The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..22..41..60..79..96~97~98~99~100..106..111..116..121..125~126~127 [Next]
germanmagician
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of germanmagician
I have this trick in small Size, very cool. Is this Version very Heavy?

Thank you for Response
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 19:15, germanmagician wrote:
I have this trick in small Size, very cool. Is this Version very Heavy?

Thank you for Response

Go back about 60 pages - its about 1.5 lbs. The heaviness makes it extra effective.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 19:56, saysold1 wrote:
...its about 1.5 lbs. The heaviness makes it extra effective.

Great theft deterrent too! Throw it at the mugger's head! Smile

Jim
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 23:41, J-Mac wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 19:56, saysold1 wrote:
...its about 1.5 lbs. The heaviness makes it extra effective.

Great theft deterrent too! Throw it at the mugger's head! Smile

Jim

Good thinking as usual Jim!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-07-02 17:25, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
And I just got back from the post office- hurrah! The first 10 INDUSTRIAL REVELATIONs have been sent out (that was what the secret was for the first 10 people who PMd me regarding this). I needed to find out how much they cost to ship, whether everything fit in the box, what labels to use, etc. I have gone through so much quality control it's not even funny, lol.

Please know that I have given you the absolute best of my work. I look forward to the first 10's thoughts and ideas!

As for the rest, we're officially all set for Sunday night!

All my best,

jamie
http://magicfriday.blogspot.com/2001/07/......ion.html

P.S. The block weighs exactly 1.5 pounds! After handing it out, I always ask, "Hey! That's a pound and a half of 100% solid steel, it's probably worth around $30. Do you know how much it would be worth if it was solid gold?" Now here's the thing, people immediately go from studying it to feeling the weight in their hand. EVERY SINGLE PERSON DID THIS, lol. You know that up and down hand motion? Every single person I showed this to started to do that. "It would be worth $24,000" From that point on, I moved into the card trick and people only wanted to feel it's weight.

Even though it can withstand 100% inspection, by throwing out that fact, we can deflect their thoughts from, "How did he do that?" to "Wow, gold's worth a lot." Later, of course, they'll only think, "That was amazing!!!"

P.P.S. Did you just jump to the third page of this thread? if so, watch this to see what we're talking about!

AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I can imagine when the weight hits the spectators. A wonderful surprise.
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
It is a wonderful surprise..
If there was a downside to this it would be the weight issue . Carrying in your pocket wouldnt last long.
I carry it in a pouch with the rest of my little items..

The flipside is when the routine is finished and they fel the weight of it. The look is perfect

so its all worth it for me
Phoon08
View Profile
New user
Australia
9 Posts

Profile of Phoon08
I finally got around to ordering my IR! I am so happy and cannot wait to have it in my hands and start practising Smile Jamie's communication has been OUTSTANDING. Within two days of ordering, I received an email saying that my IR has now been shipped. You can't ask for anymore than that! Smile
Card Detective
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Card Detective
I have never had such an experience when buying magic as I am experiencing now with Industrial Revelation. Jamie has been emailing keeping me informed, explaining the manufacturing process and generally keeping me happy while I wait. In the last I have been told that it is on its way. I am a happy bunny. Great customer service.
Fluent Spanish speaker, if I can help anyone, let me know.
Kobra
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Kobra
Just had another request today to show the trick with the metal block! It does produce memorable reactions.
I have purposely let mine rust, even encouraging it, looks great. Gone through a couple of card boxes though!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
You can easily rust it like so many are doing it. That is what usually is the opposite regarding most utilities. Smile
kellaroneil
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of kellaroneil
Such a wonderful effect and so many great routine possibilities. I have a friend who just loves performing the effect and it gets awesome reactions.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Thanks gang!! I'm not sure what else I can say on this thread, aside from "Thank you!!!" I obviously LOVE hearing from happy friends (no one is just a customer in my books) and it always makes my day!

Also, with the release of my new Vault I'm going to be sending out an e-mail to everyone who's purchased an IR. But I simply can't bear the thought of sending out a product e-mail without giving something in return, so I'm working on getting a couple of my famous magician pals to hopefully submit a new routine or two for your IR- absolutely free.

I'll keep you posted!

A million thanks,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Card Detective
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Card Detective
Received this yesterday. It is amazing. Beautifully made, very well presented and I can not wait to inserted into a routine and perform it.
The comunication from Jamie from order to actually receiving this has eased that process of waiting.
Thank you Jamie
Fluent Spanish speaker, if I can help anyone, let me know.
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
Still have mine I ordered back a few months back during the summer. Only performed it a couple of times. Its gradually gotten a little rusty, but not munch. I keep it in its original box it came in. Such a classic piece of magic history.

Wondering what Jamie's favorite latest effect is (other than IR) or what is you're thoughts on the latest close up effects out right now?
Posting ever so slightly.
TheStoner
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheStoner
This is a brilliant bit of kit, but it's so heavy! I stopped using it at my close-up gigs because it was such a pain carrying it around in your pocket.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
A belt mounted carrier intended for a small digital camera solved the situation for me.

Steve
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Me too. I used it art 2 gigs this month - and the reactuon was always fantastic.

This is one of those tricks that I bring out only after connecting with people with some other strong metal effects prior like Flexion, QB2 or some spoon bending. At the right time IR is so good.

I use the Joshua leather holder and its perfect - a little weight on the belt but I forget about it quickly because the weight is so balanced.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Quote:
On 2012-11-18 05:55, Card Detective wrote:
Received this yesterday. It is amazing. Beautifully made, very well presented and I can not wait to inserted into a routine and perform it.
The comunication from Jamie from order to actually receiving this has eased that process of waiting.
Thank you Jamie

Thank YOU! So kind!!

Quote:
On 2012-11-19 07:50, TheStoner wrote:
This is a brilliant bit of kit, but it's so heavy! I stopped using it at my close-up gigs because it was such a pain carrying it around in your pocket.

I understand your pain, lol. When I wear jeans (we won't talk about the tightness, lol) it's been no problem. And when I'm in my suit, a strong and slightly wider belt is the key. I use Jay Sankey's "Assassin Pouch" which actually has a bit of slack- and I like it a lot.

Quote:
On 2012-11-18 18:33, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
Still have mine I ordered back a few months back during the summer. Only performed it a couple of times. Its gradually gotten a little rusty, but not munch. I keep it in its original box it came in. Such a classic piece of magic history.

Wondering what Jamie's favorite latest effect is (other than IR) or what is you're thoughts on the latest close up effects out right now?

Thanks!! And I perform a ton of new magic, which (for the most part) can be viewed over at my Magic Friday review show (absolutely free) which I've been doing since 2006! Yikes, lol!:

http://www.facebook.com/magicfridayrevie......yreviews

~jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
CdnAndrew
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of CdnAndrew
So I'm the crazy guy on this forum who read every post in this thread before making the decision to buy; I wanted to make sure I'd be able to properly care for it, be 'able' to work the effect, and make sure that it's something I could see myself doing.

I don't know why I bothered; I should have known after the first 2 pages that I would be thrilled with it!

I don't know what else I can say that others haven't; I truly appreciate the packaging. It looks great and made it a joy opening. In this day, a lot of people / companies don't put that effort into the packaging; they just send things in blister packs or ( often in our world) ziploc baggies. Seeing a nice box arrive with beautifully simple instructions just summarized the simplistic elegance of Industrial Revelations. The care and Q.C. that went into IR is excellent. I cannot imagine, ever in my life, managing to ruin this thing (I can, however, imagine it ruining things in my life; it's heavy and solid!).

Thanks again Jamie for your help pre-ordering, the speed at which you were able to send it out, and the feeling I get that you're genuinely interested in my experience, my success and my ability to share wonder with others.

I guess I should stop typing now and just go play with it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..22..41..60..79..96~97~98~99~100..106..111..116..121..125~126~127 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL