The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » BackTrack! By Reg Blackwood (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S.WARD
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
251 Posts

Profile of S.WARD
Having purchased and liked Xway Pad I decided to purchase this PDF and I am very impressed with it. I can see how it may not suit everybody but I think this has so much potential. I will be using this as part of a stage effect soon. After reading through the PDF a few times it was really making me think and I was soon jotting down ideas and variations I could use. A very good product I think!

http://www.quintroon.com/about/magic/
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Ah thanks Stephen,
I was wondering how many people would find their way to this after X-Way Pad.

It's a conceptual PDF so please don't expect a complete "print this out" type of effect.
It's a constantly evolving idea and the demo effects included in the PDF are for illustration only even though I do perform versions of them myself.
I've had feedback from a few people about the choice of specific words/names I use in those demo effects, which ironically points out exactly why this idea is so strong.
Effects based on the principle require a bit of thinking on the part of the performer, but even though it's based around English words, I have heard from people using it in other languages too.

I'm looking forward to hearing how more pros/thinkers use the BackTrack! principle.

I was encouraged by a few people to get this out there early to stake my claim on a brand new idea/tool for mentalists and hope to re-work it soon, together with ideas I've received from other performers.

Those who get it now from Lybrary will get the updates free later, of course, and they'll have the chance to have their ideas included in a future version alongside some of the others I've received.

http://www.lybrary.com/backtrack-p-77973.html

Thanks again! I'm glad you see the possibilities.

Reg
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
I've just completed a major update to/reworking of the principle behind my original BackTrack! manuscript (from Lybrary.)
It's now renamed Ambivisual and the manuscript includes one new example effect and now weighs in at 20 pages.

This is now also available at the Mindshocks site (click the banner above "Penny for your thoughts" or the link in my signature) and I'm keeping the price at a low $10.

The new sample effect (for illustration of the principle) has a Spectator as Mindreader plot and the other extra pages include some additional building blocks to make the creation of your own effects based on the principle even easier.

The principle is a unique one which utilises properties inherent in many photographs, drawings, illustrations and everyday objects which can be used in mentalism effects in many different ways and some people have already said nice things about it.

If you're looking for an out of the box, ready to perform effect, the sample effects might just suit you, BUT those who have got most out of this principle have been those imaginative workers who have used it to create their own unique experiments in either open or closed prediction or apparent subliminal influence.

Note: If you originally purchased BackTrack from Lybrary, you will receive this update free of charge over the next couple of days.

If you are one of the five to who I sent the last BackTrack! update through a PM here, you'll also receive the new version very soon.

Thanks,
Reg
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Oops. Just bought it from Lybrary so I think I have the old version. Looks very promising on first glance. I'm interested to see what the update offers Smile
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thanks for your support Stuart,
I have confirmed with Chris Wasshuber that the updated and renamed version will definitely be sent to all previous purchasers.
Reg

Quote:
On 2011-07-13 05:15, StuartNolan wrote:
Oops. Just bought it from Lybrary so I think I have the old version. Looks very promising on first glance. I'm interested to see what the update offers Smile
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Cheers Reg Smile
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » BackTrack! By Reg Blackwood (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL