The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Impromptu and gaffless Brainwave? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SandwichMan
View Profile
New user
China
77 Posts

Profile of SandwichMan
Hey guys. I was wondering if there is an eight card Brainwave out there that doesn't require any extra cards from other decks? Not necessarily the red/blue back effect if you know what I mean, but something dealing with the faces maybe?
Music is meaningless if it cannot be FELT be cannot it if meaningless is magic.
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
264 Posts

Profile of murf
Take a look at Aldo Colombini's 4'Wave. You can find it in his Solutions lecture notes, or in the November 2002 issue of The Linking Ring.

Murf
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
I think things get mixed up here. Sandwichman means the Nick Trost effect, where the only card picked is the one with the odd coloured back. Colombini's effect is a Twisted Sisters-like effect.
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
400 Posts

Profile of konjurer
I have an impromptu version of the 8 Card Brainwave I created a few years ago. It is one of my bread and butter impromptu routines - it is the first part of a three phase routine that starts with my take on the Trost's 8 Card Brainwave and ends with Columbini's Nice Salad.

My impromptu version of the Brainwave has been very effective for me! Here is a link to a quick and dirty video of my complete 8 card routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXWHdA4fwSI

Hope that helps.

Tim W
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
SandwichMan
View Profile
New user
China
77 Posts

Profile of SandwichMan
Fvdbeek, I'm not actually looking for a "backed" version of the effect as it will require cards from other decks and is not necessarily impromptu.

murf, I'll definitely look into that. Thank you!

Tim, that's exactly what I was looking for. Excellent job on the routine. Thank you guys!
Music is meaningless if it cannot be FELT be cannot it if meaningless is magic.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10813 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Check out my G wave no gaffs or dupes
this might be what you're looking for
it is on another thread
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Vinny,

Where is this thread? I have been all over your site as well and can't find G Wave! Come on paesano give up the the goods and direct your paesano to where I might buy this approach.

Mille grazie,
Vlad
halestorm
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
64 Posts

Profile of halestorm
David Hale
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10813 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Vlad I don't remember but I can send you my g wave
vinny

Halestorm that's it thank you for this
vinny
Come check out my magic.

konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
400 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Great Brainwave Vinny. I love those last 2 displays of all red and all blue.

Tim
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
BEAUTIFUL!!!

Vinny PLEASE tell me where to buy this on your site paesano???

WOW!!

Vlad
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2011-06-17 18:08, SandwichMan wrote:
Hey guys. I was wondering if there is an eight card Brainwave out there that doesn't require any extra cards from other decks? Not necessarily the red/blue back effect if you know what I mean, but something dealing with the faces maybe?

There are two methods that come to mind but I feel "equivocal" about one and only have "half of a rough" idea about the other.

I've discarded some effects because while visually pretty they don't reinforce my claims. If after you show their card to be the odd-backed pasteboard you then proceed to show that you can make colors change anytime you want, the coincidence effect is nullified, the victim of overkill.

Claim: I can influence you to name or choose a certain card.
Proof: You name a card and I show you it is markedly different from all other cards.
Result: You allow yourself to believe I just might have hidden influence over your choices.

Claim: I can influence you to name or choose a certain card.
Proof: You name or choose a card and I show you it is markedly different from all other cards. I then proceed to likewise change the physical markings on some of the unchosen cards, making them appear just as different as your named card.
Result: You believe that I am good with my hands and can switch the cards or change their colors somehow at a whim. You naturally doubt I influenced you to name or choose anything.

Choose which effect you want. The cards physically and impossibly change or the chosen card is the only one with an odd back or face. It's a "chocolate or vanilla" type decision. Which do you like best?
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10813 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
JOE AND TIM THANK YOU
my dvd soon to be released called "godfather Tips his hand "this effect will be on it
vinny
Come check out my magic.

fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2947 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I've seen Mr.Marini's G Wave and it's very magical
I j
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
A nice variant with business cards can be found in Jerry Mentzer's book "Packet Tricks".
mr.matt
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of mr.matt
Tim, Zombie8 is a great little effect you put together. I really really like it.
magic.mind
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of magic.mind
The best version of b´wave for me is in this ebook http://mentalismcards.blogspot.com/
no gaffs and genius subtleties
kkentert
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kkentert
Alain Nu's NuWave. It's incredible.
wolfmaster
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of wolfmaster
8 card brainwave Smile Powerful and easy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Impromptu and gaffless Brainwave? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL