germany (Leverkusen)
29 Posts

Profile of andreas
Thank you for sharing! GREAT!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » It's free, so take it for what it's worth. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL