The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..25..47..69..91..112~113~114~115~116..125~126~127 [Next]
magicbart
View Profile
New user
Chambly, Québec, Canada
85 Posts

Profile of magicbart
Hi all,
Can it be done with half dollars. I understand the principle since I own the matchbox size version, but everywhere people are saying "using a quarter"

Thanks in advance
What your brain can imagine, you can create it. Dont wait, just do it.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
You could do it with a half dollar. Jamie supplies a card box with a slit that would probably only fit a quarter but it wouldn't be hard to modify.
Although it's nice also to use a borrowed coin.
I actually just received this for Christmas and I'm lovin' it. Really well made prop.
FWIW, I've done it a couple times to family members and I've been using a small knife. Started with the knife just because I found it easier but I kind of like the routine that's evolved out of it and it's grown on me so I'm now thinking of using it on a more permanent basis.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
A light-hearted presentation of this beautiful effect.
Not my finest hour, but I think the idea has some merit.

http://youtu.be/hu2zTdhsAA4

Steve
magicbart
View Profile
New user
Chambly, Québec, Canada
85 Posts

Profile of magicbart
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2015, videoman wrote:
You could do it with a half dollar. Jamie supplies a card box with a slit that would probably only fit a quarter but it wouldn't be hard to modify.

Thx for the responce, it's appreciated.

Coinly yours Smile
What your brain can imagine, you can create it. Dont wait, just do it.
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Stephen ~

I enjoyed your presentation.

allen
lejulio
View Profile
New user
Worlwide
56 Posts

Profile of lejulio
Yeah good presentation Stephen!
selectedmagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of selectedmagic
I have problem 'opening' it if you know what I mean... I tried everything, just can't get it 'reset'. Anyone has the same problem?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Stephen,
Very nice presentation, love it!
KJ
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2015, selectedmagic wrote:
I have problem 'opening' it if you know what I mean... I tried everything, just can't get it 'reset'. Anyone has the same problem?

You need to read the entire thread. This has been discussed many times here. I'm sure you'll find an answer.

Jim
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
Bought mine about 3 years ago. I use this at almost every booking, so it probably gets 200 to 250 uses a year, still going strong. Although I gave it a rest last year as I had bad tennis elbow that made the reset very painful, I'm slowly using it more and more again now I found a non "wristy" way to reset.
Chad Gill
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Chad Gill
Funny story.. I was doing this in a friend's house. Beautiful hard wood floor. Yup! I dropped it! Cracked the floor a little bit. So give you all a heads up. Don't drop it! This thing is made with quality. Nice and solid...
Bobby Puga
View Profile
Loyal user
El Centro, CA
201 Posts

Profile of Bobby Puga
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2016, Chad Gill wrote:
Funny story.. I was doing this in a friend's house. Beautiful hard wood floor. Yup! I dropped it! Cracked the floor a little bit. So give you all a heads up. Don't drop it! This thing is made with quality. Nice and solid...

Same thing happened to me! Dented my wood floor! Very nice and extremely solid...
Customized greatly...
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
I had a drunken wedding guest snatch it off me and throw it in the air... it landed about 2cm from the foot of a girl in open toe shoes, could have been a nasty claim on the public liability insurance ! Since then I've been extra extra vigilant about audience management !
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2015, Stephen Young wrote:
A light-hearted presentation of this beautiful effect.
Not my finest hour, but I think the idea has some merit.

http://youtu.be/hu2zTdhsAA4

Steve

Very good Idea Stephen. This gives me Motivation to take it out of the Drawer and perform it again.

Thumbs UP!!!
Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
Great product but I simply found it too heavy to lug around so it went into the drawer and later I sold it.
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
www.MagicalEducator.com

Check out my column "Magic is Education" in Vanish Magazine
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
In a product with all pros , there's only this little con .

Carrying some weight on the body is a little sacrifice for getting a strong reaction . I like it , I'm still using IR a lot .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
SWiCh
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of SWiCh
I have been waiting to buy this trick for a couple of years, had a windfall and now it's en route....hope it was worth the wait! I am looking to to combine it with a deck switch (Cold Case) for a great closer. Gonna need some serious hand strength to hold it for the length of a trick by the sound of things!!

Thanks
Stu
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
In a product with all pros , there's only this little con .

Carrying some weight on the body is a little sacrifice for getting a strong reaction . I like it , I'm still using IR a lot .

I use a vert clip on the back of my belt, makes it a lot easier and no pocket space used; https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......rd-clip/
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2016, SWiCh wrote:
I have been waiting to buy this trick for a couple of years, had a windfall and now it's en route....hope it was worth the wait! I am looking to to combine it with a deck switch (Cold Case) for a great closer. Gonna need some serious hand strength to hold it for the length of a trick by the sound of things!!

Thanks
Stu

Cold Case is designed to switch one un-boxed deck for another, and you need IR boxed of course so I think you may need to go a different route.
Most folks don't bother with a deck switch at all. In fact, I prefer it without as that makes more sense in the context of my routine. I want them to deduce that the the box is actually empty so the block is even more of a shock.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Still loving this. Solid buy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..25..47..69..91..112~113~114~115~116..125~126~127 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL