The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Diffused by SM Productionz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Hey,
just found this teaser on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7nXc82RaE&feature=feedu

What do you think about it? To me it looks like an old principle.
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
The method is obvious and I can see the gimmick even on the video so I guess everybody will see it in live performance. This can be very risky as you can not give the card box for examination and using this hendling spectator probably will ask you for examining the box.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Ouch. Painfully obvious, I think even to a layman.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
It's still clever thinking

I wouldn't perform it, but it is food for thought.

R
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Looks like a variant of Stone's Tool effect.
Official Thread Killer
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

That's what I think too. It's just obvious in my opinion. And it's not new.
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
The boxes are different.... but a good idea.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
The trailer is awful... We should ban trailers in which we can see the gimmick! Unbelievable :/
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
PCoreyB
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of PCoreyB
Dorian, I wasn't sure what you were talking about at first but then I watched it at 720p full screen and it is painfully obvious. I can only imagine what it might look like live.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
You'd think the gimmick would match the card box!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 14:19, jprace wrote:
You'd think the gimmick would match the card box!

Right, the demo really is ridiculous...!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
On their site they state "Any card can be chosen, SIGNED. The signed card is shown front and back, the performer simply let go, the signed card melts into the box in spectator's hands ."

My initial thought can't do that. I suppose it involves something mechanical to load the card in?
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Yes, you could show the card front and back and you could "simply" let go. But the card can't be signed when you perform it like in the teaser. I know a method with this gimmick where the card can be signed, but then it wouldn't be as clean as in the video and again it wouldn't be new. (Signed Card in box with TOOL by David Stone)

Really excited to see if this is again an old pricinple or maybe something new! (I doubt it)
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
I emailed them about the 'signed' card. What they said was the card shown in the demo is the very same card. No dup was used. So it could be signed. Now I am REALLY looking forward to this!
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

HussKarson: I'm sure that if you use a signed card it really doesn't look that "clean" as shown. I think pulling out the card looks simmilar to this:

http://youtu.be/6P8W4ECLcUs?t=1m18s

If not, I'm really looking forward to it as well. Smile
cinful823
View Profile
New user
England, UK
76 Posts

Profile of cinful823
I think the demo is not as good as their other Demo, but I still think this will be a good trick for lay people.

I agree that the method is obvious to us, however I don't get the part of free chosen card and signed. If anyone bought this, please give us a review.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
My guess is that by "signed card" they mean, "spectator signs the front, magician signs the back."

I agree this does look obvious. But it reminds me of a Sankey (I believe) effect where he openly picks a shell off a coin. For those of us familiar with coin gimmicks it looks ridiculous. But to the lay person it looks like one coin is just plucked right out of another coin. I'm curious if -- for a non-magician -- this really might look like a card disappearing/dissolving into the card case. I don't know. I think there's a possibility it might, but I just can't take off my magician glasses that much to know for sure.
cinful823
View Profile
New user
England, UK
76 Posts

Profile of cinful823
If spectator can sign the front and magician sign the back, it still a great effect I think. It will be an excellent souvenir for the spec. However, the thing that I am concerning about this effect is the skill level of it?

hopefully, there will be a review of this trick after they have released it.
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hello, a few folks PM me regarding this thread. Thought I could jump out and give some insights.

Magicsquared has a really good point. Would openly lifting a shell off a coin be killing the effect, or enhancing the magic? Is it 'obvious' in lay audience's eyes? As magicians, we try to create impossibilities by conditioning our audience psychologically into certain path; allowing them to reconstruct the magic in their own heads. Putting yourself into a non-magician's shoes. You have selected a card, knowing it's a legit card front and back, with that very same card, magician gently lets it go, the card disappears the moment it strike the case. The card is then found inside the case. What effect do you see? Of course, I can't speak for lay audience because I am not. I am a person with prior knowledge in magic. But from personal experience, the reaction has always been crazy when I perform this in spectator's hands.

The above is just to share some thoughts about my logic when it comes to creating my magic, based on what I assumed many would think this effect is done. In fact, although it is not, it was developed from that basic idea I published in a booklet years ago. But more like an improved version of it. In this effect, the card can be freely selected, signed front and back by the spectator if you really wish. The card melts into the case. You open the case and let the card slide out. The very same card. I've shown the working to a few friends and some had approached for TV right and exclusivity. At this point, no agreement is made. I'll be glad both ways, if this gets to the market, I am sure you'll find the design of this effect interesting.

Hope the message clarify a few things for ya.

Best to all,
Will
Silvio
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Silvio
Hey Will! I go to the SansMinds website and diffused is out of stock. There is no price and released date too. I just wonder when is it going to release and how much is it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Diffused by SM Productionz (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL