We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..21..39..57..75..93~94~95~96~97..102..106..110..114..116~117~118 [Next]
NotYourAverageJOE
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of NotYourAverageJOE
Just wanted to add my name to workers who have found this trick rocks! I have found it has a really strong impact on people I perform this on. I will be using this trick a lot!
NOT YOUR AVERAGE MAGIC
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Thanks guys!!

And here's a pic that was just posted on my Facebook wall. I can't tell you how much it means to me the Vault and IR are both being used out in the real world and not sitting in a drawer somewhere. It makes my day! Thanks for letting me share, gang!

TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Did IR for my best friend from High School last night. We haven't seen each other for five years. I did a number of effects, but this morning he said "I can't believe I saw you put a coin through a deck of cards, then pull out a block of steel."

Priceless.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I did IR last night for the 1st time on some friends at a party and it killed. It was the best effect they said of the night. Love this. Thanks for what I think just might be the best effect I got this year so far.
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
This has been great for me. I too have found it was one of my strongest effects so I came up with a way to make it more of a closing effect. This is basically just a way to make it appear as if you are inserting a card in the middle of a deck, and then going into the IR effect. https://vimeo.com/40062110

Sorry no live performance yet. Need to find a more reliable camera and camera person! LOL
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5339 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
That was cool, Erik! You have one heck of a deck switch! I have your melT ebook - just purchased it about a week ago - but apparently I haven't read ALL the way through it yet. Gotta get back to it soon now. Smile

Thanks!

Jim
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
Quote:
On 2012-04-29 22:35, J-Mac wrote:
That was cool, Erik! You have one heck of a deck switch! I have your melT ebook - just purchased it about a week ago - but apparently I haven't read ALL the way through it yet. Gotta get back to it soon now. Smile

Thanks!

Jim

Thanks for getting "meLt"! That specific idea isn't in the meLt book but is based on the mini-melt(Omni-melt) idea in the book. I got such a great response because of that "little bonus idea" that I added to the melt book, that I'll probably be expanding the idea on it's own and releasing my omni deck work. It will probably be a much cheaper book in the end, as it is a much simpler concept than Melt. Anyways, This specific idea is one I'm happy to share with other IR users for free. If other IR users are interested in the idea then just ask me and I'll figure out a way to get you a write up on it. In the mean time....have fun frying people's brains with IR. It is now my current "Pride and Joy" effect!
mndude
View Profile
Special user
785 Posts

Profile of mndude
You'll might want to use tape inside the card box. The little pieces of paper that may come off from the slot might end up in the wrong places and reveal the method.
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
Quote:
On 2012-05-07 18:25, mndude wrote:
You'll might want to use tape inside the card box. The little pieces of paper that may come off from the slot might end up in the wrong places and reveal the method.

Fortunately that isn't a concern. If it were I'd be a little peeved that you are trying to tip a method on a forum that is ostensibly against exposure. Besides...if you own IR be patient and I'll send you the write-up for here in a day or two.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
724 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
That was a GREAT handling, Erik! Would love to take a glance at your treatise on IR!

I'm fooled. And it feels so great! Smile
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great!!
mndude
View Profile
Special user
785 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-05-07 19:17, eostresh wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-07 18:25, mndude wrote:

Fortunately that isn't a concern. If it were I'd be a little peeved that you are trying to tip a method on a forum that is ostensibly against exposure. Besides...if you own IR be patient and I'll send you the write-up for here in a day or two.

Actually, looking back at older postings, Jamie also referenced these concerns as well. My posting is intended to make sense, only to those that have it, but I've seen numerous postings here that virtually reveal how it is done.
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
Quote:

Actually, looking back at older postings, Jamie also referenced these concerns as well. My posting is intended to make sense, only to those that have it, but I've seen numerous postings here that virtually reveal how it is done.

Sorry. Misunderstanding then. You obviously were criptic enough since I thought you were talking about something else. Well done and good advice!
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
Okay so I have the rough draft on that write up done. IR users interested just send me a PM with your e-mail and the country of the coin you got with your IR(that isn't exactly a test...I'm just curious lol;)
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2012-05-08 22:15, eostresh wrote:
Okay so I have the rough draft on that write up done. IR users interested just send me a PM with your e-mail and the country of the coin you got with your IR(that isn't exactly a test...I'm just curious lol;)

Very kind of ya!
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
I just did IR this weekend for a few friends that have not seen it yet. Love watching there face drop when I drop out the block into there hands. Best effect I got this year.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I received my industrial revalation over the weekend which I bought on here...this thing is AWESOME!!!!! Coolest effect I've ever purchased!
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Blimey, is this the longest thread ever at the MC? I'm amazed it's still right at the top of the "Latest and Greatest" thread after all this time! Kudos to Jamie. I like my IR, but my suspicion is that it's so very popular not because it's the best effect, but because it's one of the best "no-brainer" effects - anyone can do it. And let's be honest, An effect that is virtually self-working, yet remains astonishing to spectators, is always gonna sell like hot cakes!
Potty
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
789 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Quote:
On 2012-06-04 15:10, Potty the Pirate wrote:
Blimey, is this the longest thread ever at the MC? I'm amazed it's still right at the top of the "Latest and Greatest" thread after all this time! Kudos to Jamie. I like my IR, but my suspicion is that it's so very popular not because it's the best effect, but because it's one of the best "no-brainer" effects - anyone can do it. And let's be honest, An effect that is virtually self-working, yet remains astonishing to spectators, is always gonna sell like hot cakes!
Potty

Agree with this...it's a no brainier, and it frys laymen!
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1076 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
So far I like IR, but not in love with it - too big, heavy, difficult to reset, and workmanship is not perfect (you can clearly see the secret if you inspect the block - I think the matchbox version hid the secret a little better). I really liked the matchbox version, wasn't too heavy, nor too big, and reset wasn't as bad as IR. But didn't like using the matchbox. Now that I think of it, I wonder if that sucker would fit inside a mini card case? Hhhmmm...

Read through some of the thread, not sure if this was discussed, but can you share your reset technique for walk-around situations? It's nearly impossible to reset without going to a corner or the restroom to reset. Craig said he used this as an opener for his walk-around set, but I don't know how that's possible without a reset break. (Feel free to pm as don't want to encroach on secret.) Thanks much!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..21..39..57..75..93~94~95~96~97..102..106..110..114..116~117~118 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL