The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Annabelle Lee (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Well, her hand.

Annabelle Lee was the resident Medium at the Hells Kitchen, N.Y. chapter of the Sanctum Society for 67 years.
She was even there that night in the back room. She saw the man in the fedora. She new his name. Christopher J. Gould. One of the many secrets Annabelle knew.

In 1942 at the age of 87, she allowed a casting to be done of her hand. Thirteen days later, she was gone.
Well almost gone. Her spirit has inhabited the 13 hands made from the original casting. Only 4 of those hands had been accounted for, until now.

From Outlaw, Stoltz and Wisseman

This particular hand was found in the basement of Trinity Press 40 years ago, in a small old wood box with leather hinges.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Dang, the edit function expired before I could finish the post. This hand is not painted or aged yet.

She is also to big for the Hobbs box (oh Lucy!) but works great on the SM, Darkboard and Oculus. There is also a presentation for use without having to own one of those products.

Look for Annabelle on the site in about one week.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1704 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
It is true. You do not sleep.

Beautiful. Eerie.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2249 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Seems you have created yet another work of art, and the ultimate in rappinghands.

Bravo

K
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
816 Posts

Profile of lin
And neither the angels in heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3321 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Excellent job.... I give you a big hand for this work and rate it 4 out of 5 fingers.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3870 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
...oh...my.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Quote:
On 2011-06-13 05:33, Roth wrote:
There is also a presentation for use without having to own one of those products.

I think using this straight on someones table right out of the box is perhaps one of the better presentations.
Having one of the other Outlaw pieces will let you do this from across the room though.

She also makes a great TT storage device!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Nice Guys !
Does the post mean... there will only be 13 of these made ?

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1898 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Christopher Gould? I know him....
EddiefromEugene
View Profile
New user
Eugene, Oregon
83 Posts

Profile of EddiefromEugene
Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product. Too bad it won't fit with the Hobbs.
gianni mattiolo
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of gianni mattiolo
Fantastic!!!!!!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2870 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Awesome!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
magicianroger
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of magicianroger
Looks great I want one
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2130 Posts

Profile of RCP
Looks awesome! So you have been busy.
celticninja
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of celticninja
Most excellent Rick. Scared the hell out of my wife. Looks very realistic. Kudos.
Live Long and Prosper!

D.

Arcane Performer
http://www.thehauntedcottage.com/
http://ghostsandmurder.com/
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Thanks Guys. Stoltz and I went through several versions until we were happy with the look and performance.

I want to clarify that this hand is in no way intended to appear to be a real hand and should not be presented as such Smile

I also want to note that the "13" hands made is part of the back story and it is in fact a limited edition of 100 units.

There is also a Hallmark on the stump with the date 1942, the number 13 and the initials of the person that made the original casting.

Lastly and most important, I would not refer to the hand as belonging to Annabelle Lee during performance, unless you'd like to see a few more new members to the Magic Café Smile

That is a google proof working name. It will appear on my site, but it is up to you guys to come up with a name you might use in performance, if that's part of your presentation.

Feel free to post ideas if you'd like.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Finally!!!! Woohoo!!!!
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2011-06-13 22:51, Roth wrote:
Thanks Guys. Stoltz and I went through several versions until we were happy with the look and performance.

I want to clarify that this hand is in no way intended to appear to be a real hand and should not be presented as such Smile

I also want to note that the "13" hands made is part of the back story and it is in fact a limited edition of 100 units.

There is also a Hallmark on the stump with the date 1942, the number 13 and the initials of the person that made the original casting.

Lastly and most important, I would not refer to the hand as belonging to Annabelle Lee during performance, unless you'd like to see a few more new members to the Magic Café Smile

That is a google proof working name. It will appear on my site, but it is up to you guys to come up with a name you might use in performance, if that's part of your presentation.

Feel free to post ideas if you'd like.

I can imagine who and what will be done with this once it is in "their hands". The temptation to present it as genuinely real is going to be too much for the truly bizarre practitioner. (It already looks "real enough". Actually downright "ghoulish", would be the proper term.) Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
On 2011-06-14 02:26, John Nesbit wrote:
Quote:
I can imagine who and what will be done with this once it is in "their hands". The temptation to present it as genuinely real is going to be too much for the truly bizarre practitioner. (It already looks "real enough". Actually downright "ghoulish", would be the proper term.)

We looked at lots of photos of "old hands" and it is a very realistic replica of a very old woman's hand. As far as passing it off as a real severed hand, I think a real hand would probably be "mummified" and quite discolored.
I think Annabelle is rather quaint looking, in a bizarre sorta way Smile

Btw there is a hallmark on the wrist with a date and signature (1942)
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Annabelle Lee (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL