The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Effect by Nefesch and Harrismatic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Hey Guys

I am sure that all of you may want to take a look at this my newest release. It is called PORTABLE PC. Is an effect by me and a very talented young man whose name is Harris Charalampopoulos, here is the description of the effect:

You ask your spectator to think of an object and you tell him that you have brought with you a Portable Pc, you introduce now a business card which has a keyboard printed on one of its sides, you ask your spectator to imagine he is using a searching engine on his PC and instruct him to type the word they are thinking of on the keyboard that is printed on the card while you look away to ensure that you are not seeing what he is typing.

Once your spectator has typed its word on the keyboard (which is nothing but just a drawing) you tell him that normally after you press the ENTER key an image of the object he is thinking of should appear on the monitor, so now we need a monitor...

... You now take the business card and draw a monitor on the back of it.

You ask your spectator to concentrate on the object he is thinking, and by reading his mind now you now draw on the monitor the object they are thinking of.

You can now leave the business card to your spectator as a souvenir.

SOME POINTS:

At no point you ask your spectator to write anything down.
The card is examinable during all the time of the performance.
If you are looking for crazy and unique things, this is one of the most crazy ways to steal a piece of information.

I am sure all of you will enjoy it

all the best

Nefesch
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Sounds awesome! Can't wait to read it! Smile
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
I just finished reading it. The idea behind it is just awesome I really enjoyed it.. I'm sure it's a worker.

In fact I already printed the "keyboard" and I will try it out today. I'm sure it will kills.

I will write a review on it based on my experience today. Smile
Biovf
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Biovf
Yesterday I was lucky enough to read this new release from Harris and Nefesch. Well first of all, it's everything like it's in the blurb, no funky business about the description and it works exactly as described.

With that out of the way, I have to say that I laughed a lot about how genius this is. You receive a pdf with 10 pages explaining the effect, the method and how to prepare everything. I really loved the concept and while it is not totally new, how it is applied, the introduction of the keyboard in the business card really helps a lot when you're building your effect.
Another aspect that I really liked is subtle but it's also related with the concept of using a keyboard (like the ones in the smartphones). I think it goes really well with most audiences today, mainly for college/enterprise circuits (I think better than ask those people to write something inside the snow globe/crystal ball/low right corner of a business card) and was a touch I liked. It might also help you disconnect the relation between the spectator and the business card, empowering even more your revelation.
Thanks to Harris and Nefesch I couldn't sleep and spent all night thinking of some ways where to apply this and I'm most likely to try in p**-s*** and in a 3 spectator thought reading (a bit like Mr.Cassidy does in Mental Miracles I guess).

As a small note I just think they should have included some images to help visualize the explanation (Although it's well written and detailed) but is by no means a deal breaker, everything is easy to get.

At this price you get a way to know what ppl 'searched' in your business card keyboard, which opens lots of possibilities.
For me is a great bang for the buck, really recommended even if you already have similar methods.

David
Biovf
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Biovf
I forgot to mention a very important detail: angles are not a problem for this approach, you can get away with it in almost every situation and environment.

Just some more food for thought.

David
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Just read the pdf. I really would like to see someone perform this!!! I can´t imagine to use this idea. It´s a very nice idea, but a little impractical!
Especially the second part of the routine. It seems most people are very happy with it, but it´s not for me. I would maybe use it for pre-show, if I would do pre-show!
Or maybe I miss something here!
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2011-06-20 08:00, KiKi wrote:
Just read the pdf. I really would like to see someone perform this!!! I can´t imagine to use this idea. It´s a very nice idea, but a little impractical!
Especially the second part of the routine. It seems most people are very happy with it, but it´s not for me. I would maybe use it for pre-show, if I would do pre-show!
Or maybe I miss something here!

Hello my friend, can you please private message me, I would be very interested in discussing it with you

Nefesch
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Look forward to hearing my reviews on this product
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Hey Guys!
Just letting you know that by the end of the week
everybody that bought PPC (Portable PC) will be receiving a SECOND TEMPLATE for free Smile
This one will be included in all the new purchases as well, so everybody can have both of the templates
The new template that will be included is THE OUIJA BOARD template, it has been designed carefully to make sure that it fulfills all the requirements (gaps, size, structure, etc.) for you to perform the same concept of PPC on it!

I am sure you will all love it

Nefesch
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Nefesch,

Will you be sending out a complimentary copy to everyone that you spammed with your newsletter this week? I checked my email today and saw that I was put on to your mailing list. I thought it was strange because I'd not signed up to recieve anything from you and the ONLY place my email has been used is in my signature here. I'm wondering if you have been harvesting email addresses from the Café pages and then spamming people - or maybe you've put me on to your complimentary copy list? I do hope its the latter.

As for a review, I've not bought this, but a trusted friend has - I hear it is highly impractical and he tells me that he won't be using it. Would be interested to know how many of the purchasers are actually using it on a regular basis, in what environment, and what sort of success rate they are getting???
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
A warning about Nefesch's products,there is absolutely no sort of satisfaction guarantee,so do your research thoroughly.I bought his thought of card revelation and found it to be transparent bordering on farcical,absolutely not suitable for me but obviously wasn't able to return it.He was nice in the way he went about it though and did offer to help me with the effect but it jusn't wasn't my cup of tea.

Luke
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
There is no need for mee to defend Nefesch, as I don't know the man or own any effect by him, but....

"there is absolutely no sort of satisfaction guarantee" and "wasn't able to return it"

Isn't this the case with (almost) everything you buy in "Magicland" ?

Yes, be warned, but that should be in general, not directed to one particular dealer ( I think).

Frank
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
Biovf
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Biovf
About the effect being impractical...I would like to know how many of the buyers actually went through the trouble of designing a routine, properly rehearsing (Bold on properly!), practice first with friends and associates and after with lay ppl.
I bet that at most, 2/3 ppl tried to print and cards and then "thought" that it's not practical (just because it doesn't use the same regular methods as every single effect out there) and as such tossed this aside without even giving it a proper chance.

One of the main trends I've been watching the last couple of years, either in magic and mentalism, is the need for "the same old methods dressed in a new coat", meaning that if your effect uses any different or even a bit risky methods, they're tossed as impractical.
That's probably why so many mentalists and magicians go out the door running to buy the "new super duper mentalism effect", that instead of using slates uses business cards and was written by annemann 40 years ago...
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Bearing in mind I've not read the actual manuscript and only been a shoulder to cry on for someone who wasted $13 of their hard earned cash...

Biof - Have YOU dessigned a routine, rehearsed, practiced and now performed? How did you get on. I agree that the method is unusual (although far from revolutionary) but is it practical? My fried (who did try it out) didn't think so. There is simply too much to go wrong. As for your review here it seems unduly adulating. I assume you aren't a Nefesch employee? Seriously, I can't remember the last time that I read an effect that excited me so much that "I couldn't sleep and spent all night thinking of some ways where to apply" it.

Quote:
I think it goes really well with most audiences today, mainly for college/enterprise circuits

Really? Which college and enterprse circuits have you tried this out on? What about the Women's Institute circuit? Do you think it will go really well for them? Or do you think the simple women folk might not be able to get their housework obsessed little minds around the idea of a computer?

I'm all for new methods and fresh thinking - but if the result is garbage then whats the point? How many people want to perform a 'risky' effect without an incredible payoff? There is too much procedure in Portable PC for it to be a throwaway effect and imo the payoff isn't strong enough to justify the risk. Sure you could save it with a NW or some other method, but that is true for most effects.

Quote:
Isn't this the case with (almost) everything you buy in "Magicland"?

Actually there is an implied condition attached to all sales of magic and mentalism effects that they aren't transparent and aren't farcical. If they are then the product is not as (implicitly) described and you are entitled under consumer law in most juristictions to a refund. Demand it. If a refund is not forthcoming contact your bank/paypal and make a claim. On occassion this claim won't be successful, but it still places a black mark against the sellers account.
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 01:41, DutchFrank wrote:
There is no need for mee to defend Nefesch, as I don't know the man or own any effect by him, but....

"there is absolutely no sort of satisfaction guarantee" and "wasn't able to return it"

Isn't this the case with (almost) everything you buy in "Magicland" ?

Yes, be warned, but that should be in general, not directed to one particular dealer ( I think).

b

Yes that's true and I don't mean to single out Nefesch,and I understand secrets have to be protected but it doesn't make it that ethical that many times marketers intentionally mislead you to the point that you don't know what you are exactly getting when you are handing over your money. Usually your purchasing partly on the creators good reputation,and in Nefesch's case their have been very mixed reactions to his recent offerings so its valid to warn people in this case..
There are some respectable creators of effects, with good reputations, that do let customers return items if they are completely unsatisfied,the name Ben Harris is just one name that pops to mind but there are many more that offer the same because they value having satisfied customers,and there are more still that may not take items for return but that communicate excellently upfront so as to prevent problems after the sale is complete.
Just because its always been the way that mostly you can't return items I don't think it necessarily should always be strictly that way.Too many people feel ripped off to much of the time and I don't think its just cause things aren't as exciting when you know the secret.

Luke
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Luke:

I always walk the extra mile when it is about customer service!!
And that you can verify with any of my costumers.

About refunds:

I ALWAYS send full refunds to people that request it ABOUT ANY OF my products!
THE ONLY times when I DON'T offer refunds, is when I FOUND A lurker! someone that request a refund EVERYTIME they buy something, when I am ask for a refund I check first with other colleges to see if their email address, name, etc. appears in the data base as a person that is always asking for a refund no matter what is the case, when that happens and the info matches THEN and only then a refund is not accepted.

This product in particular (PPC) has received a lot of compliments from my costumers, and lot of ideas about the method, handling and routine have been brought to me, all those will be soon put together in the a second and even third version that will be sent FREE OF CHARGE to all the previous costumers (part of my costumer service policies)

Nefesch
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
I ALWAYS send full refunds to people that request it ABOUT ANY OF my products!

Strange. Is LukeB lying? Or is he a serial refunder?

I suppose the lesson is to buy products from Nefesch with a throwaway paypal account. That way there is no chance of your details being on his 'database'. Problem solved.

Quote:
This product in particular (PPC) has received a lot of compliments from my costumers, and lot of ideas about the method, handling and routine have been brought to me, all those will be soon put together in the a second and even third version that will be sent FREE OF CHARGE to all the previous costumers (part of my costumer service policies)

So is this (plus spamming) the new business model? Produce garbage and then hope your paying customers can give you sufficient feedback to make it a half respectable product? Providing the updated versrion for free is the MINIMUM would would expect. Maybe you should say to your customers that they can have the update only after they have posted a postive review in the Café. Sounds like a winner to me!
Biovf
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Biovf
[quote]
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 07:52, Davit Sicseek wrote:
Bearing in mind I've not read the actual manuscript and only been a shoulder to cry on for someone who wasted $13 of their hard earned cash...

Well first of all Davit it's clear that you seem to have some beef with Nefesch and I won't comment on that.

Quote:
Biof - Have YOU dessigned a routine, rehearsed, practiced and now performed? How did you get on. I agree that the method is unusual (although far from revolutionary) but is it practical? My fried (who did try it out) didn't think so. There is simply too much to go wrong. As for your review here it seems unduly adulating. I assume you aren't a Nefesch employee? Seriously, I can't remember the last time that I read an effect that excited me so much that "I couldn't sleep and spent all night thinking of some ways where to apply" it.

Well I'm not a "Nefesch" employee just so you know and I didn't have any obligation about making my review good or bad.
I don't know how you go about creating your routines and effects but when I see an unusual principle applied I start daydreaming and trying out variations, picking up old or unrelated routines to see what comes up. In my case, one of the needed "materials" for the sucess of this rotine is something which had never ocurred me to use and it gave me lots of ideas, plus the principle used allowed me to apply to to other scenarios. I hope you understand now what I mean. I rarely apply the principles read verbatim from the instructions.

Quote:
I think it goes really well with most audiences today, mainly for college/enterprise circuits
Really? Which college and enterprse circuits have you tried this out on? What about the Women's Institute circuit? Do you think it will go really well for them? Or do you think the simple women folk might not be able to get their housework obsessed little minds around the idea of a computer?

Well once again I'll assume that you misread what I wrote as the sentence starts by "I think..." so I believed that it was understandable that I was simply suggesting some scenarios where I think it can be well accepted. I don't know why you brought the 'Eomen's institute circuit' and I'll even challenge you to answer this: do you think that a smartphone pad printed in the back of a business card would be a better presentation for a retirement home or for a corporate party?

I don't want to start a rage thread in this topic, in case Davit has any other questions plz pm me.

Best regards,
David
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I think you're missing the picture here, Dave. To be fair, secrets are being bought and sold. You can't unbuy a secret, so any refunds are a full loss to the seller. I've bought a lot of **** that's absolutely worthless, and some stuff that's half worth it, and some really good stuff, as well as some stuff that I won't use again, but still like. However I would never ask for a refund, unless it completely lied and I was unable to do the effect in question to any extent from the given method. So far this has not happened.

You can't have a moneyback guarantee on secrets, otherwise people could just buy them and then ask for a refund saying it wasn't good enough, and still use the method. To a point you can trust the person that your effect really is **** and give them a refund, but if you have plenty of reviews of customers saying that it is a good effect, then it's somewhat hard to believe that it is so bad that the secret is worthless enough to pay the person back all of their money.

Hope you can see how I'm looking at it.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Effect by Nefesch and Harrismatic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL