The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Rookie question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Wear good fitting clothes to look good. How much do you carry at one time that you need clothes a few sizes bigger? You may want to re-think your sets.
Life of Magic!
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I'm a big guy myself and agree with Wmegbli about wearing your clothes correctly. Larger men can't afford to have bulging pockets or anything that breaks the line of the eye because we're fighting an appearance battle from the beginning. I almost always work in a sportscoat and tie, suit or tuxedo and my working clothes are treated like a stage costume in that I have a few extra pockets installed and, whenever possible, I change at the venue. I carry my cards low so their weight helps the coat hang better on me. More importantly, I don't carry anything that's not used 'on stage.' I'm always surprised at magicians who carry two wallets (everyday and act) or their car keys that jingle when they reach for coins during walk around; for big guys, that's ten times worse. No extra change (just props), just the bills for the act, etc. In short, us fat guys have to travel extra lean. Smile

Best regards,
Joe
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 14:56, jeff boren wrote:
Is it best to wear pants a size or 2 larger so the pockets are easier to reach my hands into to retrieve/ditch items?

Absolutely not! As professionals we need to look our best.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
pjarnold
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of pjarnold
I like using the tension from the bottom of a regular fitting shirt to hold the sponge ball loads. Anywhere from the sides back will usually conceal it out of vision. The bonuses of this are you now have gravity on your side and no need to even go to your pockets.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Rookie question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL