The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Four Told by Devin Knight: A Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2075 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I just finished reading Devin Knight's newest release, "Four Told." Imagine four volunteers are shown a card (included) with five different colored ESP symbols on it and asked to just think of one of the symbols. There is no force; the volunteers may think of all different symbols or all the same, it doesn't matter. Members of the audience can be asked to participate as well. The magi begins to get some "impressions" from the volunteers and names a few of the symbols. Some of the volunteers are instructed to close their eyes and mentally draw the symbol they have chosen. The magi also gets some impressions of colors and names some of them as well. Some volunteers are instructed to close their eyes and visualize the color of their symbol. The magi gets yet more impressions of a mixture of symbols and colors and names some of them. Some of the volunteers are instructed to visualize their thought of symbol or color. The magi next hands a card, face-down, with an ESP symbol on it to each volunteer (ESP cards are not included). Only now does the magi ask each volunteer which symbol they had chosen and it is shown that each ESP card matches. As an added kicker, the magi can select several audience members and reveal which symbol they had chosen while "playing along." The magi is correct in every instance.

If what I've described above interests you, "Four Told" should be your next purchase. It is a devious, yet simple, method to "divine" the thought of symbols of your volunteers and audience members. In fact, you can even perform this with more than four volunteers on stage with considerable ease and it's simplicity allows you to focus on your presentation (e.g., NLP, psychological, true mind reading, etc). There is almost no memorization involved (you can memorize what you need in less than a minute... really) and there are built in aids to ensure you do not forget. There is very little volunteer management involved (you should find this a simple task, even if you are a beginner) and should play to a small or a large audience equally well. You might even try this at a banquet or wedding where there would be larger tables that seat eight or more (there is no reset and a second presentation method is provided so you could actually use four of the guests at a table for the first demonstration and then use the another four guests for a second demonstration).

I love the thinking behind this and believe you will as well. You can get "Four Told" directly from Devin here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm......9D4U3FLU

Regards, Steve

P.S. - In thinking more about "Four Told," I realized that you can, with some creativity on your part, construct your own card with different images (e.g., emotion words, foods, common objects, etc) for an entirely different presentational context... maybe even with children!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
And may I add WITHOUT asking any questions. The participants saying nothing until the end, at which time they show their face down ESP cards and show they match the symbols they thought of.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
This appears to be a preorder---when will it be shipping? thanks
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
They are shipping this week, I have a ton of pre-orders and will send them out as fast as I can.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
OK- received pre-release of the PDF instructions. I will not regurgitate the first post as to the effect. What I can say is that the method and procedure outlined in the instructions are very devious. The subtlety's Devin uses to accomplish this effect are very good. I don't see how ANY audience member will be able to figure this out. As Devin states in the instructions- this IS as close to reading minds as you can get. I sincerely believe this. (Beyond Cold readings) The instructions are very well written and easy to follow. As the above post states, what really is intriging about this is that not only can you tell the (4)four spectators thought of symbol, you can divine some of the audience members as well. Can you imagine? What an extra amazing climax. To be able to correctly divine four peoples thoughts then so , "Oh, wait a minute - I'm getting another impression from a few of you in the audience- you sir- you were thinking of the Star, you mam, you were thinking of the circle!" What a slap in the face! The possibilities with this card and method using the card are many. I am surprised that Devin is releasing this to us- I would like to say - "Thanks Devin"! This is something you WILL use and be able to add it to your set very quickly. I would say that the learning curve to make this happen is very small. You will be reading minds with this card in no time. Very nice Devin- now I want to know WHEN are they coming! I can't wait!

RNK
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Just ordered mine---look forward to receiving it and posting my thoughts
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I also received the pdf and this is awesome. Will work in any language andhas so much deception going on it will never be found out.
Devin is getting so good at this type of mentalism, how will he top this?
Excellent material,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2011-06-13 11:46, yachanin wrote:
The magi begins to get some "impressions" from the volunteers and names a few of the symbols. Some of the volunteers are instructed to close their eyes and mentally draw the symbol they have chosen. The magi also gets some impressions of colors and names some of them as well. Some volunteers are instructed to close their eyes and visualize the color of their symbol. The magi gets yet more impressions of a mixture of symbols and colors and names some of them. Some of the volunteers are instructed to visualize their thought of symbol or color.

Okay, this is a pinch more precise than what the demo showed us... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 09:35, Nicolino wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-13 11:46, yachanin wrote:
The magi begins to get some "impressions" from the volunteers and names a few of the symbols. Some of the volunteers are instructed to close their eyes and mentally draw the symbol they have chosen. The magi also gets some impressions of colors and names some of them as well. Some volunteers are instructed to close their eyes and visualize the color of their symbol. The magi gets yet more impressions of a mixture of symbols and colors and names some of them. Some of the volunteers are instructed to visualize their thought of symbol or color.

Okay, this is a pinch more precise than what the demo showed us... Smile

Yes- but is still an amzing piece of mentalism! And will NEVER be able to be back tracked to figure out. No Way unless you know the principle behind it, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say 99.9999% of the spectators will not know the principle.

RNK
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 10:32, RNK wrote:
...and I'm going to go out on a limb and say 99.9999% of the spectators will not know the principle.

Honestly, I doubt that figure.
Always expect your audience to be smart!

(I remember a similar discussion about Crossroads, btw)

Anyway, more reviews will hopefully come in....
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Some other top mentalists have seen this and will be posting reviews later this week. They all agree that NO one will be able to backtrack this and figure it out. The principle is so well concerned, that even many magicians will wonder how you were able to know all you do from only calling out a few of the symbols and colors. You don't do a complete call and NOTHING is ever repeated! Even if you think you know the principle it just doesn't seem possible you can do it in such a streamline way.

In additional you ask NO questions and the spectators say nothing except at the very end. Fishing doesn't seem possible.

Devin
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
So you don't consider asking the spectators, that think of certain symbols to close their eyes a (non-verbal) question?
I'm honestly interested and really don't want to sound sarcastic! If so many pros are fooled by it, maybe I'm getting something wrong....
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The way the effect is set up you don't ask a question. You get the impression of 3 symbols and make a statement say if that is your symbol to close your eyes and concentrate on it. Almost immediately, due to the clever secret all 3 or 4 people close their eyes! If you notice in the video I named 3 symbols and these were the 3 symbols they were thinking of! This stuns an audience. Don't forget at the end you point to people in the audience and tell them the symbol they were thinking of. You are asking them to close their eyes to visualize it better in their mind. Let's say you have 4 spectators and you said you are getting an impression of 3 symbols and all 4 close their eyes...to an audience you would have no way of knowing which person was thinking of what symbol and the fact that 3 or 4 of them closed their eyes shows you were correct in your impressions.

There are no restrictions or sneaky ways to force them to think of the same symbol. They simply look at the chart and think of a symbol!

This is mind-boggling. Another presentation included involves you saying you have projected a symbol into their minds and all 4 people are thinking of the same symbol! This about as strong as you can get for any mentalism item. This is done with NO FORCES or instant stooges and they are all amazed they thought of the same symbol, which by the way you have PREDICTED and hold the prediction in your hand, a single card, before they all admit they thought of the same symbol.

Devin
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
I was also one of those who received a pre-release copy of "FOUR TOLD" and -- of all of Devin's products that I have (which, while not ALL of them, numbers quite a few) -- I can honestly say that I consider this one the best of the bunch.

It truly IS exactly as advertised and IMO Devin is correct when he says that it about as close to real mindreading as you can get. The beauty of it is that there is NO PRE-SHOW, NO QUESTIONS ARE ASKED, NOTHING IS WRITTEN, the participating spectators SAY NOTHING but merely THINK of one of the symbols displayed yet the performer is UNERRINGLY able to indentify the symbol being though of not only by each of the four participants, but by other members of the audience as well.

Despite the suspicions/assertions that are sure to be posted by some skeptics, know-it-alls and naysayers I honestly believe it is safe to say that not one observer in 1,000 -- no matter how smart/sophisticated -- even those who understand and are familiar with the mathematical concept involved -- will be able to "back engineer" the method. While any astute observer may assume that the fact that some of the participants close their eyes at various times during the presentation while others don't may be revealing SOMETHING to the performer, the routine has been meticulously constructed to ensure that that fact provides the essential "logical disconnect" that will preclude their being able "decode" such signals. (BTW, I also have -- and have studied -- the original Al Mann effect that inspired "FOUR TOLD." Devin has taken it far beyond anything Al Mann could have imagined.)

If I were to find any fault with "FOUR TOLD" it is that IMO it is W-A-Y underpriced. It is worth many times the selling price to the working mentalist, it will DEFINITELY become a regular feature in my show!
Dick Christian
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 12:39, Dick Christian wrote:

If I were to find any fault with "FOUR TOLD" it is that IMO it is W-A-Y underpriced. It is worth many times the selling price to the working mentalist, it will DEFINITELY become a regular feature in my show!

I profoundly agree- WAAAYY underpriced!

RNK
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
225 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Got the Pdf and all I have to say:

1.You are all right its underpriced

2. Brilliant as everything you can get by Devin Knight

3. A real worker

4. If you want something with multiple audiencemember involvement No force, No dual reality etc. And not even restricted by signs
And works in any language

Get it... its an absolutely bargain for what you will get

Minderx
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
I had the pleasure to design the Product Graphics for several of Devin's recent products, including Four Told. Devin provided me with an advanced copy of this effect. And one may think this a biased review since I worked on the graphics. However, I started in magic at the age of 12, and as a 26 year magic enthusiast, creator, magic store owner, and professional in the industry. My reputation in this industry is important to me. I will not stand behind something that I didn't think was great, and Four Told is exactly this, Simply Great!

My Review: I can say without second thought Devin has a winner with Four Told. Devin has painstakingly created, reviewed, and laid out step by step detailed instructions, and supplies high quality materials for this effect. After having a couple of weeks to think about the applications of Four Told. I realize it's power more, and more.

Just imagine being in a large stage magic situation, and you toss a nerf football to someone in the front row, and you ask that person without turning around to toss that behind them. Duplicating this until you have selected 3 random spectators. They come on stage and you say to the audience I want to do an experiment with ESP utilizing 3 random spectators. == Pause for a moment == And for dramatic effect you then say: I want to make it tougher on myself let's add another to the 3. (Added again by tossing the football randomly to one more person) As Devin specifies besides the Four on Stage you can turn to the Audience and display your confidence in Four Told on additional random audience members. By following Devin's carefully thought out guidelines this is accurate 100% of the time, and still gives you the performer complete flexibility to inject your style, and personality into this effect.
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
My order's in.

Based on the reviews here from people who's opinion I take seriously

And the fact that at this price it's worth taking a chance.

Steve
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I'm convinced, too, and will place my order!
There's obviously more to it than expected!
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
This is the quickest delivery of anything I've ever ordered.

Just read through it.

This is one of those effects that only needs reading through to see how well it can play.

I've had a few of Devins effects (to be honest a fairly equal mix of hits and misses for my style)
This is a winner all the way.

Well done Devin

Regards
steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Four Told by Devin Knight: A Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL