The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Whisper by Ken Dyne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikesmithmagic
This is awesome! I now have this gem (complete with personal message and autograph) and have performed which resulted in the mental demolition of the audience including the guy who did the mind reading! Great routines by Ken and the contributions by Mr Murray, Mr Elsdon, Mr Mcleod & co are superb routines using this devious technique. Nothing repetitive here, each idea is poles apart from each other contributor. A high price but understandably so for the method and the content! Buy it!!!

Click here to view attached image.
"I seriously love the disarming flexibility of Mick Wilson's SDP...one of those rare
card-handling procedures that exemplifies the concept of 'why run when no one is
chasing you'. SDP is an open-handed utility tool that conjurers will use to great
advantage when creating new effects in the years to come."

Mick Ayres, South Carolina, 2016
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2845 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Seen this in action and have to agree - very deceptive and impressive! As with all DR it seems to be best suited for stage performance
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4174 Posts

Profile of bobser
Wow!
150 x 200 = £30,000.
Wow!
D'ya think wee Kennedy keeps it all, or is he sharing it with the other guys?
Mike's right, this is AWESOME!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 09:42, bobser wrote:
Wow!
150 x 200 = £30,000.
Wow!
D'ya think wee Kennedy keeps it all, or is he sharing it with the other guys?

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the price tag.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2700 Posts

Profile of kinesis
It's still less than the fee for one gig. It is a mighty powerful effect. I tried this out at my last gig and had several people come up to me after the show to ask how this was possible.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1296 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I actually think as a group of people magicians/mindreaders are genuinely not well. We fall for everything....myself included! My gf has saved me from buying stuff by looking me in the eye and telling me "Pete don't me a f"""ing fool" In saying that I did buy the mini mindbuster but to be fair she was out with the girls that night!

Imagine making 30,000 grand for a book aimed at "mindreaders" Fair play and good luck to him!

Pete

P.S. Next time your about to press that "pay now" button just hold a mirror up and ask yourself "Am I being a !@#$%^& fool?*"
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 10:41, Pete Legend wrote:
I actually think as a group of people magicians/mindreaders are genuinely not well. We fall for everything....myself included! My gf has saved me from buying stuff by looking me in the eye and telling me "Pete don't me a f"""ing fool" In saying that I did buy the mini mindbuster but to be fair she was out with the girls that night!

Imagine making 30,000 grand for a book aimed at "mindreaders" Fair play and good luck to him!

Pete

P.S. Next time your about to press that "pay now" button just hold a mirror up and ask yourself "Am I being a !@#$%^& fool?*"

Solid advice, Pete. Solid.

-rob
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think Kennedy is a chancer....But as they say in the Mentalism community there is one born every five seconds.. so he should be sold-out in just over three hours.

I noticed one of the "reviewers" compares it with PK touches and a few other classics which I bought for an average price of £5 each. Which is probably closer to the real price. But I guess another £195 is worth it to stop wee jimmy up the road doing it!

This is too funny but I bet some will bite .......

LOL

10/10 for humour

Im gona buy 10 just think what they will be worth once they are all snapped up! I'l make a fortune on ebay.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Gotta agree with Pete here. I was about to drop some serious coin on a peek device. I sat back and thought to myself, what are you doing!? So I grabbed a stack of blank biz cards, wrote a word on one, placed it into my stack of biz cards, controlled it to the bottom, got my peek and the rest is as they say....PRESENTATION.

I am starting to feel that simple is better and usually cheaper. My work is now centered around blank biz cards. SOOOOO many possibilities. Words, drawings, objects, numbers, colors, etc.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Keep in mind that price and limited distribution also plays a role in keeping certain prodcuts and effects out of the hands of the masses. I think that is the case with MD. Great effect but the price keeps it out of every teenager who wants to be a mentalist. I much rather pay a little too much for a quality product with limited distribution, then pay a bargain price for a so so effect that everyone and their brother can get. that's just my opinion.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1296 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey lads, excuse my typo's in the above post "30,000 grand" I am having yet another slow day... Smile

but yes madness!

Best,

Pete
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4174 Posts

Profile of bobser
Kinesis, I know what you're saying but I've had the same reaction with.... well to be honest, just about everything I do.

Brehaut, I soooo disagree with what your saying and the attitude that surrounds it. Sorry, but it's simply never been a part of my world. I am always thrilled and honoured to help out younger guys and all genuine newbies to mentalism. I reckon I've mentored over a dozen who squeeze a living and never charged them a buck. And they've all paid me back in kind. And you use the word: 'masses' as if THEY are the lower proletariate. Listen, The magic Café, and mentalism in general, is all about INCLUSION, not EXCLUSION. If you don't get that then you'll never get anything!!! As long as we think that WE wear white hats and THEY wear black hats we're all ars-holes!

God Pete but you just made me and my missus scream with laughter when I read out your post to her. We've absoloooootely been there!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Euan4
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
147 Posts

Profile of Euan4
I have to say I have to agree with Bobster on this one, slightly biased being a teenager! Colin Mcleod showed me Whisper in action the other week and it was brilliant (no idea how it was done)! Very strong Mentalism. But I do not have the £200 to buy Whisper as I am still working to make being a Mentalist my full time job. I would say if you have the £200 buy Whisper as it is very very strong, if not well...don't!

Euan
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
Thomas Cooper
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of Thomas Cooper
I'd happily pay that price if I knew it was not a DR effect. Sadly it is, and so will always fall short when it comes to close-up work. I see no objection to making money off selling a book; and selling 150 copies for $200 each raises no moral or practical issues for me. Until I know the method I cannot say whether its good or bad; but I imagine I'd be highly dissapointed, its the nature of such DR.

One good thing I will certainly say though is that its got a great ad video. Very clear and simple, I want more of that in mentalism and magic.
I call myself "Thomas Cooper" here because this stops the magic café appearing when people google my stage name.

Does anyone else find the term "Special User" to be a bit condescending?
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 10:41, Pete Legend wrote:

Pete

Amen.

While it may be a wonderful effect, and as kinesis said, less then the cost of a gig, I must ask the question why? He could have priced it at $100 or even $50 and still made it one of the priciest single effects in mentalism history.

"Keeping it out of the hands of the masses" is one thing, exorbitant prices are another.

That said, it's a free market, and the wonderful thing about it is that if you don't want it, don't buy it, someone else probably will.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikesmithmagic
Each to their own as the saying goes. I like the Lightning Box but would not pay £150 for one. For me it just isn't worth it yet I have invested a huge amount of money in this book. As I mentioned in the post that started the thread, expensive but worth it, I have had great results with this effect as I have with Johnathan Pickards 'Transmission' but Whisper adds the possibility of spontaneity to my performance. It's a pity that there are people posting about the price without mentioning any thoughts of what the product holds or lacks as a performance piece.

It's very annoying to see Ken described as a 'chancer', this is the guy who has helped me with performance tips and ideas as well as doing the same for several friends of mine.

Above all else, Whisper has given me 7+ ideas in which to use the method all of which are completely different and extremely entertaining and the the 3 versions I have performed have left the audience and the 'mind reader' astonished. As with all effects it's performance and making it believable for me.

Those who have it, carry on enjoying it and reap the benefits of performing it and to those thinking of buying it, go for it, you won't be disappointed.
"I seriously love the disarming flexibility of Mick Wilson's SDP...one of those rare
card-handling procedures that exemplifies the concept of 'why run when no one is
chasing you'. SDP is an open-handed utility tool that conjurers will use to great
advantage when creating new effects in the years to come."

Mick Ayres, South Carolina, 2016
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2131 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I have this. I love it. Is it worth the money? To me, yes.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 19:54, Thomas Cooper wrote:
I'd happily pay that price if I knew it was not a DR effect. Sadly it is, and so will always fall short when it comes to close-up work. I see no objection to making money off selling a book; and selling 150 copies for $200 each raises no moral or practical issues for me. Until I know the method I cannot say whether its good or bad; but I imagine I'd be highly dissapointed, its the nature of such DR.

One good thing I will certainly say though is that its got a great ad video. Very clear and simple, I want more of that in mentalism and magic.

I think Young Ken is slowly becoming a really good marketer more than anything else....which is a great skill to have...

Hes still a chancer though but that's a good thing.. price is what the market will bare not any real relation to the value of the product... Value is subjective.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 19:00, bobser wrote:
Kinesis, I know what you're saying but I've had the same reaction with.... well to be honest, just about everything I do.

Brehaut, I soooo disagree with what your saying and the attitude that surrounds it. Sorry, but it's simply never been a part of my world. I am always thrilled and honoured to help out younger guys and all genuine newbies to mentalism. I reckon I've mentored over a dozen who squeeze a living and never charged them a buck. And they've all paid me back in kind. And you use the word: 'masses' as if THEY are the lower proletariate. Listen, The magic Café, and mentalism in general, is all about INCLUSION, not EXCLUSION. If you don't get that then you'll never get anything!!! As long as we think that WE wear white hats and THEY wear black hats we're all ars-holes!

God Pete but you just made me and my missus scream with laughter when I read out your post to her. We've absoloooootely been there!

Bobser--we don't all have a right to learn each and every effect we want. We do have the opportunity. By pricing it 200 pounds, most (not all) who buy it will have thought it through and make an effort to do justice to the effect (not all--most). If you price something for the "masses", you will certainly have a number of people purchase the effect to just learn the secret and also some perform it horribly (and some will perform it well). I have no problem and certainly understand why I performer would price a secret high enough to try and ensure that their secret remains exclusive. The bottom line is it is not easy to make money in mentalism. If someone can sell out 150 books at 200 pounds--more power to him.
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
200 pounds = 325 US$!!! Wow...Is it justified to priced it as high as Jerome Finley's material ???

for example,

Jerome sell T&R for 300$ (Limited to 60 physical manuscripts), 250$ for Guerrilla Q&A (Limited to 50 PHYSICAL manuscripts) ?!

If Ken Dyne book is worth it...for example, Jim Callahan DVD (Something and Tea with Alice & Jack) is worth...by following that rule...more than 2000$!!! (because you get a lot from his DVDs)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Whisper by Ken Dyne (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL