We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..19..35..51..67..80~81~82~83~84..91..97..103..109..115..116~117~118 [Next]
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2008 Posts

Profile of puggo
I had two gigs today, both for parties of mixed age group.
I used IR both times, as per usual had someone take it out of the box. As per usual, no inspection issues and great reactions.

Still a great worker (and mine has not gone rusty).

Charlie
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Just got Industrial Revelation. It is a good effect and very well made and will baffle audiences. My only concern is that is quite heavy to carry around all night. Didn't expect it to be that heavy. Wonder if anyone else as had concerns about carrying around in pocket because of the weight.

Chris Wild a.k.a Kris Krendo - Magician
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2008 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2012-01-09 11:09, illusion123 wrote:
Just got Industrial Revelation. It is a good effect and very well made and will baffle audiences. My only concern is that is quite heavy to carry around all night. Didn't expect it to be that heavy. Wonder if anyone else as had concerns about carrying around in pocket because of the weight.

Chris Wild a.k.a Kris Krendo - Magician

If you go through some of the pages, you will see quite a bit about the weight; and how best to carry it! (summarised by 'get a belt pouch' bette still, Josh Jays 'Pro Carrier')
I started leaving it at home for ceertain gigs, but recently decided to make more effort - I had a repeat gig where this was the trick that the booker was asked for..
Its heavy, but worth it!

Cheers

Charlie
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Just bought this right before Christmas from another member here on the Café. It has yet to arrive but I'm hoping it does soon Smile

Goodness I don't think I have ever been so anxious to receive somthing lol.

Still patiently waiting..............

-Bobby Smile
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1966 Posts

Profile of tbaer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYQPjgQj3J8

Here's one of our own Café members performing it.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7035 Posts

Profile of bowers
It kills everywhere I take it.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10643 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-01-09 20:21, tbaer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYQPjgQj3J8

Here's one of our own Café members performing it.


Lion is awesome - great job!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes excellent presentation!

121K views, getting close to record on Latest thread.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
852 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
I was at work yesterday when I had a text of my girlfriend...'It's Arrived!'
When I got home my Industrial Revalation was there waiting for me, I opened the
bubble wrapped package and it felt like Christmas again.
The box and instructions are simply lovely, and when I got my hands on the actual
solid block of steel..Wow! Beautiful! I knew from the reviews it was going to be good,
but its just a work of art. I love it!!! The best item I have brought for years!!
I cannot recommend this highly enough, its something your going to use forever.
I have performed it once last night for Jo and she was flawed! She gave the block a quick
look over then wanted to closely examine the coin & card box ;-)
If your having any doubts about buying this product then cast them aside now...
I would have paid double for this effect!!
Part of me hopes you don't get it...that it can be all mine...myyyyy precious.....

Kudos to Jamie for such an amazing piece of Magic :-D

One more thing, being in the UK I was not expecting this to arrive so soon, just over a
week from ordering, so thanks Jamie.

Carl :-D
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 04:53, darkcard wrote:


One more thing, being in the UK I was not expecting this to arrive so soon, just over a
week from ordering, so thanks Jamie.

Carl :-D


Yeah, I just got mine too; very fast from Canada all the way here to the UK!

I haven't really had much chance to play with it yet, but at first I was really concerned that I could see the "gimmick"; but Jamie has responded (even though he's on his holidays at the moment!) to put my mind at rest.
that's great customer service.

I guess if the effect is presented right then the spec won't notice what (to me) is an obvious working.

boy this thing is heavy an well made eh!?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10643 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 14:29, coosticks wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 04:53, darkcard wrote:


One more thing, being in the UK I was not expecting this to arrive so soon, just over a
week from ordering, so thanks Jamie.

Carl :-D


Yeah, I just got mine too; very fast from Canada all the way here to the UK!

I haven't really had much chance to play with it yet, but at first I was really concerned that I could see the "gimmick"; but Jamie has responded (even though he's on his holidays at the moment!) to put my mind at rest.
that's great customer service.

I guess if the effect is presented right then the spec won't notice what (to me) is an obvious working.

boy this thing is heavy an well made eh!?


It's only obvious if you know how the gimmick works and where to lool.

Maybe a good analogy is a marked deck, where the gimmick is obvious when you know it is there and where precisely to look.

I would say 99% of the time, folks won't see a thing other than a beautiful heavy gleeming piece of steel block and wonder how the h3ll you did that.

There are so many people using Jamie's creation out in the field now - on TV, pubs, gigs, family freinds... and it has passed the acid tests with flying colors I would say.

Don't be nervous about handing this out either for an inspect. I used to try to grab the block instantly out of insecurity but no longer worrry much as specs suspect the box more than the block. Have fun.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 15:23, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 14:29, coosticks wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 04:53, darkcard wrote:


One more thing, being in the UK I was not expecting this to arrive so soon, just over a
week from ordering, so thanks Jamie.

Carl :-D


Yeah, I just got mine too; very fast from Canada all the way here to the UK!

I haven't really had much chance to play with it yet, but at first I was really concerned that I could see the "gimmick"; but Jamie has responded (even though he's on his holidays at the moment!) to put my mind at rest.
that's great customer service.

I guess if the effect is presented right then the spec won't notice what (to me) is an obvious working.

boy this thing is heavy an well made eh!?


It's only obvious if you know how the gimmick works and where to lool.

Maybe a good analogy is a marked deck, where the gimmick is obvious when you know it is there and where precisely to look.

I would say 99% of the time, folks won't see a thing other than a beautiful heavy gleeming piece of steel block and wonder how the h3ll you did that.

There are so many people using Jamie's creation out in the field now - on TV, pubs, gigs, family freinds... and it has passed the acid tests with flying colors I would say.

Don't be nervous about handing this out either for an inspect. I used to try to grab the block instantly out of insecurity but no longer worrry much as specs suspect the box more than the block. Have fun.


Yes... if there's one trick that seems to really be a worker then it's this!

It IS pretty easy to 'set' though... wondering whether to tighten it - a quick tug by a difficult spec will blow it if they were allowed to; I plan to frame the effect as an illusion (like the Copperfield wall of china idea someone mentioned); I think that puts the focus more on the box and coin/knife and away from the block...
what do you think?
magictaffy
View Profile
New user
Cardiff,Wales.UK
90 Posts

Profile of magictaffy
Just got mine too,brilliant service all the way to Wales in just 1 week! Very impressed.

Haven't had a chance to show anyone yet,still getting the feel of it, but WOW its all everyone says it is and so simple.
Brilliant engineering Jamie and all done by yourself!

Mine "talks" a little at the moment but I guess that will pass once it gets a bit smoother?

Thanks Jamie.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 16:02, magictaffy wrote:


Mine "talks" a little at the moment but I guess that will pass once it gets a bit smoothe



Yes, it will (get quieter that is). Just give it a drop of oil in the appropriate area. Also, you don't necessarily have to *you know what* too much.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
On 2012-01-10 15:34, coosticks wrote:
Quote:

It IS pretty easy to 'set' though... wondering whether to tighten it - a quick tug by a difficult spec will blow it if they were allowed to; I plan to frame the effect as an illusion (like the Copperfield wall of china idea someone mentioned); I think that puts the focus more on the box and coin/knife and away from the block...
what do you think?


The Copperfield "Walking through the Great Wall of China" is what I always use and it works quite well. Other than that, please let us try to be a tad more circumspect in our description of IR. I'm not going to make reference to it in your post as that would only draw attention to it, but I'm sure you know what I'm referring to. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I have to agree with Phil (gaffed). I have performed this over a hundred times, and have never had anyone question the steel block. Come on, we all know the "action" is with the card box, and it is totally indetectable!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I think that WAY too much info has been given away in this thread, but hopefully only owners or magicians contemplating a purchase make it past more than a few pages before losing interest and giving up. It takes a long time to read 55 pages. But I definitely think we should stop talking so openly!
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
Well Mr. Jamie D. Grant - I just dished out $140 on your IR product. I figuerd what the hell? My B-day is on the 25th of this month...so why not. Happy b-day me. Even though there has been a bit too much chatter about the way the effect works in the last few posts. It still wasn't enought to make me not want to buy it. Congrats on the huge success and the happiest of new years to you! Thanks!
sketchomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
217 Posts

Profile of sketchomagic
One more thing...I've riffled through the pages and couldn't find anyone asking this one question that I'm very curios about.

After you reveal the steel block and a few examinations by the spectators...is it possibe to put the steel block back into the box,
then have the spectator try and push the knife/coin through themselves and have it so they CAN'T do it?
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Yes you can but you risk them damaging the block.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..19..35..51..67..80~81~82~83~84..91..97..103..109..115..116~117~118 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL