The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » X-Way Pad by Reg Blackwwod (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
X-Way Pad by Reg Blackwood

Hi all

I was sent a copy of x-way pad yesterday evening and have had the opportunity to sit down and make up this clever little concept.

Firstly I remember years ago I performed an effect using a pad that was a bit knacky and took some getting use to before I could go out and perform with it.

This on the other hand is excellent, the construction takes a couple of minutes but it well worth the effort.

The x-way pad is a great utility pad enabling you to correctly predict outcomes with cards or pretty much any presentation which requires you the performer to make a prediction.

If you want a pad that is fool proof and perform effects or routines using pads to create predictions, thought of words or drawing duplications this is it.

I have some crazy ideas spinning around my mind that I'm going to put to use with this little gem.

Great work Reg

All the best

R
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thanks Rus,
Glad you like it! I look forward to seeing what ideas you come up with.
Since I first came up with the idea for it, I'm never without an X-Way Pad (or two) when performing and I'm already hearing about some great routines from other people, so there's bound to be an update at some stage to include some more of mine and others' ideas.

Reg
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
375 Posts

Profile of Deano88
First I have to say how impressed iam at the art work and photography of the site and products, I have visted the site a few times and is always great to look at, a little bit dark and creepy in places but great work!

And of the effect it says 'The X-Way Pad allows you to predict 1 of up to 12 outcomes, potentially more.'
So showing the spectator some designs/pictures or lists of words/names what ever, then being able to predict that choice with the note pad, is that the effect? Is the prediction in the note pad or is that somewhere else? Is this suitable for close up, or would stage/parlor be better?
Just a couple of questions, I wouldnt wanna give anything away, just an example of a routine maybe from the audience perspective.

Thanks

Dean
S.WARD
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
251 Posts

Profile of S.WARD
Just purchased this and I really like it. This is going to be used in my stage show, I already have a few routine ideas that will work perfectly with this. Very happy with my purchase!
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thanks Stephen!
You can thank J. Prager for persuading me to bring it to market after I showed him a pic of one of my own pads.
I understand Mental Shocks also employed the help of some pretty notable researchers to confirm its originality.
Once again, if you want to share how you use it and how it goes, please PM me to let me know.

Reg
Biovf
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Biovf
Just bought it too, clever idea Smile
Together with some p**-s*** work one can achieve great results. The instructions are clear enough with a detailed step-by-step of how to proceed in order to build X-way.
It's a great bang for the buck and a solid idea, recommended.

David
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5130 Posts

Profile of Amirá
If you are interested in a way to predict thoughts (Zodiac signs, Months) having nothing more than an apparent normal pad and any pen, you will enjoy this.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thanks!
David - Yes, the p**-s*** like that I describe in the PDF, while not essential, definitely helps with the confabulation.
Amira - By making it exactly as described, it's ideal for zodiac signs and months of the year, that's true!
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
This has my mind full of ideas.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1229 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
It is good and the price is fear.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of NeilS
This sounds interesting but is the pad just limited to containing prediction(s) or can it be used for other purposes during a performance ie the spectator writing on a sheet of paper?
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thanks for all the positive comments.

NeilS, I'm not sure I understand your question.
It depends how you have guided what they draw or whether they draw one of a number of options they have been presented with.
Rus mentioned the possibility of Drawing Dupes and you can certainly have a LOT of possibilities covered with X-Way Pad.

It really is extremely flexible.

I use it for Sw**i Op***r type effects (but without needing a Sw**i) various MO effects and also a reverse mind reading, where the spectator "divines" what I wrote.

One over-enthusiastic person who shall not be named sent me a four word review: "Death of the Sw**i!" I told them that's probably going a bit too far.
But maybe it's a superficial wound. Smile

I'm not being deliberately vague and mysterious. Like a lot of the Mental Shocks stuff, it's a very simple idea which could be summed up in just a few exposing words and I do mention some of the obvious influencing principles in the text.

At the end of the day, it's 10 bucks for an original, flexible and field-tested idea which isn't available elsewhere.
Best part is, even though it seems a lot of people will be using it, used well, I don't believe it will be all that obvious they're using it.
Like Mind_Magic said, I think that's a fair price.

Reg
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
Where do I buy this again?
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
Quote:
On 2011-06-14 18:52, Thomas Cooper wrote:
Where do I buy this again?

http://mentalshocks.com/portfolio/x-way-pad-by-reg-blackwood
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
S.WARD
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
251 Posts

Profile of S.WARD
Having had some time to play with the idea and make more pads up I think this is ideal for Sw**i Op***r effects. I tend to use those a lot and now I have a great way of doing them.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1577 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
This also got a glowing review from Paul Brook. I bought it on the back of this & I'm not dissapointed.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thank you for your support!
Yeah, I was pretty happy about Paul's review in his newsletter and he's right:
There's no reason it wouldn't work on a much larger scale, if you catch my drift.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I bought this a few days ago and have been playing around with it. I like the concept very much and while performers at all levels will find it to be a very useful utility device, experienced mentalists will discover that there is a lot more that can be done with this than meets the eye. And the price is more than reasonable.

I recommend this, particularly to those with a creative bent who like to create their own routines.

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3805 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I was curious enough to pick it up.

Simple...brilliant...infinitely adaptable. I think every performer of every level is going to find something utterly wonderful here!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thank you!
I am humbled by the response to my simple little pad.
And as Bob and others have discovered, the fun really starts when you've made it up and start to play.

Reg
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » X-Way Pad by Reg Blackwwod (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL