We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28..46..63..80..97..114..116~117~118 [Next]
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
If anybody is interested, I'll intended putting my High Calibre Holster up for sale next week when I get back from France.

Here's the link.

http://www.hcmagic.com/original.html

It will easily carry IR, and all your other stuff.

I'll be asking $250 plus shipping from Europe.

If any IR owners want it I'm giving them first chance before I put it in the Let's Make a deal section.

Steve
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Maynard
I'm loving that presentation, nice work saysold & saysold Jnr Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Nice routine Brett! Thanks for putting that up here.

Illusioneer, great idea! I will try it in the cuffs case and let you know. I know it will work. Not only that there are so many models to choose from and some are doubles and then there are singles with a flap. Cuff cases will be less expensive then the gun holsters also!

Thanks for the idea!

XCath1: Sure the weight is someting that has to be worked out but its an asset rather then a flaw in the long run. It has to be heavy, any lighter and it would not be as powerful. Just check out the woman when Brett hands her the block. Screams are great but they are no more powerful just more emotional outburstick. Smile
madcats9
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of madcats9
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 01:43, saysold1 wrote:
Here is a video demo from a casual performance yesterday at The Grove here in Los Angeles.

My 12 year old was holding the camera and did a great job - this is the first video demo I've ever posted so please be kind Smile

Bottom line is that this (hopefully) really captures the magical moment and why Industrial Revelation is such a killer effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYOq0XWR25M

Nice routine, was fun to watch!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Quote:
Here is a video demo from a casual performance yesterday at The Grove here in Los Angeles.

My 12 year old was holding the camera and did a great job - this is the first video demo I've ever posted so please be kind Smile

Bottom line is that this (hopefully) really captures the magical moment and why Industrial Revelation is such a killer effect:

That is awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to put that up! As a result, I'm making an executive decision and putting your name in twice for the "Anything Is Possible" bottle contest (which I'll also do for anyone else that would like to put up a video)!

And what a great presentation! That half-card is some super creative thinking!

jamie

:thumbsup:
click here to read some amazing reviews, like:

"I just got mine. Everything should be this well made. Industrial Revelation takes a modern classic and feeds it Miracle Grow. The result is a thing of beauty."

~David Regal

&

"I rarely buy tricks anymore, but INDUSTRIAL REVELATION is one of the best tricks I have ever bought - ever. Everything about it is first-class."

~Chuck Romano
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
Quote:

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing that. The only question I have is, did you get her number? Smile
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10644 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 10:46, GeneTony wrote:
Quote:

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing that. The only question I have is, did you get her number? Smile

Don't get me in trouble Tony!!!

Thanks to all of you and hopefully we'll see some additional video ideas as the pictures convey more than words.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
All you need to see is Sally's face when Brett hands over the loot and she turns it over looking for a hole, priceless!

Now, Illusioneer has truly solved the weight/carry problem! Handcuff case will fit on your belt, not damage the leather of the Armani be nice and snug on the mid part of your back. Jaimie wears jeans which I seldom do for corporate otherwise the material in a tough pair of jeans could easily handle the weight. Anyway, here is the uploaded photo:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/C......CASE.jpg

Find these all over the internet and check it out, with the double, you have another section for your paperclip, quarter or whatever you want to slide in the slit. I can get 3 fingers widthwise into the front slot. The leather on my oldie is very soft. Imagination is unlimited!

Slowy rotting decomp
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
724 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Woohooo! I get to raid Dad's belt next time I see him!

Glad it worked out for you, my friend!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
165 Posts

Profile of big dan
Yeee haaaa!!! Mine arrived finally!!! Smile

Really loving playing around with this. I think I am preferring the knife over the quarter but still trying both!

Regarding weight if you wear jeans then this isn't a problem. On most jeans you have what is sometimes referred to as a "watch pocket" or more commonly referred to as a condom pocket (these are the little pockets just above and inside the front right pocket). On many jeans nowadays these pockets are often almost the width of the main pocket. I have found that the deck sits nicely in here and it kind of holds it against your body rather than weighing down the pocket! Try it out!

One suggestion I had if using a quarter when revealing the block,if you are doing it at table you can either let the block fall gently from one end to create a big thud or drop the coin on top the block which has a nice satisfying solid metal on solid metal clink to it!
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Great idea Big Dan, welcome aboard!

As I was taking my Friday nap Illusioneer, I was thinking about your block. Looking back to what Jaime said about all the scratches on his; if you made identical scratches on the same side (start with 2-3) in different areas, I think this would solve your problem. I think it would provide attention elsewhere rather then where it is. Cant wait to hear more of your real world experience also. My block is not pristine silvery anymore (at least to me). It is starting to get a very light rusty tinge and Im liking it.

I am currently storing my deck block in the handcuff holster and will be adding quarters to the trusty front slot as I can get em. I want this ready for my next gig/impromptu. I don't put it in my magic drawer any longer since I think it will eventually fall through the bottom.

I think this will go down as one of the winners of 2011. Any doubts potential buyers, replay Brett's video and ffwd if you must to the look on the woman's face. No silly screams, no stamping of feet, none of the newest video edits to people in slow motion turning their heads with WTF profanities. Just the look we have come to expect and if you are a mindreader, this is all you need until that next fix.

Decomposing Smile
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
699 Posts

Profile of egoli
Well, I've been doing IR for the past few days and I couldn't be happier. This is a terrific trick and congratulations to Jamie on the workmanship. I've done it over 20 times at work for customers on Tuesday and Wednesday and a half a dozen times while on Thursday while paying bills, picking up mail, etc. I'm using a combination of the plastic knife from Michaels and a quarter and I start off my routine explaining how, as a magician, I often have to shuffle the cards and then cut the deck. I then show how I have developed a new way to cut the deck and I insert the knife a couple of times. Then to confirm that things pass through the deck I push the quarter through. Finally I place the deck on the counter and ask them to pick it up. That's the first shock when they realise how heavy it is. I then take the deck and slide out the solid piece of steel. Nobody has any idea how this is done and the reactions are great. I PM'd Jamie about a slight noise concern and he replied immediately with an olive oil solution that works perfectly. Everything is now 100% silent. I can see the box getting quite beat up and so I'll have to cut some more boxes. Anyone have any suggestions for empty card boxes? I have plenty of decks lying around but it just seems such a waste to have the loose cards lying around if I use those boxes. Also, anyone envisage any problems travelling with IR in your carry on luggage? The block of steel could make quite the weapon in the wrong hands and it could take a bit of explaining to the airport security when it shows up on the x-ray or during the bag search!!

Well done Jamie on a beautifully produced piece of magic and see you in Las Vegas at Magic Live.

Ed
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Ed, I hope we get the chance to meet up at Jamie's booth at Magic Live. Great routine idea!

Maybe Jamie should make up some small stickers to put on our name badges that say "I have IR!". Then we could identify each other, and share ideas.

It would also create "buzz" with those who ask us "What does that mean?".

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-08-05 20:46, egoli wrote:
Well, I've been doing IR for the past few days and I couldn't be happier. This is a terrific trick and congratulations to Jamie on the workmanship. I've done it over 20 times at work for customers on Tuesday and Wednesday and a half a dozen times while on Thursday while paying bills, picking up mail, etc. I'm using a combination of the plastic knife from Michaels and a quarter and I start off my routine explaining how, as a magician, I often have to shuffle the cards and then cut the deck. I then show how I have developed a new way to cut the deck and I insert the knife a couple of times. Then to confirm that things pass through the deck I push the quarter through. Finally I place the deck on the counter and ask them to pick it up. That's the first shock when they realise how heavy it is. I then take the deck and slide out the solid piece of steel. Nobody has any idea how this is done and the reactions are great. I PM'd Jamie about a slight noise concern and he replied immediately with an olive oil solution that works perfectly. Everything is now 100% silent. I can see the box getting quite beat up and so I'll have to cut some more boxes. Anyone have any suggestions for empty card boxes? I have plenty of decks lying around but it just seems such a waste to have the loose cards lying around if I use those boxes. Also, anyone envisage any problems travelling with IR in your carry on luggage? The block of steel could make quite the weapon in the wrong hands and it could take a bit of explaining to the airport security when it shows up on the x-ray or during the bag search!!

Well done Jamie on a beautifully produced piece of magic and see you in Las Vegas at Magic Live.

Ed

Great sublities Ed. I especially like the nuiance of placing the deck on the table and asking them to pick it up.

I too have tons of boxes scattered that are just waiting to be slit slotted for my precious block.

Decomp
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Ed,
I don't think I would try to carry it on.
My son in law is a commercial airline pilot, and he says the TSA can really be a pain.

I assume you are thinking about taking it to Magic Live. I would probably check it, but I don't fly that much now a days. Maybe someone else has some better input.

It probably depends on the TSA agent you get. I wouldn't take the chance. That is one heavy piece of steel.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
egoli
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of egoli
It's not too important for me to have it at Magic Live but after that I am flying on to San Diego for a wedding and it would have been nice to take with and show off to my friends in San Diego. Oh well - maybe not such a great idea.

Ed
egoli
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of egoli
I wonder how Jamie is getting a whole stack of them to LV and then how people are getting them home. I'm always cautious about putting expensive items in my checked luggage and I'm not sure if the checked luggage x-rays would give a problem
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I think he would have them shipped. I hear what you are saying about checked bags. There is a risk of loss!

I plan to bring mine, but intend to put it in a checked bag. Let's hope the bag arrives!
For me it is a direct flight from Denver to Las Vegas, so I shouldn't have a problem.

I have to think that checking it is a better way than trying to get it through security after you have already checked your bags.

Years ago, I tried to get a $100 cigar lighter through security, and they wouldn't let it through (this was before 911). Thank goodness I had enough time to go back to the ticket counter and buy a little box to check it in.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
egoli
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of egoli
I forgot to mention that I am finding the reset incredibly easy. As I turn away from the spectator I have it immediately reset and back in the box. Not even the people I am working with notice what I have done.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
I'm sure you wouldn't have any problem walking on the airplane with IR stuck into a shoulder or hip holster! lol

By the way Brett, great video, routine and camera work by your son. Maybe we'll have to put him on the sticks for the next WPR! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..24~25~26~27~28..46..63..80..97..114..116~117~118 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL