We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Water Slide Decals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Ok for those more Knowledgeable than I. (and I am sure there many) I want to make some water slide decals on my printer with the paper used for such things. I am reading that they need to me heat set in an oven. Ok question is how can one do such a thing with a painted wood piece. Or is that process reserved for ceramic pieces?
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7378 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I am pretty sure that is only for ceramic. I do know that with a waterslide decal printed on an ink jet printer, you need to seal the decal so the ink does not run. The other option is to use an ALPS printer.

I think there was discussion on here at one time.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Actually we talked about getting some decals that were already made for some asian style props I was making. Now I want to make my own.
Joe Zimmer

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
What Richard said is true for inkjet decals. You can also buy paper for laser, ALPS, or color copiers, and from what the instructions say, it does not have to be pre-sealed.

I have purchase some so called ceramic decals that need to be fired to bond to the ceramic substrate, and although I have not used them yet, I suspect they will also work on painted surfaces just fine... but don't stick them into the oven.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
At Hobby Lobby there is a new product that allows you to print decals, the product is from Testors and should be in the model section. Very cool stuff a buddy recreated a decal for a scroll saw made in 1942. The decals can be used on just about anything as his went over metal.
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
I saw that stuff the other day and was thinking I might want to try those out.
Joe Zimmer

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
The only problem is that the sheets are half sheet and one is clear and the other is on a white background. It can get a little confusing as to which is which. Other than that its okay.
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
I am going to look at all the options now and hopefully make the
best choice.
Joe Zimmer

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Water Slide Decals (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL