The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Four Told - What mind reading should look like (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15~16~17 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 17:28, IAIN wrote:
If you don't mind waiting til tomorrow derek, I'll send you the jpg if you'd like?

Ok I can wait too. Smile

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
I know how that happened. My cell phone is magic
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Everything you do is magic, John.

Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2085 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 16:45, IAIN wrote:
I've just made myself a mini-version, got a copy on my phone for impromptu, and one for my wallet...

Hi IAIN,
When you said, "got a copy on my phone for impromptu," my first thought was that you had pasted it on your land-line phone and I couldn't imagine why you would do that. I just got it... it's an imagine on your cell phone... duh (such lapses sure shows my age) Smile

Regards, Steve
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-06-21 03:42, steveline wrote:
Everything you do is magic, John.

Steve

Police!

jc
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2011-06-18 01:56, EricDraven wrote:
Devin offers EXCELLENT customer service!!
:)

DITTO- order something and that day its usually in the mail on its way to you!

RNK
kevin carmean
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of kevin carmean
Got this from Devin two days after ordering it. I think this is the best bit I have purchased in a long long time. After reading through it twice, Devin has really worked this routine out and it is as close to flawless as you could get. This is what real mindreading should look like!
Brilliant!

Thank you Devin.

Kevin
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Wow.

I honestly don't know how to say this.
There's a lot of guys here on this thread whose opinions I typically really respect.

But let me say this for rest of you:
I do not like this. At all.

best

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Why not?
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
I didn't like it out of the box either, Dave. Check your PMs at the other place.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
@ dmoses

I believe all effects need "tweaking" to a greater or lesser degree to make them work for YOU. and don't use anything as it comes "out of the box"

This one requires the least amount of tweaking of anything of anything I've bought in quite a while. Absolute minimum.

Steve

(anyone care to tell me about "the other place" ?????)
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
I do personally like it by the way, just not out of the box. I've added a logical disconnect and streamlined it more. The idea got me excited to find ways to improve it, which is always a good thing and something I haven't experienced in awhile.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey guys

It's true that the major fault of this effect-- it's transparency of method-- could be masked by other methods.

Multiple methods/cancelling out methods are usually our best defense against simple logic.
But the effect, as sold, doesn't offer any practical solutions.

If you have bought this effect and want to use it, I'd recommend studying Bob Cassidy's work-- particularly his roulette routine and the "Annemann" moment he exploits.

best

d
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 02:04, steveline wrote:
@ dmoses

I believe all effects need "tweaking" to a greater or lesser degree to make them work for YOU. and don't use anything as it comes "out of the box"

This one requires the least amount of tweaking of anything of anything I've bought in quite a while. Absolute minimum.

Steve

(anyone care to tell me about "the other place" ?????)

Hey Steve

Thanks for your reply. And while I agree that many effect require tweaking to make them work for the individual performer that's not the case here. Whatever tweaking required is not for performance purposes it is for methodological purposes.

You and I may both be able to hide the short-comings of a chrome-plated TT but a flesh-toned one would be a better investment... and would still require our special touches.

This is a chrome-plated TT... in my opinion, of course.

d
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I agree with Dmosis. In fact, I suspected the method before I purchased it but after reading some reviews and watching the demo video I figured there had to be more to it. Unfortunately the method was pretty much what I had suspected. I didn't know all the details but had a general idea. The method as is suffers from transparancy and I think there will be layman who will catch on. I suppose there are some logical disconnects that can be used but the routine as it stands is not what real mind reading should look like. I would never use it in my performances without some serious tweaking.

Just to end on a high note I agree the service was excellent. The product just wasn't what I expected.

Steve
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Thanks, Steve!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 12:08, dmoses wrote:
Hey guys

It's true that the major fault of this effect-- it's transparency of method-- could be masked by other methods.

Multiple methods/cancelling out methods are usually our best defense against simple logic.

But the effect, as sold, doesn't offer any practical solutions.

If you have bought this effect and want to use it, I'd recommend studying Bob Cassidy's work-- particularly his roulette routine and the "Annemann" moment he exploits.

best

d

Oh but it does offer practical solutions.

John
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I guess we have a different definition of 'practical', John.
But as I said, lots of people whose opinion I respect have said lots of nice things about this.

best

d
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12323 Posts

Profile of John C
I guess I should say "built-in" or inherent solutions. How's that?

J
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Just read through it!
I have mixed feelings. More positiv! First, it´s impossible for a spectator to follow and backtrack how you know all the symbols the spectators have chosen. But on the other hand, the MAIN-PROCESS (what you are actually doing) is, I think, pretty well known to laymen, and kind of transparent. It´s all in the how you present it. I compare it with an EQUIVOQUE. WELL KNOWN to every laymen, but it´s in the " how" you do it! I have to try it out to see how it will work for me!
I have to add, it´s well thought out, and for the price a steal!
Kiki
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Four Told - What mind reading should look like (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL