The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » help finding cigarette droppers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1027 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I have asked about this before but I never found someone who sells ciggarette droppers/tanks. If anyone knows where I could get something like this thanks in advance...

DJ
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Denny and Lee has them. Just do a search for cigarette and you will find it. http://www.dennymagic.com
Smile
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1027 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I looked there and can't find them, only card ball and coin droppers. How long ago did you see them there?

thanks
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Check it out before I posted.
Here is the exact link:

http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel.......m=005677

Smile
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1027 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
ok I was looking at that. It is not quite what I am looking for. What I am looking for holds about 10 and is placed under the coat and not in the sleeve.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5274 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
DJ, give Abbott’s a call. They used to make an “always-ready” lit cigarette production holder. It held up to 10-lit cigarettes.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1027 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Okay Harry, I will do that and get back to you here. I guess cigarette manipulation is not very popular anymore... I might be the one cigarette manipulator of my day.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
DJ:

You're right - cigarette manipulation is seldom seen anymore. I'm sure that part of the reason is it's hard to find a place to do. Be aware that if you decide to put lit cigarettes in your act, many places that have "no smoking" laws will not let you do your act there.

Personally, unless you're doing some type of anti-smoking act, I would give up almost all cigarette manipultion routines.

Ron
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1027 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
well I think the smoke in the routines makes them very magicial and beautiful. I do smoke now but very rarely. I will not inhale the smoke in my routine but use the cigarettes and the productions for their beauty and the fact that is impossible to be working with lit cigs and even more so to a layman.

????
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
I love cigarette magic! =) I quit smoking a few years back, but still manipulate a cigarette from time to time. I have Tom's tapes and watch them on fast forward just to keep them in my mind. As time goes by, venues become harder to find, but when you find them, they are nice!

REST
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1027 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I can understand all that has been said. I love it as well and I could understand why people would frown on a magician doing this. But I think if I begin with a beautiful impossible opener they will see I am ok and realize the beauty in the production of the cigarettes.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21978 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I got my cigarette droppers from Magic Inc. in Chicago. This is for using the "joke shop" dummies. It delivers one cigarette at a time.

You will probably have to call and convince someone to check the old drawers if it is not in their catalogs any longer. They have a lot of items left in drawers. Whenever I was there in person they would bring out the drawer and that is how I found a great set of multiplying candles and a great looking devils hank made from a large scarf.

There used to be a company called "GEM" in Florida that made a lot of metal items. Don't know if they are still around. They made a Lighted Cigarette Dropper. A real cigarette dropped that was lit, right into your hand.

Good Luck!
Bill Smile
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
Not sure if this is what you wanted, but take a look.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/supplies.html#lp3050

Hope it helps
Nick Zender
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21978 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No, Ray Ben cigarette producer is not a cigarette dropper, check out Keith Clarks Ency. of cig. magic for a picture.

A dropper is a secret device worn under the coat or vest.

Bill Smile
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Raymagic11
View Profile
New user
Holland
63 Posts

Profile of Raymagic11
Would it be possible to make a cigarette dropper yourself? From the description I saw in Tarr`s course it doesn`t look very difficult to construct.
"A magician has the skill to conceal the skill"
- Paul Wilson
"Magic is driven by emotion and conflict"
- Tommy Wonder
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Unless you use the right materials, the cigarettes may not be delivered onto the hand properly as you want them to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » help finding cigarette droppers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL