The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..26..49..72..95..115~116~117~118 [Next]
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
832 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Got this several years ago from Jamie D Grant...Excellent craftsmanship and engineering at it's very best, I paid then I think £80 approx $110 at todays rate.

Worth every penny.

Graham.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I wouldn't sell mine for $300.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2018, jaizon wrote:
I wouldn't sell mine for $300.


I wouldn't either.
Todd
Doc Willie
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Doc Willie
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2018, bowers wrote:
I use steel wool and then rub the block with oil
and wipe off thoughly.

What grade of steel wool?
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Would sell mine for 300$ with pleasure))) It's just a puzzle lol
And one spectator out of ten get how it works of course since it's the only one solution for this puzzle.
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2018, jaizon wrote:
It is and was a staple of my table hopping for a long time. Best of luck. You never know.


Thanks I will keep an eye out for it for sure.

Quote:
On Mar 4, 2018, Nikita wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2018, BifKahuna wrote:
Wish I got back into magic much much sooner. I am so late to the show on this one. Anywhere to buy this now?
Thanks


It's sold out on website but the price listed is 200$ - personally it's not worth it at all) 100$ or less is ok


Thanks for the advice $100 sounds about right to me maybe I can find it one day Smile
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2018, Nikita wrote:
Would sell mine for 300$ with pleasure))) It's just a puzzle lol
And one spectator out of ten get how it works of course since it's the only one solution for this puzzle.


I've performed it over 200 times and not one person figured it out. Maybe there is something in your presentation if you think of this as "a puzzle"? I don't know.
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
430 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
I'm sue this has been mentioned in this thread...

One of the better routines I've seen...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu2zTdhsAA4&feature=youtu.be


~allen
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of mayhem
I think you are still able to get it in the future. Jamie D. Grant has mentioned before that he was in the process of moving and redoing his website and a busy schedule. He makes them by hand, so I'm sure it take time as well. I'd recommend you reach out to him on when orders will be open again. He seems like a great and honest person, and stands behind his products. I absolutely love this product.

I'm a hobbyist and this is one product I would have paid a lot more than I did. It's worth every cent. I don't understand how it can be seen as a puzzle unless presentation makes it one. I have absolutely no hesitation to hand the block out to the spectators to hold. No worries they will figure it out when I've handed to them for examination. Just my thoughts.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2598 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2018, Magic from A to Z wrote:
I'm sue this has been mentioned in this thread...

One of the better routines I've seen...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu2zTdhsAA4&feature=youtu.be


~allen



Great routine but I think it is a lot better when you dump it in there hands so they can feel the weight as well.
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, mayhem wrote:
I think you are still able to get it in the future. Jamie D. Grant has mentioned before that he was in the process of moving and redoing his website and a busy schedule. He makes them by hand, so I'm sure it take time as well. I'd recommend you reach out to him on when orders will be open again. He seems like a great and honest person, and stands behind his products. I absolutely love this product.

I'm a hobbyist and this is one product I would have paid a lot more than I did. It's worth every cent. I don't understand how it can be seen as a puzzle unless presentation makes it one. I have absolutely no hesitation to hand the block out to the spectators to hold. No worries they will figure it out when I've handed to them for examination. Just my thoughts.


Thamnks for the advice I have done just that after reading your post. thanks Again
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
208 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
Here is a presentation I came up with for this trick.

“Puzzles are not magic. They are interesting, and fun, but they are not magic. But I had an idea on how to combine a puzzle with magic. Have any of you heard of Rebus puzzles? They are puzzles where a word, or letters, or numbers are written in a unique way and the solution is a well known phrase. Let me give you a “for instance”.”

Write “STA4NCE” on a whiteboard. Hehe, get it?

I could tell you the answer to the next one, but I’d have to kill you.

Now write:
—>Secret
Secret
Secret
What do you guys think? That’s right! Top Secret.

Great job. We’ll try one more.

C C C
O O O
U U U
N N N
T T T

(Circle the last COUNT)

The audience should get this, but if they don’t you can start whistling “The Final Countdown”.

Now that you’re warmed up. I’ll act out the puzzle part of this trick and let’s see if you can get it.

Insert a knife into Industrial Revelation and make a cutting action.

The audience should respond with “cut the deck” or “cut the cards”

Good job! That’s the puzzle. Proceed with Industrial Revelation revelation. That’s the magic!

Note: I wouldn’t do this for a single spectator in front of an audience. It could be embarrassing for the person if they don’t get the right answer.

Well that’s it. I hope you like it! Thanks for the trick, Jamie. I love it!

Jake
President S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2018, carolinahusker wrote:
Here is a presentation I came up with for this trick.

“Puzzles are not magic. They are interesting, and fun, but they are not magic. But I had an idea on how to combine a puzzle with magic. Have any of you heard of Rebus puzzles? They are puzzles where a word, or letters, or numbers are written in a unique way and the solution is a well known phrase. Let me give you a “for instance”.”

Write “STA4NCE” on a whiteboard. Hehe, get it?

I could tell you the answer to the next one, but I’d have to kill you.

Now write:
—>Secret
Secret
Secret
What do you guys think? That’s right! Top Secret.

Great job. We’ll try one more.

C C C
O O O
U U U
N N N
T T T

(Circle the last COUNT)

The audience should get this, but if they don’t you can start whistling “The Final Countdown”.

Now that you’re warmed up. I’ll act out the puzzle part of this trick and let’s see if you can get it.

Insert a knife into Industrial Revelation and make a cutting action.

The audience should respond with “cut the deck” or “cut the cards”

Good job! That’s the puzzle. Proceed with Industrial Revelation revelation. That’s the magic!

Note: I wouldn’t do this for a single spectator in front of an audience. It could be embarrassing for the person if they don’t get the right answer.

Well that’s it. I hope you like it! Thanks for the trick, Jamie. I love it!

Jake


I like this 😀thanks
How
View Profile
New user
Texas
85 Posts

Profile of How
Only issue I saw was it rusts. Yes, makes it look more industrial but if it gets in wrong spots you have usability issues.
How
View Profile
New user
Texas
85 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2018, Nikita wrote:
Would sell mine for 300$ with pleasure))) It's just a puzzle lol
And one spectator out of ten get how it works of course since it's the only one solution for this puzzle.


How is the condition? Rust?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
I wouldn't sell mine either. Have worked out a presentation involving the sword and the stone, using plastic cocktail sword. Goes over very well. Spec keeps sword as souvenir.
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2018, How wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2018, Nikita wrote:
Would sell mine for 300$ with pleasure))) It's just a puzzle lol
And one spectator out of ten get how it works of course since it's the only one solution for this puzzle.


How is the condition? Rust?


Oh, you should leave me a PM. It's clean, no rust.
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, aligator wrote:
I wouldn't sell mine either. Have worked out a presentation involving the sword and the stone, using plastic cocktail sword. Goes over very well. Spec keeps sword as souvenir.


lol
you could just see the original sell page to get this idea)
https://www.sendwonder.com/products/industrial-revelation
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
Never seen that presentation mentioned exactly that way....the cocktail sword yes.....the story of King Arhtur and the Sword and the Stone...no. It can be done in a mentalism performance at the beginning as a silent disclaimer.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2048 Posts

Profile of aligator
And yes, it is safe to place it in the hands of a spectator.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..26..49..72..95..115~116~117~118 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL