The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..21..39..57..75..90~91~92~93~94..99..103..107..111..115..116~117~118 [Next]
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Jamie,

Would you care to post a picture of your IR?
mndude
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-03-07 04:39, Killertweety wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-03-03 10:16, Failed Magician wrote:
What different would it be when choosing between olive oil, cooking oil or lubricant liquid?

Cooking oil like arachid or olive oil has a lot of impurities in them that can react with the steel. A mineral oil like clear (colorless/transparent), thin parrafine oil (easily available) will not do that.

There are some benefits in having it nearly impossible to reset. Keeps it all the tougher to figure out.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
I agree- mine is probably only resettable by myself, lol. That said, I can still do in seconds. By the time my back has turned on a group (if I'm working) I'll have it back in the box and ready to go. Hurrah!

As for a pic, I don't see why not!

This is still one of my first and I love it. When I place it in someone's hand- they just think it's a big 'ol chunk a steel. How can there be anything to suspect about it? I mean, look at it, lol. That's a solid chunk of steel right there. They generally give it one full rotation, an up and down motion to feel the weight (why do we all do that little bob, I wonder), and then hand it back as I give them the box.

I think this is part of the reason why I'm so proud of Industrial Revelation- I actually use it myself almost every day. If anyone ever has any questions or concerns- I can truly answer all of them and love to do so.

My best,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I ordered my IR several weeks ago and per Jamie should be here any day now. WooHoo! Liked it so much (even though I haven't received it yet) I just placed my order for another one (back-up).

What a great guy Jamie is. He's been nothing but a really great guy to deal with. He even tried to talk me out of purchasing my 2nd IR until I received my first one. He wanted to make sure I liked it first.

I asked him to post a picture of the one keeps making mention of (beat-up rusted one) here at the Café. And within minutes of being asked, he posted the picture.

Have nothing been great things to say about Jamie and his customer service. My vote for being the best there is!!!
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I have to second that. He is very friendly and has nothing but amazing customer service. He knows we're gonna love our IR so he will give some opinions about it.

Thanks for sharing your IR picture, Jamie. It does look just an old chunk of metal. So I guess we all don't have to worry if ours start to show some little worn out marks, do we? What are those smudges on your IR? Are they brown in color or it's from reflecting the lights?

How do you make it hard to reset but you can reset it quick? Mine is great but I need some private time to reset, especially to make sure that the adjustment is good enough to allow us to push the coin.

Btw, nonvpro, where do you live?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Mine is hard to reset, also, but I can do it fairly easily. How do you make it hard? Well, just adjust the special "gears" in the "battery compartment". And why is it so easy for me? Well, experience. When I first got it, it was very difficult. I made it easier to do, but then it was TOO easy. Once I got the hang of it, I made it VERY hard to do. Once you get the knack, it's not hard at all. It's just a matter of hand position and the proper motion. I also use a silicone cloth on the gears to help keep them free and easy. I showed this to 5 or 6 of my buddies in my IBM Ring a few weeks ago, including how it worked. PLEASE don't chew me out- these guys are all experienced magicians that I have known for 6 years. They are my buddies, and they all have taught me a lot in the time that I have known them- I was a rookie back then! Even after I showed them the secret, NOT ONE OF THEM COULD OPERATE IT! And they all tried multiple times! One of them has arms that are as big around as my legs are (you know Jamie's poster- something like that!)- he was VERY frustrated! I was very overjoyed at their frustration! And I also showed them at least 25 or 30 times how to do it. By the 30th time in 10 minutes, I couldn't do it anymore myself- my hands were sore! I needed to put it down for a while. It's a beautiful thing!!!!!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2460 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I hope to buy one this spring. After the rainy season:) I always loved the matchboxes, but this takes the cake. Soon I will have my own Smile
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Oh, and 2 of the guys that I showed it to said they were going to buy IR themselves, so it's not like I showed it to knuckleheads that are going to spoil it for everyone! But now I'll have two more performers of IR in my area, darn it! I don't really want that! But I didn't show it to them just to show off- I guess that I expected it.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Yup, I didn't set mine but it is a little hard to operate now so it's good. In case some audience thinks in the same direction lol.

And you're right, after playing with it for a while, a deck of playing cards feels like nothing to my hand now. My hands were sore at the third day after I got it.
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
At last it's here ! Been waiting a long while for this and as expected, it's a beautiful thing.

After a bit of a delivery wait, during which Jamie always replied to my contacts at lightening speed, I finally have an IR that I've been coveting since sometime last year.

My advice to anyone thinking "should I or shouldn't I" about this effect is to go for it, stretch your normal single trick buying budget if you need to and you absolutely won't regret it - a piece of astonishment that feels 100% clean to hand out is worth its weight in..., well steel I suppose!

Thanks Jamie - I'll start saving for The Vault !
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
For what it's worth...

JDG and I were chatting the other day when he plonked this grimy old rusting piece of steel into my hands.

I gotta say... it looked really good, and I admit I preferred it to the pretty shiny new look.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Who has the most rusty one here? Let us see it then Smile
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Happy birthday Jamie. He must be real busy with all the orders for AIP and IR, now his birthday. Have a blast celebration!
viler
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
183 Posts

Profile of viler
How about this one...

Click here to view attached image.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-15 16:02, viler wrote:
How about this one...

LOL! There's no way is that's an IR, is it?! If it is, that's awesome!!! I wish mine was like that just for the cool factor!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
viler
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
183 Posts

Profile of viler
LOL
Guess I can't fool you Jamie. You're right. This is not one of your "babies".
This lump of steel is older than me.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2552 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
What's the reset time and any chance of damage from accidental dropping
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Here's mine- this is the rustier side- the other side isn't as bad (or is it "as good"?).

Click here to view/download attached file.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Hey, how did you do that? The top half of it is made of gold! *grins*

I'm trying to get a real close snapshot of mine. We'll see if it is any good.

If you have your block a little rusty, show it here.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-15 17:50, Steven Conner wrote:
What's the reset time and any chance of damage from accidental dropping

I've dropped mine a lot, lol! In the "reveal" position- no problems! In the "set" position, it could go bad. On that note- I'm not sure how many pics we want to put up here- lest someone accidentally exposes without meaning to.

Quote:
On 2012-03-15 17:41, viler wrote:
LOL
Guess I can't fool you Jamie. You're right. This is not one of your "babies".
This lump of steel is older than me.

So fuuny! I wish that was one- that would have been epic, lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..21..39..57..75..90~91~92~93~94..99..103..107..111..115..116~117~118 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL