The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..28..52..76..100..124..125~126~127 [Next]
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hiya Gang!

http://www.vimeo.com/25286364

I've been laid up at home the last few days, so this morning I thought I'd make a quick video to reveal something I've been working on since July 08, 2006:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&1

I finally got the perfect result, made here locally, about a month ago- and I've been trying to perform it at least once a day ever since. It's been absolutely killing! But I knew that it would; I mainly wanted to make sure that my version would be able to stand the trials of daily use. I'm happy to say that's it has, no problem! I'm super happy with it.

That's all for now!

All my best,

jamie
http://www.SendWonder.com
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
Ok...that was pretty amazing. Must have one!

SPM
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Really nice Jamie! Looking forward to seeing you (and this!) in August!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Looks really nice.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
NICE!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Thanks guys! It's taken me forever to get this right! It also looks like I might release a couple dozen before Magic LIVE~ I'm tossing it around...

All my best,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Jamie

This looks awesome. Would love to see you put that deck into one of you anything is possible bottles.

Jeremy
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Jamie,

As you know from the thread you linked to...I have been looking for a good one of these since 2006.

I want one! Please tell me if you release any!

Thanks,

Nick
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I have so many versions of the MP (the original thick block, the thin version, the triple stab, the glass block and everything in between) that this is SOOOOO on my radar now. Looking forward to it Jamie!

-J-
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
edwardsausagefingers
View Profile
Regular user
I thunk, therefore I erm...
177 Posts

Profile of edwardsausagefingers
I trust this product will be well made and stand up to scrutiny but the same cannot be said for the video.
Why spend 4 years perfecting a product, then post a demo which fl***es the gi****k?
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
I don't know how this is done, so I guess Im seeing this from a laymen's POV. I didn't see any flashing of any gimmicks or anything. I guess when you know the secret its obvious.

Jeremy
Nat
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Nat
Jamie,

Industrial Revolution looks terrific! Memorable to watch and remember! Truly amazing demo! If you are taking names to purchase, I want to be first.

Nat

Quote:
On 2011-06-19 20:18, edwardsausagefingers wrote:
I trust this product will be well made and stand up to scrutiny but the same cannot be said for the video.
Why spend 4 years perfecting a product, then post a demo which fl***es the gi****k?
edwardsausagefingers
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Nat - It's great that you find this product memorable to remember(!) - It's called Industrial REVELATION, btw - but what does that have to do with my post which you have quoted? Smile
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I'm sure Jamie won't mind me saying that I have seen a prototype of Industrial Revelation:
It is a solid, examinable chunk of steel.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
What in the world are you talking about. There is no flash of the gimmick.
This looks bulletproof
James

Quote:
On 2011-06-19 20:18, edwardsausagefingers wrote:
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
edwardsausagefingers
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

In respect of a PM from Mr Grant I will no longer discuss this in the open forum.
Sorry Jamie, only just spotted it!
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
There definitely IS a flash of the gimmick - if you know what you're looking for. I love the effect, and the way it works, I would just hope that a new gimmick wouldn't be as noticeable.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
That is very cool. I didn't see anything but I will definitely be buying this at magic live
P3
practice practice perform.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Why would someone asterisk out the words flash and gimmick? Seriously?!?
edwardsausagefingers
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Hi truthteller - I had previously posted a comment in this thread which was removed.
Since I was not given a reason for its removal I assumed it was because I had said something which tipped the method, so I rephrased my comment.
You are quite right to find the asterisks ridiculous. I'm new here and the rules about what can and cannot be said are frankly unclear. I have seen "c*p in bottle", "th**b t*p" etc. which I too, find laughable.
I also want to clarify that I was referring to the quality of the demo video, not the product itself (which actually looks great from the top).
I hope I haven't upset anyone by pointing out something that seemed glaringly obvious to me.
On a more positive note I like your little beard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..28..52..76..100..124..125~126~127 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL