We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Fraidy Cat Rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
I have a small Fraidy Cat and want to build a larger one. Any one know where I can get the 3 way hinges this effect uses?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Google
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1078 Posts

Profile of BCS
Rick… most of the Fraddy Cat Rabbits I have seen look like existing hinges were modified with a hack saw (most not good)… good luck with your project. Please post some photos when you finish.

Bruce
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
My vacation starts at the end of July. This will be my vacation project, a way to relax and forget about work.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
I looked through a lot of sites including the one you suggested. Can find nothing like the one I am looking for. I do see that with patience and careful work I can probably modify a standard small brass hinge into what I need. Thanks for all your help.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Hi Rick, If you can post a photo or send a photo to me, I'll see if I can help ID the hinge for you. Not sure what a 3 way hinge is. Could it be a double action hinge?

Oh, wait... this is probably a modified hinge like would be used for a DD Die Box. I'm shooting blind here, because I've never actually seen a FCR in person, but I assume it works like I suspect.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Rickfcm
View Profile
Veteran user
lower Michigan
380 Posts

Profile of Rickfcm
A standard hinge has two plates on it for mounting, this one has three plates and the all close together. I believe I can make it if I take a couple hinges apart and carefully cut off some of the ears and reassemble them.
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Back in the day these were made by the guys making them. I don't believe that they are a common item.
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7378 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I can promise that Karl Norman made his own hinges. He probably made 99% of them for Gene Gordon.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
YEP Richard that would be WAY accurate!
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Fraidy Cat Rabbit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL