The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Four Told by Devin Knight: A Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
When I google Devin knight, his home page link gives me a 404 error. What is the URL for his product site?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-09-11 20:13, Tony Noice wrote:
When I google Devin knight, his home page link gives me a 404 error. What is the URL for his product site?

Here is the link to order Tarot Four Told ebook:
Three Mind Miracles by Devin Knight: Available here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm......6D3YCAEC
nikhilvarma
View Profile
New user
New Delhi, India
27 Posts

Profile of nikhilvarma
Hey everyone, got four told today finally...must say the method is ingenious. Awesome effect...however, you do have to ask certaim things from the spectators (as a group)...but still pretty good.
I am glad to see Mr. Knight himself answering a lot of queries. I have one too! Sir, are there any other effects which kind of use the same principle or something that uses c**** and all. Please do let me know as such stuff amazes me and I really like performing as they call it "mental miracles".
Regards,
Nikhil
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
The principle is far from new: check Al Mann's, Leo Boudreau's and Martin Gardner's works!
(No, I won't provide you with a ready-to-buy-effect) Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
nikhilvarma
View Profile
New user
New Delhi, India
27 Posts

Profile of nikhilvarma
A small mishap took place tonight Smile...i didn't follow the instructions properly and was so thrilled with the effect that I tried it on 2 of my friends...but they instantly caught me Smile...a lesson learned...unless there are 4 or more people its not an ideal trick to perform...so never perform for 2 spectators, they will catch you!!!
nikhil
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
That is why the effect is called four told.
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Got this today and was disappointed. Too transparent for my type of audience, even with the amended instructions.
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Hi there
This is my second Devin Knight effect!
I love the principle just a couple of questions please.
I brought this at the beginning of July it had just come in stock, souled is have the update with it already? I can't tell if not can I get it?

Also, Got the script in my head, I know how to play it, but... How has anyone praticed it? Do you just go for it live as it were?
Thanks
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
All dealers have the updated version.
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Thanks Devin, just wanted to check!

Any one any advice on the best way to practice thus before going live with it?
XerxX
View Profile
New user
I hope I'll make more than
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
@timski523 and Devin: PMed you.
2013-01-25: Returning after a loong absence...
Grampa Wizard
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Grampa Wizard
I'm late getting in on this thread, but I wanted to say that I agree with many here that this is a terrific routine in every way, and very likely the best DK effect to date. As always, with Devin's work, I am impressed with the simplicity, directness, and diabolical cleverness of "Four Told." And the updated version has some material as important, no, really more valuable and helpful! as the original routine. Knight is a fabulous writer of instructions, as always -- complete, crystal clear, and very well detailed, covering every "move," position, and nuance.

One note for those who have asked how to rehearse this routine: Just set up hypothetical combinations of spectator choices, then go through the jotting just to get used to the sequences, the figuring and such. And do this rehearsing out loud, to get the patter down. That should make performances "automatic" and free of hesitations. I can't wait to go live with this, but as everyone has said, this is so simple & easy and virtually fool-proof. Anyone should be free of worry even on the first go with this.

And it's true, nobody is going to be able backtrack and discover the method. Even those who think they have it figured out will quickly realize that no they don't!
The method is so arcane, and the way it works is still a mystery to me. Reminds me a little of "Pre-Deck-Ability in this way. I've tried retracing the moves of that routine, too, and end up shrugging my shoulders and saying, "I don't know how it works; it just does, so fuhgedaboudit!"

Thanks, Devin, for some amazingly creative work on this. This routine should come across as miraculous and as as close to genuine mind-reading as any mentalist routine available to the magic fraternity.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
750 Posts

Profile of roblane
Is anyone in the UK having problems getting their phone to connect to the site? The QR code scans fine but the website says it May be temporarily down. I can get onto ' backroommagic on the pc though.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
750 Posts

Profile of roblane
All working now.....off to practice
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Grampa Wizard
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Grampa Wizard
I've had a chance to try this on an audience, and, as I expected, it fried them.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
906 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Can I ask how many times you have to ask them to "now close your eyes" in this version?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Method one gets it down to 2.
m1735h
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of m1735h
Just wondering what the difference is between Four Told 1, smart phone edition and 2. I was going to buy the smart phone edition until I noticed 2 comes with the phone kit.

Am I right in thinking it is the smart phone edition and 1 combined but with the modern images?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
It is the same, we just renamed it to avoid confusion with the first version.
Jeff Gan
View Profile
New user
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
59 Posts

Profile of Jeff Gan
Quote:
On 2011-09-17 10:18, Devin Knight wrote:
All dealers have the updated version.

Sorry, I just ordered Fourtold 1. When you say updated, do you mean the new method or the new version with modern symbols (Fourtold 2)?
Thanks. Looking forward to getting this.

Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Four Told by Devin Knight: A Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL