The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..25..47..69..91..113~114~115~116~117..125~126~127 [Next]
SWiCh
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of SWiCh
Thanks Videoman - I have Cold Case, but wasn't sure of the mechanics of IR! The noise of metal may also be a giveaway...

Agree that it looks like a very strong effect, just wasn't sure how I could fit it in with anything else (if needed!).

Thanks
Stu
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I finally found my match box sized version of this. I can't believe it was in the drawer. I started using it again to some very nice reactions. I can imagine how a bigger version would go over. Very nice indeed.

Good magic to all,

Eric
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I agree I took my matchbox penetration out after reading this thread ! I will be getting this in the near future for sure.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Just received today.....a bit stiff to start but coming around. Looks great.....
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2016, aligator wrote:
Just received today.....a bit stiff to start but coming around. Looks great.....

I cannot even count the number of times I have used mine. I now use it to break a spec's concentration (as part of a bigger routine). One of the best investments I ever made.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Mine is now so flexible that the problem is to always keep it open before the penetration as even the slightest touch ion the sides can cause it to close. Anyone else experience this? Solution?
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
360 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
Tighten it.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Very easy to spread the posts just a hair to tighten. Should never be worked too loose.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Never leave home for a show without it.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I've mine for ages , and it's constantly brining me money . One of the most useful gimmicks I bought , it seems to last forever . It's having rust all over but made it look more authentic .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
I'm not quite sure how but after about a week or two in my close up case mine got a little rusty. Does anyone have any advice on how best to clean it and prevent it from happening in the future? Thanks

Best
Joe
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Oil and rub off the rust . But I doubt applying anything can make prevent it from rusting forever . In face I think a little rust looks nice ~
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
Mine is 3 yrs+ and going strong. When I first got it I didn't want it to rust as it looked so shiny, however now it is aged it looks great in a different way.
solidoak
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of solidoak
I agree, a little rust looks great.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Let it rust......not important...

Had mine for years....even used it on TV. Smile
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
I have to say, after hearing about this effect and reading all these comments, and the support that Jamie provides even here, made it an easy decision... Just purchased it and can't wait to start using it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Mine is a year old and looks brand new. Haven't done anything to it because I don't mind if it rusts some but so far it hasn't.
Great little effect though. Only drawback for me is the weight but I still love it.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, videoman wrote:
Mine is a year old and looks brand new. Haven't done anything to it because I don't mind if it rusts some but so far it hasn't.
Great little effect though. Only drawback for me is the weight but I still love it.

Agree about the weight.But none the less a piece of superb craftsmanship from Jamie and still have mine I purchased from Jamie in 2012 and still going strong.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
HI,

Has Jamie started selling these again? His website says production is closed for a while...
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Mobius
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mobius
From what I can tell from Jamie's website he is simply doing a bit of maintenance. On all his product pages he states that "production is closed for the holidays". Probably needs the break. IR will no doubt be available again very soon. At least I hope it will!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..25..47..69..91..113~114~115~116~117..125~126~127 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL