We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..17..31..45..59..69~70~71~72~73..82..90..98..106..114..116~117~118 [Next]
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Man, I have to give one heck of a shout out to Jamie D. Grant and his Industrial Revolution. This is one SOLID and I mean SOLID effect... pun intended hahahah. Way to go Jamie... this bad boy is going in to my sidewalk show. LOVE IT!!! Worth every penny. Heck I may order a second one!!!
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I got Marcus Eddie's "Empty" yesterday (Still waiting for "Industrial Revelation"!), and trust me, you will NOT be combining these two effects! First off, the "Empty" box cannot be examined, and you cannot push a coin or anything else through it right in front of your spectators as shown in any of the performance videos. They will see something very funny! And I don't mean "Ha Ha" funny! Secondly, you will be destroying the "Empty" gimmick so that it cannot be used for anything else. But, really, the first reason is the most important!

And in response to Rowlands comments about my experience with Joshua Jay's "Pro Carrier" (I don't know how to make his comments appear down here, but it is less than a dozen comments above this one!); well, I was at my "Real Job" and moving through a tight space between machinery and it got caught. Didn't have time to stop my movements! Also, my wife does say that I am like a "Bull in a China Shop!", and for once I can't disagree with her. Also, to be fair, I was carrying it on the side of my belt; because of that I now carry my pouches above my back pockets to try to prevent this. And just to let you know, I do feel that the single belt loop on the "Assassin's Pouch" is kind of flimsy and I am very wary of it, but so far no problems. I do usually carry a "Get Sharky" deck in one of the two pouches that I carry, and I would sure flip out if I lost that deck!
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-11-13 14:10, BatsMagic wrote:
(I don't know how to make his comments appear down here, but it is less than a dozen comments above this one!)

Just click on "quote" (of the person you wish to quote), and then make your response after the [/quote].
Also, you can easily highlight there area that you don't wish to include and then hit DELETE. Simple! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2011-11-14 00:00, gaffed wrote:
Quote:
(I don't know how to make his comments appear down here, but it is less than a dozen comments above this one!)

Just click on "quote" (of the person you wish to quote), and then make your response after the
Also, you can easily highlight there area that you don't wish to include and then hit DELETE. Simple! Smile
[/quote]

Thanks a lot, Gaffed! Didn't even notice that up there!
snowman
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of snowman
Whew, almost got caught doing this trick a few days ago. After the trick was over, I gave the block to the spectator to examine and he manipulated the block in such a way that the gimmick was exposed (those who have IR will know what the spectator did to expose the gimmick). As soon as I saw the gimmick exposed, I quickly took the IR back and secretly reset the gimmick right in front of his eyes as if nothing had been exposed. And you know what, he didn't notice the exposed gimmick!! Why? Because I have the gimmick set so it is very hard to expose it (those who have IR will know what I mean) so when the spectator manipulated the IR and it exposed the gimmick, the spectator didn't see that he exposed gimmick. Why? Because the gimmick was set to be very hard to expose so the spectator didn't feel anything as he exposed it, and secondly, he didn't see it exposed because he kept moving the IR up and down, left and right, over and over, etc. as he was, unbeknownst to him, exposing the gimmick. Since I know what to look for, as soon as I saw the gimmick exposed, I quickly took back the IR and reset the gimmick without the spectator noticing it! Whew! If you understood everything I just wrote, you are a better man than I am! It's so tuff explaining things on this site because you are so restricted in what you write so you don't expose how the trick works, etc.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Don't forget everyone- tomorrow's the last day of the contest!!! Get those pictures or videos in!

Good luck~ jamie
http://www.SendWonder.com
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
I got Marcus Eddie's "Empty" yesterday (Still waiting for "Industrial Revelation"!), and trust me, you will NOT be combining these two effects! First off, the "Empty" box cannot be examined, and you cannot push a coin or anything else through it right in front of your spectators as shown in any of the performance videos. They will see something very funny! And I don't mean "Ha Ha" funny! Secondly, you will be destroying the "Empty" gimmick so that it cannot be used for anything else. But, really, the first reason is the most important!

And in response to Rowlands comments about my experience with Joshua Jay's "Pro Carrier" (I don't know how to make his comments appear down here, but it is less than a dozen comments above this one!); well, I was at my "Real Job" and moving through a tight space between machinery and it got caught. Didn't have time to stop my movements! Also, my wife does say that I am like a "Bull in a China Shop!", and for once I can't disagree with her. Also, to be fair, I was carrying it on the side of my belt; because of that I now carry my pouches above my back pockets to try to prevent this. And just to let you know, I do feel that the single belt loop on the "Assassin's Pouch" is kind of flimsy and I am very wary of it, but so far no problems. I do usually carry a "Get Sharky" deck in one of the two pouches that I carry, and I would sure flip out if I lost that deck!

Sounds like you were unlucky, if the pro carrier is fairly new I would try to get a replacement, just had a good pull at mine and they sem fine but I know what you mean about not wanting to loose stuff.
rowland
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10643 Posts

Profile of saysold1
My Pro Carrier has been durable and rock solid.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jan Walla
View Profile
Loyal user
Before you disappear I surround you with
255 Posts

Profile of Jan Walla
This, Gentlemen, is a very well conceived and stunning piece of Illusion.

This effect shows and tells the essence of magic.

If there would be an Oscar for magic effects I would nominate Industrial Revelation for it.

My two cents.
Magic, in essence, is the ability of conjuring spirits who help the magician accomplish astonishing feats.
<BR>-Be glad that I am not a Sorcerer... Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10643 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Alright - one more video presentation to enter into Jamie's big contest!!!

My youngest daughter and aspiring magician Tira...who goes to all of our local SAM meetings... wanted to throw her own "magic hat" into the IR ring Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzp2e9o1jDc

Click here to view attached image.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
244 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Hi Guys,
As with most of you, I've performed this probably 100+ times, always with guaranteed results.

Just thought I'd share something that I've been doing for the last couple of weeks, just to keep the IR in good condition;
Every day or so, I rub over both sides of the block with a dry Brillo pad. Not only does this keep it pretty cleanish (without going shiny), but also gives it a really nice silky feel.
That way, even if someone is familiar with a gimmick like this, their fingers merely slip over the block, without it being oily.

Hope this little bit of info helps people out
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2011-11-15 00:18, saysold1 wrote:

My youngest daughter and aspiring magician Tira...who goes to all of our local SAM meetings... wanted to throw her own "magic hat" into the IR ring Smile

How cool is that! Good job, Tira! I'll see you at a magic meeting soon.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:

Very nice presentation, Tira. I like the idea of messing around in the classroom.....just the kind of thing kids do. And pushing the scissors through is also good. Thinking back to my schooldays - when I would always be playing card tricks at the back of the class - your presentation gave me a further idea: how about your music teacher saw you fooling around with a deck of cards, and told you that playing cards are not allowed in school! Teacher holds her hand out and demands you hand over the cards. You tell her that you get bored listening to classical music in her class.....(open the box, ready to dump out the IR). No, you prefer....HEAVY METAL! (As you say this, you dump the block onto the table/into someone's hand, etc.)
Potty Smile
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:

Great little video there Brett. So you finally got your daughter "off the sticks" as Craig and Dave say on the WPR and put her in front of the camera. If she keeps up like that she is soon going to be kicking your butt in magic! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

This is exciting!! The contest closes tonight!

I'll be firing up the Random Number Generator in the morning to see who the winner is (this is the same method I use for selecting a winner at the end of every month for my Twitter followers). So let's say I post the announcement at High Noon tomorrow? See you back here!

Good luck!

~jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
boboswitch
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of boboswitch
Thinking outside the box ... or through it

mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1157 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:

This is an EXCELLENT idea! I need to go back to school so I can use this!! Smile
Reallyl, I love the idea and that is the best version that I have seen. Why? It is pretty realistic and def. something kids would do! I can see one of my kids doing somethign like this. Great, realistic story line.

Thanks for sharing and I hope Tira keeps at it. She is a natural.

Mike
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3222 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
...but where is mine?...still waiting....
:(
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2415 Posts

The contest has ended and the winner is...

Lol. Okay, I really hope all of you trust me to be a trusting, honest, and truthful friend, because if you don't- you're surely going to accuse me of fixing this contest. The winner is someone who has been such an amazing poster on this thread- advice, wonderful comments, photos, videos, and more. And I guess, to be honest, a little part of me was secretly hoping the Random Generator would pick him (mind control?! Hmmm) to win it, lol.

But, there's a part of me that wanted everyone to win, actually! And that's what's truly amazing about building a community- even if it is online. I mean, here I am, way up here in Vancouver, Canada and I'm giving away some art to people who, for the most part, I've never met and who are from all over the world! Not only that, but to people who I feel have become friends. It's an amazing world we live in. Thank you all for making this year so truly special for me. The fact that I can look at your pictures and videos and see the joy you're bringing your friends and falimies with your IRs and that I, in a small way, helped facilitate absolutely makes my year.

When I asked everyone to "Send Wonder", I had no idea how amazing it would be.

saysold1, please send me your address! I hope you have some space on your wall and a spot on your shelf!

Your pal,

jamie
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2008 Posts

Profile of puggo
Well done Saysold1 / Brett

Well deserved

Charlie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..17..31..45..59..69~70~71~72~73..82..90..98..106..114..116~117~118 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL