We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..46..64..82..100..116~117~118 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Here here, did this 3-4 times tonight, they never knew what hit em!

Decomp
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-08-04 01:56, Decomposed wrote:
Here here, did this 3-4 times tonight, they never knew what hit em!

Decomp

So, you finally took out IR for the evening. Dancing to heavy metal!
Glad to hear it worked out well. You seemed somewhat concerned about the weight issue. Did you place it in a shoulder holster, or a hip holster? Keep your pants up boys! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I put it in my back pocket. If it was not heavy though, it would not be as good Gaffed. Im just breaking it in now impromptu, for paid gigs, I will come up with something better. I may dig out a pistol holster of sorts and use that. An ankle holster would be great though also.

PS: With QB2, this will be a great followup, a 1-2 killer punch with proper routining and pacing. Bring your own quarter these days. I think having any change at a corporate gig is not classy (client wise).

Decomposing slowly
(Still Stinking)
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay, for those who carry, I think I may have the solution I have been seeking. I found one of my old SOFT leather holsters I use to wear in plain clothes. Its more of a high rise but the card deck slides in and leans a little to the front. I need to jump around a bit and see how it holds but the primary thing is it will not mess up my designer belts I wear for corporate. Plus, I always wear a jacket. This serves a great purpose so as not to alarm anyone I may have a new type bicycle pistola of sorts. Testing to begin asap.

Decomp
102 deg and climbing
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Here is the photo of my holster with Industrial Revolution installed:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/Candini1/HOLSTER.jpg

Makes a pretty good quick draw and I am pretty dang fast. Also, with my Armani jacket, I can easily reach in and do a deck switch. Pocket space these days are pretty much at a minimum.

PS: Comments from the fam and especially from my teen (you look like a clown) not relative since a suit coat will be worn.

PSS: Usually I carry and stash a close up bag so the holster is only an additional option. The holster allows table to table convienience however. With something this good, I may not want to be without it, time will tell all, time will tell.
Hopefully Jaime will be working on an anvil next, that may be more of a space issue however. Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10646 Posts

Profile of saysold1
"Is that a pack of cards in your holster, or are you just happy to see me?"

:)
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Holy crap.....I was only joking about the holster!

"Have Deck, Will Travel" Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Gotta carry it somewheres....I tried it in suit coat and I thought the liner was going to burst.
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Thanks, Decomposed!

Great idea to use a holster. Believe me this baby is hefty. I think I might try picking up a belt holster or even better an ankle holster on that big auction site.

Also, I have the spectator remove the block from the case for maximum impact and am very careful they don't drop it on their toe.

MagicRay
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I hate to say it but I think at the end of the day the weight of this prop will limit its long term utility
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
I was thinking a Sherpa might be a good idea.

a man who had no feet.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4358 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It's up to you as a performer to figure how to carry it around and manage space for it.

The holster idea is actually pretty fantastic.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
It's up to you as a performer to decide if it is worth making space for.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
I've had mine in my front jeans's pocket for months now, with no no problems. That said, I do officially have a complex, ever since this thread started, that I'm wearing my pants too tight, lol!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Me thinks it is well worth the effort. Not only is it beautifully constructed, a novel effect never before seen in this format (who uses match boxes anymore?), and has the surprize impact of the sponge balls.

a man who had no feet.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
No question a beautiful piece of magic.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
724 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Decomp, have you tried handcuff holsters?

Would any of those fit? My dad is a retired police officer - but I won't be around his old stuff any time soon to experiment on my own.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Quote:
On 2011-08-04 23:57, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
I've had mine in my front jeans's pocket for months now, with no no problems. That said, I do officially have a complex, ever since this thread started, that I'm wearing my pants too tight, lol!

That's my fault Jamie!! Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10646 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Here is a video demo from a casual performance yesterday at The Grove here in Los Angeles.

My 12 year old was holding the camera and did a great job - this is the first video demo I've ever posted so please be kind Smile

Bottom line is that this (hopefully) really captures the magical moment and why Industrial Revelation is such a killer effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYOq0XWR25M
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Look out Ellusionist! Brett is now doing "Check it out" videos!

Great job, Brett! I really enjoyed it. We have all shared so many ideas, and as more magicians get their hands on this, the presentation ideas will grow!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..46..64..82..100..116~117~118 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL