The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Jumping knot of Pakistan Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kusoyon
View Profile
New user
Muskegon, Michigan
78 Posts

Profile of kusoyon
I just purchased J.K.O.P. & am having trouble in doing the "Hunters Bow Knot" & the "School Boy Knot". The illustrations are bad to learn from. Is there any place on the net, book, or what ever that I can learn from? I don't get out much because I'm in a wheelchair so trying to see another magician will not work real well.
Thanks in advance for all your time & trouble,
Frank Thomas Smile
"The closer you look; the less you see"
H. Blackston Jr.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Hi Frank,
I agree with you, the JKOP is very hard to learn from the instructions. Daryl has a wonderful 3 volume video set on ropes. In the 3rd volume, actually called volume 8 - "The Great Whit Rope", Daryl performs and completely explains the routine. He also covers his rope routine as well as a lot of other valuable info. Daryl recently released the 3 volume set on DVD. I have the set on VHS, if you are interested in the VHS version, I'll make you a good deal. Either way, the JKOP is a wonderful routine and Daryl does an excellent job of teaching it on the video. Best of luck! Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
kusoyon
View Profile
New user
Muskegon, Michigan
78 Posts

Profile of kusoyon
Hi Bob!
Sounds Good! Send private email to: kusoyon@comcast.net
Thanks!
Frank Smile
"The closer you look; the less you see"
H. Blackston Jr.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Hunters Bow Knot is a touchy knot but I learned to tie it as both a genuine knot and as a false knot. It's in the Mark Wilson Course as the Shoelace Rope Tie. It's the Magical Bow Knot in Volume 1 of the Tarbell Course.
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
You can also check out Pavel's Cabaret Ropes Video. He teaches a false knot there, which I believe is the one you are trying to learn.
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Daryl teaches the knot on his Live from London tape 2.
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
Pavel and Daryl are great about teaching this, but the shoelace rope tie is best teaching tool IMHO.
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
I posted this above in another request thread, but look in Tarbell, there is an explanation.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
mystic mickey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mystic mickey
Whit Haydn's Mongolian Knot routing is tops with me. A logical way to introduce professors nightmare.
Alsi Mac King's rope trick, though it borrows stuff(he acknowledges the loans) is a riot. Buy it from him
espalding
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
59 Posts

Profile of espalding
Mickey,

On Mac King's web site, I noticed he is selling "Mac King's Other Rope Routine" for $8. Is this the one you are referring to?

Eric.
naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
I perform the JKOP on a regular basis and it's so magical and visual. For this routine, there is a knack to tying the hunter's bow knot, so that it's in exactly the right place. Just a matter of practice! Bob and everyone has some great suggestions. Does anyone elso perform this routine and what problems have you encountered?

naturalturn

http://www.raywongmagic.com
When Magic Went Wong!
www.facebook.com/RayWongMagic
When Magic Went WONG!
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
I too bought the J.K.O.P. and found the illustrative instructions to be totally illegible. You can't tell if one rope is on top or under the other. I ended up drawing my own instructions to help me. Often I will draw out my own instructions to help me learn a new trick. Fortunately I do have some artistic talent and even did free lance cartooning before.
My biggest pet peeves is a magic producers who is too darn cheap to hire a real artist do the illustrations. When one buys a magic item he is buying the secret. If the secret instructions are illegible then I deem that as the seller isn't keeping his end of the bargain.
I once bought a fairly expensive magic item and the instructions I received were only a series of poorly drawings. The ad for it had a huge write-up but the actual instructions did not include even one single word. It looked like a 9 year old drew them (no offense to any 9yr olds). So I sent it back to the magic company and told them perhaps they could use it as I don't have a clue what the instructions were trying to say. I did get my money back in credit.
naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
Glad you got your money back Steve.

Having seen Daryl perform the J.K.O.P at his booth many times, plus during the Dealers Show at magic conventions, I was able to pick up the moves but had to actually have the ropes in my hands first. I would imagine it would not be easy to duplicate this routine with just the paper instructions. Daryl is a gentleman, and when he wasn't busy, went over some of the more difficult moves with me.

naturalturn

Ray Wong - When Magic Went WONG!
http://www.raywongmagic.com
www.facebook.com/RayWongMagic
When Magic Went WONG!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Jumping knot of Pakistan Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL