The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Four Told by Devin Knight: A Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
This trick is an absolute knock out.

I performed it today on 4 pensioners. Although one of them didn't really know what was going on the other three had no idea how I performed the effect.

Can't wait to try it out on a group of college students tomorrow. I'll be trying the more advanced version.

I'll be back here to tell you how it plays out.

In the meantime here's the performance I mentioned filmed on my friend's mobile phone (sorry, picture quality and sound isn't the best).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWxr_KRPDF
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
"The URL contained a malformed video ID. "

:(
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2075 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I hate when that happens Smile

Regards, Steve
magic.mind
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of magic.mind
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 08:58, Andi Peters wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 08:10, magic.mind wrote:
I saw a performance of this effect and I must say that the method is clear and obvious.

Was that Craig's performance?

Who is Craig

Quote:
On 2011-07-23 17:26, yachanin wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-23 08:10, magic.mind wrote:
I saw a performance of this effect and I must say that the method is clear and obvious.

Hi magic.mind,

Do you think that was the case because of a poor performance, that you have a considerable background in magic, or both?

Regards, Steve

Neither Steve, although I don't know how that procedure EXACTLY works, I know that works WITH that procedure and that isn't good. Spectators arent stupid.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Here is a detailed review from Chris Johnson on his blog for Hocus Pocus
http://crisjohnsontricktalk.blogspot.com/
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Excellent review, and a very accurate review by Cris. That's a 10 out of 10, and I totally agree Four Told is a perfect effect. A for sure classic in the making...
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1942 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
It's now a classic for me in my performances. I absolutely love this effect and I'm telling you if you take your time and have fun with this you will fry them and enjoy the applause you receive. BTW great review! And well deserved.

Good magic to all,

Eric
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
962 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Great effect from Devin, very simple and easy to do...recommended..!!!
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Four Told is gold!
Great reactions!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1942 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Well I have to say after performing this with the NEW (or latest) method coupled with using the "symbols" I can say in my honest opinion no one will be able to back track this. Performed with the new method this effect has now become so much more powerful.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
This has got to be trick of the year so far.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Knarild
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Knarild
Ordered it August 18 by the paypal link in the first post here. Not received yet. Probably better to order from a shop. Knut
The Mind Bakery
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of The Mind Bakery
Order is in. Order is soooo in.
Can't wait to see this.
+++ the mind bakery +++ device-free brain imaging +++ www.mindbakery.com +++
magicguyri
View Profile
New user
RI
66 Posts

Profile of magicguyri
I am having great success (and fun!) using Four-Told. Early in my show, I suggest to my audience that they close their eyes when trying to receive numbers (37/68) that I project to them. When I am doing Four-Told, the behavior is already set into motion...and just reinforced.
Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
I'm enjoying this thread even though I don't have Four-told. I have a question for those who have performed it. Doesn't an explanation seem obvious? After all, a spectator doesn't have to figure out the details -- if a pathway is immediately apparent, the magical effect is lost. In this case, it would seem that many spectators (the kind that like detective stories) would immediately think, "Oh, clever, some sort of elimination principle." They would think that if A, B & C closed their eyes when three symbols were mentioned, and B & D closed their eyes when some colors were mentioned, the performer had a way of backtracking. This explanation may be wholly or partially wrong, but as long as it occurs to some spectators, we've lost them. Does the presentation eliminate this "obvious" but possibly wrong interpretation?
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2870 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Tony, you will get different answers for this one here, that's for sure....
Here's mine: you hit the nail on the head with your assumptions! And no, I don't think the presentation can efficiently disguise what really happens to an intelligent audience.

Please note that this is my opinion alone, and that it comes from someone who was called 'naysayer' in this thread.... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
mimo67
View Profile
Elite user
France
419 Posts

Profile of mimo67
I suggest you look into Devin Knight's Tarot Four Told version which he 'offers' in his latest ebook. It disguises more the method as it seems to me more logical and 'covered' than the ESP symbol version...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Yes, my Tarot version, makes it appear that 4 people concentrate on 5 Tarot cards you do not know. The only impression calls involve people and animals. On the average Tarot deck at least the Waite deck. People are on all but 7 cards in the deck and animals are at least a third of the deck. Considering you only have people concentrate on impressions of people or animals, NO COLORS, it doesn't seem possible as you plainly show the deck before hand to the audience. Asking participants to close their eyes and see the person in their mind is like saying you are getting the impression of suits in a deck and to close your eyes and see the suit without you saying any certain suit. To an audience when you say close your eyes and see the person, it doesn't appear to be a clue as almost every card in the deck has person on it. Tarot Fold Told is impossible to backtrack in my opinion.

Devin
Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
Where is the ebook teaching the tarot version available?
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Only through Devins site.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Four Told by Devin Knight: A Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL