The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carlyle’s Headline Prediction (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ed's a genius...thats the start and finish of it...

and also a great person to deal with when buying stuff...and above all else, a fine gentleman to boot...
I've asked to be banned
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Shhhhhh, Rebecca!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
My event last weekend featured a new solution to the headline prediction.

The headlines were good to me Smile

'My impressions for the week leading up to the wedding on 11 June involve the letters C and B for some reason. Midweek it is all Cs: Cameron versus Clarke over criminal justice and Cameron versus the archbishop of Canterbury. By the wedding, the headlines shift to Bs with some news items involving Balls, Brown, and Billions, and for the more astute of you, bean sprouts and Brucie!'

These items were in the headlines: Cameron (our PM) did have these clashes with his justice minister and with the archbishop, while Ed Balls (shadow chancellor) was shown to have known about the mistake of Brown (our former PM) spending billions...bean sprouts? Confirmed the night before the wedding as the source of the outbreak of e-coli in Germany....and dear 'ol Bruce Forsythe was awarded a KBE...

As a closer, this went down very well with the 100 or so guests...
LukePreston
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of LukePreston
Quote:
On 2011-06-10 01:28, kambiz wrote:
Yes Thomas, you didn't say the words "one of"

Why are you referring to the words "one of" when it was not in your post......whats going on there?

Alexander PopOneOf

Thomas said words to the effect of "it's not the MOST deceptive method...".

Bob Cassidy said "it is one of the MOST deceptive methods I've ever used."

Thomas replied, effectively, "yes, ONE OF, not THE most"

Hope this helps.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I find it helpful to "consider the source" when looking at comments.

Tony
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 13:26, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
I find it helpful to "consider the source" when looking at comments.

Very well put.
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2011, Mindpro wrote:
I've been using Carlyle's Headline Prediction for several years now and it is one of my favorites and always plays strong. I've adapted a few extras to it that better suits my performance style. Ed's Volume 2 DVD features him doing this routine complete with explanation and additional thoughts.

Hi! Can somebody please tell me what DVD is MindPro talking about?
truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
Psy, head on over to Carlyle's website and look at the two DVDs available. You'll see Volume 2 there. Good luck!
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
I just discovered this thread. I can vouch for this headline prediction, used it on TV. I think I read it in MAGICK.
Deceptive? Yes. With everything, you have to practice and rehearse etc. It is very easy, but to handle the pressure you better be prepared. But that applies to every other headline prediction.
It is a very good and versatile prediction.
I developed a method in which the prediction is signed by the spectator. I contacted Ed regarding this and got permission to include this in my book. The book is in the works, just finished my book "Coaching with Magic" due publ. Jan. 2016.
I don't know if my method is on the DVD.?? I think it was reserved for my book.
Anyway, high recommendations for this!
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Ed performed this at a lecture last week and as soon as it was over everyone was discussing details and asking questions, trying to figure out the method... simply brilliant !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carlyle’s Headline Prediction (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL