The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Spectator False Cuts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this should go here but anyway...
Do any of you know a good way to make a spectator at least seam like their cutting the cards, but cut it to a certain position of your choice? I am interested in something like 'sam the bellhop' and in some of the performances I've seen the spectators cut the pack. Is their a fail safe way to do this without wrecking a card? Any opinion is welcome and is there any that any of you use in your pro. repertoires?

Cheers,
Gibson
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
Anyone?
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
There are quite a number of approaches to this. There is the approach where the audience is allowed to cut, then the performer reverses the effect of the cut, as in Sam the Bellhop. There are certain forces that involve the spectator cutting the cards to their 'selection.' There are a myriad of routines that involve the spectator cutting to four of a kind. There are a number of methods for getting a spectator to cut to a particular place in the deck by use of a crimp or similar method, though those aren't always 100%. You may want to post in the worker's or in the secret sessions area of the forum, as you will get a bit more information, or at least some references as to where to look for routines, moves etc.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
Thaks, I meant where they cut and complete it, I guess I'll just stick to coin pressing
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
If you work with a crimp or short this kind of thing is a peice of cake.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
For my ace cutting routine I set up the bottom of the deck and mix in a cris-cross force when I challenge the spectator to cut to a card. After the cut is made I talk about the skill it takes to cut to an ace. Then I reveal what card they cut to.

You can reverse the cut like in Sam the Bell hop as well.

Ps. Don't give up the right response will come eventually. Good luck Smile
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
You might check out Jay Sankey's "Photo Finish"
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
I always use a crimp when I do "673 King Street" (same type of trick as STB). You could also let them cut but not complete it and when you after some time misdirection take the bottom potion of the pack, you just lift it over the other half, set it down on the table again and then put the top portion on top.

Another way is to use the same setup; have the spectator cut the cards, pick up the top portion in your hand and then complete the cut by picking up the other portion and putting it on top. Maintain a break and perform a pass as you square it up.

A third way is to maybe use a cross cut and time misdirection and casually swing cut it back in order or something...
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Spectator False Cuts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL