The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Do Statues make money? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
"If I wanted to just stand around all day in order to get money I'd work for the government." Ha, ha!!
The presentation makes the magic.
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
I think the art of Mime is beautiful to watch when done well.
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Statues don't make money........great characters with a kick ass costume do...
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Guys, thanks for all the input. There is a lot of negativity here towards statues, which I will ignore. I have seen some very good ones.

However I have decided to try the shows again. It's been a good summer for gigs, and money is less tight than a month ago, so I will be working for fun. I am looking forward to it.

I have come up with what I think might be a good statue character, and some day I will try it, but mainly for curiosity. I might even let you all know how it goes.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
There is a young gentleman from Puerto Rico named Ed. He paints himself silver along with his vest, jeans, boots, gloves, glitter hair, and silver "Terminator" type glasses. He has a mechanical sounding whistle and essentially breakdances when someone tips. He uses robot like moves to encourage the tippers to take a photo alongside him.

He does better than most magicians on his beat. His success even spawned another "robot" at a venue less than a mile away in Seaport Village. You can also find him in the Gaslamp District-Downtown San Diego. It's working for him! He always asks permission to work near me, I believe because I found a silver mechanical looking club shirt and gifted it to him when I first arrived back in town.

Yours in business,
R2
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
DavidG
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of DavidG
What happens if someone steals the Statue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Dh8IhVyAE
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
What you do, should be what you do well.

That said, what you do well is usually what you have a passion to do.

I enjoy stage magic. I also like doing closeup. But I can't tell when I last practiced withre of those. But it would have to be when I got booked, and couldn't do anything else, so I practiced up a bit and performed..Since I never seek this kind of perfromance, it usually was because a fellow magician had a booking problem, and asked me to take cover one for him.

But I absolutely love busking. And I am constantly trying to sharpen my edge in busking. I think it is the purest form of magic, entertainment and creativity. If you do stage, people pay, take their seats, see the show and leave...

In busking, if you don't draw a crowd, keep the crowd, entertain and amaze, you don't get paid. That is where it it all shows. Flying without a net.

Am I any good, or not? Let's count the hats and see!

So, if you don't see it as a challenge, or as an opportunity that interests, or don't enjoy it, then just don't do it...

I admire most performers, and have seen a few Statues who were only causually interesting to me, but were drawing interest and tips from a lot of others... So who am I to say anything but, keep doing what you like to do.

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Do Statues make money? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL