The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Four Told by Devin Knight: A Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12046 Posts

Profile of John C
If it's good enough for Steve it's good enough for me. I bit. My kids won't eat for three days.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Will definitely pick this up soon...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12046 Posts

Profile of John C
Steve better be right on this one!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
John, how can you feed you kids for three days on the price of this?
They must be half starved the poor little mites.

And by the way.. I'm right...I'm very right.

This is the sort of "magic" I love.
You are doing what you pertain to be doing, using the mind to divine who is thinking of which symbol.

You're not getting them to write it down then getting a peek.
You're not getting them to choose a card then using some amazing dexterity move it to a position for you to read it.
There's no stooge in the audience sending you info by semaphore (hmm I bet that's not been tried before. I'll look into it.)

Just you, 4 people, and your mind.

John, I'm so sure you'll love this that I'm willing to say "if you decide it's not WORKER OF THE WEEK, then send it to me and I'll give you your money back".

Steve
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
906 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Hey Steve, how did you get yours so fast??

I ordered this last week Smile

Can't wait!!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Devin was kind enough to e mail me the pdf.

I think it was just coincidence that my order went through as he was sat at his computer.
I'm still waiting on the physical package with the chart to arrive.

Steve
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Plus I'm a very nice guy.

That always helps.

Steve
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
906 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On 2011-06-16 05:29, steveline wrote:
Plus I'm a very nice guy.

That always helps.

Steve

That's true Steve, maybe that's where I'm going wrong Smile
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Gee... I thoight I was also a nice guy ... Devin???

(My pre-order is in since it was first advertized, can't wait to play around with the idea)

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 12:39, Dick Christian wrote:
I was also one of those who received a pre-release copy of "FOUR TOLD" and -- of all of Devin's products that I have (which, while not ALL of them, numbers quite a few) -- I can honestly say that I consider this one the best of the bunch.

It truly IS exactly as advertised and IMO Devin is correct when he says that it about as close to real mindreading as you can get. The beauty of it is that there is NO PRE-SHOW, NO QUESTIONS ARE ASKED, NOTHING IS WRITTEN, the participating spectators SAY NOTHING but merely THINK of one of the symbols displayed yet the performer is UNERRINGLY able to indentify the symbol being though of not only by each of the four participants, but by other members of the audience as well.

Despite the suspicions/assertions that are sure to be posted by some skeptics, know-it-alls and naysayers I honestly believe it is safe to say that not one observer in 1,000 -- no matter how smart/sophisticated -- even those who understand and are familiar with the mathematical concept involved -- will be able to "back engineer" the method. While any astute observer may assume that the fact that some of the participants close their eyes at various times during the presentation while others don't may be revealing SOMETHING to the performer, the routine has been meticulously constructed to ensure that that fact provides the essential "logical disconnect" that will preclude their being able "decode" such signals. (BTW, I also have -- and have studied -- the original Al Mann effect that inspired "FOUR TOLD." Devin has taken it far beyond anything Al Mann could have imagined.)

If I were to find any fault with "FOUR TOLD" it is that IMO it is W-A-Y underpriced. It is worth many times the selling price to the working mentalist, it will DEFINITELY become a regular feature in my show!

I am so glad you thought this was good. I ordered this a couple days ago with the belief that it was as good as you stated. I feel much better about my purchase even though I don't have it yet.

Thanks Dick.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Slyhand- this is EXCELLENT!

RNK
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Whilst I like the effect in the demo, there are times when principle applied I love more and how it has advanced the use of that principle .

This is one of those occassions.

Andy
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Andy, excuse me? Not sure if I get what you are saying...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
This is even more excellent than I first realised.

The last few pages of the manuscript are the ADVANCED version.

The work on these pages take the effect to a higher level.

Here on the Café there are regular calls of "this is way underpriced!"
I've never held with that. The price is the price and people either pay it or they don't.

However there have been two recent exceptions in my view.
One was KIKI's photographs....and this.

With some clever thought this can be adapted to things other than ESP symbols.

In my book it's a must-have.

Steve
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Everyone, I want to clarify something, since there seems to be some confusion. I am not selling a PDF and one doesn't normally come with the effect. You get printed directions and a SPECIAL chart.

I sent a few preview directions to a few people on the Café whose opinions are well respected so they could let people know this is everything I claim.

NONE of these people got free copies. All of them paid for the trick so their opinions are not biased due to getting it free.

All orders are in the process of being shipped. Please do not ask for PDFs of the directions as I have already sent all I am willing to send. I get nervous if too many PDFs get out, due to file sharing. I have only sent these to people I trust NOT to share the file with other people.

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks for your support.

Devin
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1852 Posts

Profile of Prager
Very, very clever Mr. Knight!

:applause:
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-06-16 12:32, J. Prager wrote:
Very, very clever Mr. Knight!

:applause:

Perhaps a more detailed review from you???
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1852 Posts

Profile of Prager
The application of the principle in use in such an organic way, it's just fantastic.

It is possible to use Four Told with a business card or even just with the mind, you can achieve a lot more than E.S.P. symbols divination.

I predict some even more direct effects derived from Four Told.

Four Told will inspire mentalists, that is a fact.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
For those who may be interested I have available a LIMITED supply of large 11.5 x 14 inch charts for those who want this to be seen on the largest stages. The chart that comes with the effect is 8.5 x ll and this larger chart makes a big difference, especially if working a stage with a large audience. It makes it easier for the audience to see the symbols if you want to do the climax of telling 3 people in the audience which symbol they are thinking of...I printed only a few of these.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1852 Posts

Profile of Prager
Quote:
On 2011-06-16 13:17, Devin Knight wrote:
For those who may be interested I have available a LIMITED supply of large 11.5 x 14 inch charts for those who want this to be seen on the largest stages. The chart that comes with the effect is 8.5 x ll and this larger chart makes a big difference, especially if working a stage with a large audience. It makes it easier for the audience to see the symbols if you want to do the climax of telling 3 people in the audience which symbol they are thinking of...I printed only a few of these.

A pocket version, would be very useful for a lot of us.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Four Told by Devin Knight: A Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL