The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..26..49..72..95..116~117~118
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Resurrecting an old thread from the dead. I just purchased IR from an esteemed member of the Café. I received everything that came with IR originally; however, it needs an adjustment Can you someone PM or send email me any instructions on how to adjust IR?
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
I sent you a wee message
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2664 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Weird, pretty sure directions mention how to adjust it.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 15, 2020, Daisydog wrote:
I sent you a wee message

Thanks again Daisy dog for your help. I was able to make the adjustments easily. Thanks for being the definition of "Magicians Helping Magicians."

Sean
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 15, 2020, the Sponge wrote:
Weird, pretty sure directions mention how to adjust it.

The directions mentioned that Jamie Grant has sent three emails about IR, which I am sure covered how to adjust. The person I bought it from didn't have these instructions. The original, written instructions showed how to open and perform with IR. I thought it was strange as well that there were no directions included on how to adjust it.

With that said, I love it, sanded it to remove any small bits of rust, rubbed some oil in the unit to prevent rust, added a few scratches to cover up one seam on one of the short sides, and tested it out on the wife and kids. It passed a tough test since my wife has a sharp eye and quickly tells me what she enjoys (will use professionally) and doesn't enjoy (go back to the drawing board). Now, it handles like a joy, looks like it spare metal that came from a metal shop instead of a jewelry shop, and is just fun to perform.
Russ182
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Russ182
I am dusting off (literally) some stuff waiting for real life performances to start . Mine is looking a bit tarnished , which I quite like . Whats your preference for this prop nice and sparkling or dam right down and dirty
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2021, Russ182 wrote:
I am dusting off (literally) some stuff waiting for real life performances to start . Mine is looking a bit tarnished , which I quite like . Whats your preference for this prop nice and sparkling or dam right down and dirty

I heard the rumor was your preference to sell it to me. Smile
DocT25
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of DocT25
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2020, The Mysterious One wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2020, Daisydog wrote:
I sent you a wee message

Thanks again Daisy dog for your help. I was able to make the adjustments easily. Thanks for being the definition of "Magicians Helping Magicians."

Sean

Hi - I also bought one of these used a while back and have been looking for info on how to adjust. This doesn't seem to be in the original instructions. If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it!
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
406 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Hansen Chien sells a version of this trick called Holy Wood. It’s solid block of wood instead of a steel block. He has a nice presentation where he says he is turning the cards back to their original form. Then it turns to a block of wood.

https://www.hanson-chien.com/products/holy-wood
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Do the grain lines in the wood lessen the illusion? I don't have Jamie's version, but the steel block seems more formidable.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9173 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2021, Calvin826 wrote:
Do the grain lines in the wood lessen the illusion? I don't have Jamie's version, but the steel block seems more formidable.

Your answers here in new thread for this new product.

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..26..49..72..95..116~117~118
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL