The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..51..70..89..108..125~126~127 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I love this thread and I love Industrial Rev so much! Jaime please raise the price to at least $200!
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-08-07 23:42, Decomposed wrote:
Jaime please raise the price to at least $200!

Easy to say after you already purchased it. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Quote:
On 2011-08-07 16:35, Larry Davidson wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-08-06 06:21, Magicray69 wrote:
Maybe we should start a thread of 'one liners' that can be used when performing with our IR.

"...I'm really crazy about Heavy Metal" (said as you drop the block of steel on the table or onto the spectator's hand)...."

Just thinking, but you could even use Instant Radio V2 and make it a working jukebox. I'm still kicking myself for not buying this at the lower price and now I can't justify spending more money before my semester in Paris. Grr!
I love that idea and am thinking about introducing the card box as a new high tech Jukebox. The customer inserts a quarter into the Jukebox, at the end of the night management retrieves the money (pull the quarter through the other side), and repeat a number of times. Now ask the spectator what type of music she likes, and say, "Oh, well this Jukebox only has heavy metal." Open the box and reveal.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-08-08 15:39, APC wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe we should start a thread of 'one liners' that can be used when performing with our IR.

"...I'm really crazy about Heavy Metal" (said as you drop the block of steel on the table or onto the spectator's hand)...."

Just thinking, but you could even use Instant Radio V2 and make it a working jukebox. I'm still kicking myself for not buying this at the lower price and now I can't justify spending more money before my semester in Paris. Grr!
I love that idea and am thinking about introducing the card box as a new high tech Jukebox. The customer inserts a quarter into the Jukebox, at the end of the night management retrieves the money (pull the quarter through the other side), and repeat a number of times. Now ask the spectator what type of music she likes, and say, "Oh, well this Jukebox only has heavy metal." Open the box and reveal.

I hope Jamie doesn't mind me mentioning this, but apparently the first 150 units shipped out were not sold at much profit - if any. But it sure got the word out big time that Industrial Revelation is something truly remarkable.

This is such a HIGH QUALITY item, and even at the current price this is literally a "steel" (pun intended).

These are hand made by craftsmen who care, not overseas in Asia or some low cost locale but rather in Vancouver B.C. Even at the current price Jamie I think is keeping the offering price right at the bone and making a small margin.

IR is worth every cent and is fast becoming a modern "classic."

This is not just sales hype - read the 19+ pages of reviews here... and counting Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Quote:
Quote:

You could have two reveals for the heavy metal gag. The first is the 'Ace of Spades' a la Motorhead, closely followed by the block!
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Clever ideas, Guys!

I am glad to be in the company of very intelligent people, such as myself ( I'm not up to Bill Palmer's level, yet. Maybe in my next life).

To Blaque_Magik......touche!!!!!

Just to let you know. I purchased a Pro-Tech black nylon handcuff case with belt loop and heavy duty snap flap @ http://www.BigDaddyHolsters.com

It works great! Very sturdy! Plenty of room! Also try Ebay. Under 10 bucks shipped!

Jamie, I would pay $300 for yor IR anyday. Unfortunately, I already have one.

MagicRay
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
$300 it is, raise the price Jaime.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Cool it you guys. Someday you may need to buy a replacement!

I know I somehow lost my first matchbox penetration, and never found one that worked as well.

It does happen!
Sammy J. Teague
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Having easily passed the wife (and kids) test, the next step was to try this out at work today - a friend videoed it on his I-phone. If we can work out how, we’ll upload tomorrow or Wednesday.

It was a bit of a ‘rough’ performance, but I’m now happy enough with the basic theme / plot; and I will try this out either this weekend or the following weekend at a proper gig.

Credits to David Penn for Coinvexed 2 presentation, Decomposed for mentioning coin bends on p17, and everyone else’s generous sharing of ideas

Here is my presentation:

I start off by asking if anyone has seen the great illusion where Copperfield walked through the Great Wall of China, or Blaine passes through a solid wall?
I then tell them that I’ll recreate that illusion, but close up! I show a coin (10 pence / quarter sized coin) with a little stick man drawn on one side “this is the magician!” I the remove the ‘deck’ of cards “and this will be the wall!”

I then slowly pass the coin through the box, and then repeat so that everyone can see the amazing feat! “But the amazing thing is that Copperfield only passed through a stone wall…” I then reveal the steel block.

“I can show you that again, but in your own hands… put your initials on the back of the coin…” I then get out a 2 pence coin and my Coinvexed 2 gimmicks “draw a wall on this coin” I then put both coins in the person’s hand, make a joke about dropping the steel block on the hands, talk about bending reality etc., magic gesture and reveal that the 10 pence coin is bent.

Considering that my 'test' audience today were cynical fire fighters, IR went over really, really well. A couple of the guys picked the block up, tapped it with the coin, examined the box etc. but did not come close to finding the secret. The coin bend (with the David Penn inspired misdirection) seemed like a really natural follow on.

I love this and can’t wait to work it properly.

Charlie
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
You can upload it straight to Youtube from your Iphone.
Go to the video, press the screen for all the options, press the button on the bottom left corner, and press "Send to Youtube".
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2011-08-08 18:17, Blindside785 wrote:
You can upload it straight to Youtube from your Iphone.
Go to the video, press the screen for all the options, press the button on the bottom left corner, and press "Send to Youtube".

Thanks mate, you really make me feel my age lol!! (middle aged bloke struggling with technology!) We tried that several times from his I-phone to my Youtube account (and I logged in from my phone to check the account details) but it just kept coming back with the user-name & password dialogue box

He will give me the clip as an MP4 hopefully
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Lol

Got my IR today,

My presentation with perception is gonna go as follows so I can make it as much as a conversation piece as I can.

Talk about the mind completing images. So then I talk about the word association game, I say plane they think of sky, etc.

Then talk about doing this visually, do the half card bit, then push the quarter through the deck.

Then talk about changing their perception and what their thinking by feel or physically, and placing it in their hand, the weight should make them question a lot of things at that point.

So it goes from just thinking into their mind about things, then doing it visually, then physically.

Voila. I'm gonna try this out at work.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2011-08-08 18:33, Blindside785 wrote:
Lol

Got my IR today,

My presentation with perception is gonna go as follows so I can make it as much as a conversation piece as I can.

Talk about the mind completing images. So then I talk about the word association game, I say plane they think of sky, etc.

Then talk about doing this visually, do the half card bit, then push the quarter through the deck.

Then talk about changing their perception and what their thinking by feel or physically, and placing it in their hand, the weight should make them question a lot of things at that point.

So it goes from just thinking into their mind about things, then doing it visually, then physically.

Voila. I'm gonna try this out at work.

Awesome ideas!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Just tried this out on a new patient I just met.

I talked about word association, put the coin through, and when I put the "deck" on his hands his face changed. When he pulled out the block he knew I was business. The laughter and surprise on his face made it all worth it. Everytime I need to amaze a new patient I'll be pulling out I.R.

...When I said," And if I said plane, what word would you think of?"
The answer back was "Yogurt"....Really? Yogurt?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Waiting for your video demo Smile

Bring it on!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hiya Gang!

I'm absolutely buried with orders and getting ready for Magic Live, lol~ so please accept my apologies for not being more active in this thread for the next week or so! Rest assured, however, I read every post and love hearing all of your wonderful thoughts, ideas, and comments. Keep 'em coming! And, at the very least, I'll make sure I update the...

Official Industrial Revelation Story Contest!

Sit back, relax, and read about these real-world performances as they all compete for a (random) chance to win an "Anything Is Possible" bottle!

:pop:

New Entries!

19) Blaque_Magik

So I pull out IR along with a 500 Yen coin, It's just a little smaller than an American Half-Dollar but bigger than a quarter. I ask everyone to examine the coin to make sure it's real. They do, and someone even bites it to really make sure! I then ask them "So what am I holding in my hand?" to the typical reply of playing cards or Toranpu (Trump is what they say in Japanese). After they answer, I show them the coin and the box and tell them that I will attempt to put the coin through the box. I push the coin thru twice and everyone was really amazed! I could of honestly ended it right there and still looked like an awesome magician. So then I show them the box again and everyone sees the cuts in the box and then laughs! I ask them now what do they think is in the box. A couple say it's empty and some say the cards are cut. I ask one of the spectators to hold out his and and I drop the block out of the box into his hands. Jaws drop all around. I then hand it to my Wife's Aunt who didn't seem too impressed (and tried to steal my coin at the beginning...) and her face instantly changed as soon as she felt how heavy the block was! It was probably the most satisfying part of the trick.

20) jugglestruck

I handed it out to five tables last night, it was prodded, pulled, oohed and aahed at but nobody came even close.....

21) puggo

I start off by asking if anyone has seen the great illusion where Copperfield walked through the Great Wall of China, or Blaine passes through a solid wall?
I then tell them that I’ll recreate that illusion, but close up! I show a coin (10 pence / quarter sized coin) with a little stick man drawn on one side “this is the magician!” I the remove the ‘deck’ of cards “and this will be the wall!”

I then slowly pass the coin through the box, and then repeat so that everyone can see the amazing feat! “But the amazing thing is that Copperfield only passed through a stone wall…” I then reveal the steel block.

“I can show you that again, but in your own hands… put your initials on the back of the coin…” I then get out a 2 pence coin and my Coinvexed 2 gimmicks “draw a wall on this coin” I then put both coins in the person’s hand, make a joke about dropping the steel block on the hands, talk about bending reality etc., magic gesture and reveal that the 10 pence coin is bent.

Considering that my 'test' audience today were cynical fire fighters, IR went over really, really well. A couple of the guys picked the block up, tapped it with the coin, examined the box etc. but did not come close to finding the secret. The coin bend (with the David Penn inspired misdirection) seemed like a really natural follow on.

22) Blindside785

I talked about word association, put the coin through, and when I put the "deck" on his hands his face changed. When he pulled out the block he knew I was business. The laughter and surprise on his face made it all worth it. Everytime I need to amaze a new patient I'll be pulling out I.R.

To be entered into the draw for a free "Anything Is Possible" bottle, all you have to do is make a post about your performance, in the real world, with Industrial Revelation. Fun!

Thanks for all your support everyone,

jamie

:thumbsup:
click here to read some amazing reviews, like:

"I just got mine. Everything should be this well made. Industrial Revelation takes a modern classic and feeds it Miracle Grow. The result is a thing of beauty."

~David Regal

&

"I rarely buy tricks anymore, but INDUSTRIAL REVELATION is one of the best tricks I have ever bought - ever. Everything about it is first-class."

~Chuck Romano
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I guess what I think is cool is that once in a while you find an effect that amazes YOU when you practice it's performance.

IR is one of those effects. Since getting it, I probably do it for myself at least 30 times a day, trying to come up with the perfect performance. This just makes you more confident when performing it for others.

Seldom does a trick come along that makes it so easy to get such a great reaction, while done with so much confidence!

I have loved and performed Matchbox Penetration for years. This is so much better, logical and so much stronger.

Thanks Jamie!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-08-08 20:51, Blindside785 wrote:

...When I said," And if I said plane, what word would you think of?"
The answer back was "Yogurt"....Really? Yogurt?

Loving it, thinking outside the box. Keep these mind presentations acoming!

"I then slowly pass the coin through the box, and then repeat so that everyone can see the amazing feat! “But the amazing thing is that Copperfield only passed through a stone wall…” I then reveal the steel block." GREAT STUFF PUGGO! After the fact too!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
OK, I've posted the clip my friend took.

A couple of disclaimers (the usual excuses)
-As I said, this was the first run for friends so the presentation is still being developed / polished
-stinky hayfever so a bit nasal / hard to hear
-etc etc blah blah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4q-cqxkvzI

Charlie
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Hey Charlie, very nice. Total Astonishment!

That routine really packs a one-two punch.

I love seeing video posts of IR and experiencing the presentation ideas everyone comes up with.

Thanks for the post!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..51..70..89..108..125~126~127 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL