We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..25..47..69..91..111~112~113~114~115~116~117~118 [Next]
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Is it fair to say that this effect is self-working?

I really like that I can perform this effect and not have to worry about doing sleight of hand or worry about a spectator catching me doing something.

I feel like there aren't many effects that are this strong, and also this easy to do. For me, it's the perfect effect:

1. can be done surrounded.
2. can be done for 1 person or 10 people.
3. everything is examinable.
4. you never have to worry about messing up.
5. it's not really a card trick or a coin trick.
6. reset is pretty quick
7. strong enough to use as a closer

If only I had another 8 more tricks that all had those same features... then I'd have those 3 sets of 3 no problem.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1816 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Turbo stick ticks all the criterias you listed Smile
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Hmmm.

If you perform Industrial Revelation after executing a switch, then I think for impact it will beat most things hands down, including paddle tricks...
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Love turbo stick
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Then this is the thread for you to discuss it.
MagicMehl
View Profile
New user
New York
1 Post

Profile of MagicMehl
I purchased this trick about a month ago and I am in love with it!
I am still working out the best presentation that fits my style (tons of great ideas from these 75 pages), but the reactions I get range from complete stunned silence to accusing me of black magic!!! There has not been one person who didn't like this trick. Everyone always wants me to do it again they are in so much shock. This is such a fooler and I've had many people inspect it all they want, but nobody figured out the secret!
I highly recommend this trick because it's awesome and it will pay for itself. Someone hired me after seeing this trick because he was so amazed.
This is completely worth carrying the extra weight.
This also came packaged beautifully and Jamie has been really nice and awesome!
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1152 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2014, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
Thanks, gang! You guys always make my day! I wonder if I printed off these 74 pages of comments, how big a book it would be?!

As of today, a printout (in "printable version" format) would take 375 pages.
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
I must add to the 75 pages of posts here. I received mine in the mail today, and I've got to say this is simply ingenious. Jamie, you've created a gem!

And thanks for the quick replies to the few e-mails I've sent between making the order and receiving the shipment.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1261 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I didn't go through all 75 pages but mine got a little wet and now the gimmick is permanently unable to be in starting position (if you know what I mean), which is a drag since it's one of my fav's too.

I've tried tools (vice, pliers, lubricating, etc) and have had no luck .. any suggestions?
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Heya!

I figure the creator is probably the best person to answer, lol. And any of you can always email me - it's my job, after all!

What you can do is wrap it in a cloth (so you don't scratch it) and put it in a vice. Then give it a light knock or two with a rubber mallet. That should do the trick.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email for a quicker answer- I just happened to be on here and saw your post!

Your pal,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
magicnorm
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Hey Jamie, got to know you first thru web videos and met you at Magic Live. You rock. I bought IR and I can tell you that the reactions are fantastic. I have never had anyone come close to the method and I leave the block out for their examination. I was very hesitant to do that. But the results are in and I worry no more, this is absolutely an awesome effect in its size weight and girth which to me is what makes it even more impressive from the spectators view. Thanks for a great item and look forward to seeing you at the next Live. Chow

Norm M
micwize
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of micwize
Many thanks Jamie, would recommend IR.
Phoenicis
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Phoenicis
Looks great Jamie, sorry it took me until the 76th page to finally order one! Mine's the Cumbria address Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is this available worldwide or just from Jamie direct??
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
711 Posts

Profile of dman11
I believe you can only get them from Jamie's Website : http://www.sendwonder.com/collections/al......velation
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
I had an issue with mine locking properly that I could never fix so unfortunately it no longer gets used
Phoenicis
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Phoenicis
I received mine yesterday and have to say it really is a thing of beauty. Excellent craftsmanship and devilish design. The packaging itself is a work of art - I particularly liked the coin in the wax seal, a great idea. As Jamie mentions in his tips, there was an audible "click" to begin with but this disappeared within 10 minutes of operation.

In my performance I finish by saying "of course if the box was empty it would weigh very little". I ask the spectator to hold out a hand and I place the box on their upturned palm *while I still have hold of it to take the weight off so it appears light*. Then I looking into their eyes and ask them to imagine what the box should feel like with cards in it. "Do you notice it getting heavier?" I slowly release the weight and say "how heavy does it feel?" (VERY they say - I was asked "are you pushing it down??"). I release the box and let them feel the full weight. This is a great moment to enjoy as the realise there's something else in the box. I get them to open it themselves and take out the block. The reactions today have been great.

Fantastic job Jamie.
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Absolutely amazing piece of kit. Love it
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This is a beautiful piece of magic when it is first purchased. However, after a few years or use, it no longer works properly. Unfortunately, mine too got relegated to the back drawer.

KJ
Jupiter47
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Jupiter47
Hearing everyone rave I thought I was the only one who stopped using this!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..25..47..69..91..111~112~113~114~115~116~117~118 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL