The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Maximum Entertainment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3833 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I saw an ad for this book in MAGIC Magazine. It looks quite wonderful...I really like the way Ken Weber thinks. When I started looking into buying it, I found reviews here from a number of years ago. Positive ones.

For those of you who have read it: is it as good as they say...and is it relevant today?

Also: I am a big fan of ebooks for "green planet" reasons. Is this available as an ebook somewhere?

Thank you!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of WDavis
David,
I own it, use it, and marked it all up. It is a great buy.

Don't think it's an ebook.

Don't shy away it's as relevant today as yesterday and still will be tomorrow.

my best,
Walter
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
3833 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Thanks greatly and muchly, Walter.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.magicpendulums.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
David-

You write as if this book is ancient! It's not that old at all. It remains one of the best books of its kind I've ever read.

As many of you know, Ken Weber was one of the first to give direction to my act several decades ago. The man knows what he is talking about.

Best-

Bob
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Just finished reading it for the first time yesterday. I'm already making adjustments and taking action. I can tell that it's a good investment. It's only a few years old (and do stage techniques really change over time???). I tried to find a Kindle version but I had to go back to paper for this one.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Amazing book. It's worth every penny.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
To me, it is a must have for mentalist and magician.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9832 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
It is one if not the best book in my library of over one hundred books. It's every bit as good as the rave reviews say and then some. Each time your reread it you pickup and gain more than before. It's truly the book that keeps on giving. It will more than likely change your act and the way you view your act. Simply put, get it!
Doughlas
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
173 Posts

Profile of Doughlas
I highly recommend this book to anyone that's serious about becoming a good performer. Great book!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
I also recently got this book and read it after years of professional's I respect recommending it. Now I understand why. It provides a brilliant way of examining your act and tuning it for Maxiumum Entertainment. Get it. It will prompt some pain prior to your revelation and adjustment. I am running a 'Director's Chair' day with all the performers I work with at Head Hacking next week based based on the ideas in this book examinging and refining our top three effects.

Best regards,

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
A book that I don't own, what a shame!
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Probably the best book I have Smile
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
What a bargain. This book challenges and encourages me every time I read it. I plan to revisit it at least every two years. Out of maybe 150 titles, Maximum Entertainment is still in my top three.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Ony Carcamo
View Profile
Special user
Manila, PHILIPPINES
610 Posts

Profile of Ony Carcamo
I'm a ventriloquist but I got a LOT from this book. It's a great study on how to perform and entertain as a true professional magician and mentalist (or in my case, ventriloquist). It will surely become a classic!
Ony Carcamo
PHILIPPINES

www.onycarcamo.com
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Old book ? what's old for you?
The book was release in 2003...
You say you like the ways think Ken Weber , ok, which book have you read from him ?
Btw, you post is quite strange and funny,lol
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3370 Posts

Profile of Looch
One of the most important books I've read. I have it in my bag today actually, in prep for traveling down to London for a gig.
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
3833 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Okay...okay.

I post and go to bed and wake up to see all these responses. It's ordered. Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate your time.

David

www.magicpendulums.com
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
David,

You will not be disappointed. If you are looking for the book to tell you exactly what to do, then you might not like it.

However, the book provides the framework for you to add your personal style with his suggestions to improve your show.

As you read the book, also think of yourself as a brand. Who are you? What are you selling? What makes you unique? What is your message? What is the theme of your show?

Think about these questions as you work through the book, and you will be light years ahead of where you are now and those out there who are basically doing dealer demo shows (been there, done that, bought not only the T-shirt, but the hoodie, too).

Best wishes,

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3818 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Nothing to add, just to confirm (David!) that this is one of the best books I've ever read. I read it at least twice. Don't hesitate to get it! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I am curious how it compares to other books on presentation like Strong Magic by Ortiz or Ablsolute Magic by Brown
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Maximum Entertainment (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL