The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Four Told - What mind reading should look like (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
397 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Should have clarafied, what I gave each child was their choice in the form of a stuffed animal
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2287 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Has anyone used this in a live show for adults?

I want to see how it played out for you

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
397 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Have used it half a dozen times for adults,including this morning for a committee looking to hire anact for their xmas party, it went very well, always amazes, and yes I got the gig
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Great news. Glad you got the gig.

Quote:
On 2011-07-31 12:38, actorscotty wrote:
Have used it half a dozen times for adults,including this morning for a committee looking to hire anact for their xmas party, it went very well, always amazes, and yes I got the gig
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
This effect set my brain on fire! Probably the cleanest use of the principle, and as ever Devin's notes are full of the subtleties that elevate this above "trick" to masterpiece.
The subtleties are what sell an effect IMHO - that's what we get from the pros who perform their gems day after day after day ( see "This way up" thread).
I love this; and it's given me even better ideas. And I suspect Devin may tell us that more is yet to come Smile

IM
Steve
[
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-08-01 19:14, docsteve wrote:

I love this; and it's given me even better ideas. And I suspect Devin may tell us that more is yet to come Smile

IM
Steve

Yes, MORE is YET to come.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
An interesting variation using 5 cards from a Tarot Deck will be taught during my Mindvention Lecture this year.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2011-08-02 00:52, Devin Knight wrote:
An interesting variation using 5 cards from a Tarot Deck will be taught during my Mindvention Lecture this year.

Will this be a release , or a add on ?
Purchase of lecture notes?
How will one be able to obtain this variation if not attending Mindvention ?

-G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Peter Duffie is writing a new PDF on mentalism and this will be one of the effects I have contributed to his new book. So you can learn it at Mindvention or buy the new PDF which should be available in Oct from me or Peter.
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Devin, I finally caught that review you told me about (No Names)... Congrats on the extremely high marks! Performance --> :::: Cough ::::
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
For me this is the trick of the year so far.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-08-07 07:50, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

Thank you for saying that.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Wouldn't go quite that far but I do like it and will be using it. For me this is one of Devin's best 3 effects - the others being Blindsight and Wordsight.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2011-08-07 10:43, aligator wrote:
Wouldn't go quite that far but I do like it and will be using it. For me this is one of Devin's best 3 effects - the others being Blindsight and Wordsight.

An improved Blindsight is coming out later this year!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2011-08-07 08:59, Devin Knight wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-07 07:50, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

Thank you for saying that.

My pleasure. Credit where credit's due.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
McCoy
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
136 Posts

Profile of McCoy
Quote:
On 2011-08-07 12:48, Devin Knight wrote:
An improved Blindsight is coming out later this year!

Ooo, keep us posted on that!
I've experimented a little with Blindsight combined with an effect from "Hector Chadwick"'s book.. using movement of colour as the subtlety, rather than colour alone.
This is because I talk about the phenomenon of 'blindsight' to my eye-doctors audience! Patients of no acuity vision detecting movement, as retinal neurones for movement still functioning, despite loss of primary photoreceptors. And I demonstrate how, "with a lot of training", I can detect colours by their movement, even if I can't actually 'see' them! Or something like that. The script is more eloquent, honest!
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Anyone who has picked up Four Told over the last 2 months, and you have a video performing it. I would love to add it as a fan review to my Nexus Magic, and I'll link back to your page...

- Jason
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1239 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Devin:
Seems that a lot of Web stores are out of stock.
When the effect will be available again?
Thanks!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
As far as I know EVERY shop is sold out and my distributor is too...That is how popular this effect is. The good news is that I just got in a new shipment of the plastic cards needed for the effect and Murphy's will have another 200 of them in about 10 days to supply the dealers with. Thanks to everyone for making this effect so popular.

Devin
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
Devin,
If we order foretold directly from you, do you now have them in stock to mail out?
Cliff Gregory Wollin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Four Told - What mind reading should look like (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL