We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » X-Way Pad by Reg Blackwwod (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Sir Sean
View Profile
New user
New Zealand
4 Posts

Profile of Sir Sean
Reg,

As you know I had one the first ones you made, I never leave home with out it and its bloody brilliant, whats next???? come on mate you can tell me on here and I promise not to share LOL
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
You're lucky you're in New Zealand Sean. Everybody else has to make their own Smile
Reg
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Reg gave this to me as a gift...

At first I was put off by what seemed to be a crazy way to construct this X-Way Pad. I kept reading and saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

All I can say is, I am finally going to get to perform a close up version of Technicolor Prediction!!!!

I LOVE this idea and I have always been turned off with the alternative to this idea. Thank You Reg for the gift and I cant wait to get more ideas from his wonderful tool.

Thanks again

Aaron
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
You're welcome Aaron,
Thank you for the feedback.
When I saw the X-Way Pad as a possible solution to a problem on a thread you started, I didn't want you to think my response was just an ad, so I sent you a free copy of the PDF.
So glad you found other possible uses too. Nice idea!
Keep them coming.

Reg
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Reg,

It is a GREAT solution to the problem in the other thread!

No question.

Aaron
jakubr
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of jakubr
So many great reviews, I'm really interesting in buying it. This sounds like a great prop, being absolutely normal and natural to the spectators. Nice.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
A wonderful and simple tool! The uses seem almost limitless.

Rich
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
632 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
I bought this out of curiosity after reading some good reviews. After reading through the PDF and making a pad up, it immediately replaced P***** W****** for predicting which chess piece a participant would name, and in which colour in a routine which I was already happy with and thought needed no tweaking. I can't give a better recommendation than that really. For the low price tag this is a no brainer!
Deano88
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincolnshire UK
376 Posts

Profile of Deano88
I have to be honest and I feel a little disappointed with this, to start with for me it has nothing on a Sw*** opener, with a Sw*** , you can turn your business card straight round with the thought of number or what ever you choice to be revealed on it. This for me you cant, I don't want to give anything away , but I cant see participants not figuring this one out , well at least in part.

Dean
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thanks for all the feedback.

Deano88, thank you for your honesty and sorry you were disappointed.
OK. In performance of convincing Sw*** opener type effects, you might need to tweak the presentation ever so slightly (I'll PM you the details) but you also have the speed of the reveal versus the perceived number of options and not forgetting the additional logical disconnect of the suggested p** s***.

Reg
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of runeflax
I pretty much agree with Dean...
There are methods that achieve the same thing, whilst being more direct and deceptive.

I can see this working in combination with a force, though...
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Runeflax,
The positive reviews here are all from people who have made one up and played.
So make one up and play.
Any old $2 hand-sized notepad, scissors, ruler, pencil and 5 minutes (less time and no pencil or ruler if you do a rough one just to play with.)
I think you'll like how easily it handles and how natural it feels.

Reg
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of runeflax
Reg,

why do you assume that I didn't make one up?
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Quote:
On 2011-06-22 16:45, runeflax wrote:
Reg,

why do you assume that I didn't make one up?

I did, didn't I.
Sorry Smile

Did you? Smile

Reg
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of runeflax
I did. Smile

I can only repeat what I already said:

I don't find it to be deceptive enough to be used as the ONLY method of a routine.
However, this will probably work well, if it is used in combination with a force or other "layers of deception".

Please reread my post... I never said it was bad ;-)

Florian
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12078 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-06-14 18:52, Thomas Cooper wrote:
Where do I buy this again?

Why do you need two?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Biovf
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Biovf
Quote:
On 2011-06-22 17:04, runeflax wrote:
I did. Smile

I can only repeat what I already said:

I don't find it to be deceptive enough to be used as the ONLY method of a routine.
However, this will probably work well, if it is used in combination with a force or other "layers of deception".

Please reread my post... I never said it was bad ;-)

Florian

Runeflax I just wanted to say that in the first thread page, most comments already refer to use X-pad together with other stuff, either types of routines or techniques.

I wanted to tell you that if you're a bit disappointed with your buy, just leave it for some time and in a month or two get back to it and you'll see that there's at least one routine where it'll fit like a glove Smile
I've made some less good purchases in the past and almost all of them turned out to work great for certain type routines. Just let it drain to the back of your mind so you can think about some great uses for it.

David
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
UPDATE:
Thanks to feedback from people here and elsewhere, I'm working on an update to the original manuscript which should be ready in the next few days.

An additional several pages include an alternative "open cover" handling, some extra killer logical disconnects and several suggestions for things which can be predicted.

All thanks to some brilliant thinking and all-important field reports, this update makes what was already "a very useful utility device" for me, even better for us all.

Those who have already purchased will receive the update free of charge and I'll announce the update here on the forum.

Thanks to all who have contributed suggestions, either directly or indirectly.

Reg Blackwood
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
X-Way Pad is now available in its second edition at the new MindShocks site:
http://mindshocks.com/products/x-way-pad

An extra four pages include:

Additional handling tips and construction notes
Some additional logical disconnects
And performance notes on how to use the pad for the following predictions and effects:
Signs of the zodiac, months of the year, chess pieces, ESP symbols, technicolor prediction, drawing duplications and more

The price remains the same and the update has been sent out to all previous purchasers.

Thank you to everyone who contributed!

Reg
blsorg
View Profile
Regular user
Charleston WV
149 Posts

Profile of blsorg
Just received the update. Thanx- looks great. This has some very good potential.
- Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana! -

http://www.WVmagic.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » X-Way Pad by Reg Blackwwod (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL