The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suspension 3001 vs. Ladder Levi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
This might have been brought up before. Sadly, thanks to the lack of the search option, I've no choice but to start a new thread. I might not notice it well enough, but the Suspenson 3001 and the Ladder Levi from Walter Blaney seem to be pretty much the same thing, Just one seems to be a support, the other a small step ladder. Having said that, one is costs thrice more than the other.What are the differences between the two? Anyone with the fluids to quench my thirst(curiosity)?
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1406 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Just a heads up... you can use this to search for older threads: http://www.searchthemagiccafe.com
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2257 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Mechanically there is a huge difference! I'm not sure how much of a difference there is to the audience. Let's see if I can describe this in public. With the Ladder Levi you swing the small open frame ladder off the base in an arc. In the Suspension 3001 you slide the block support back and it drops off the back of the platform more like a Grant's Flying Carpet. The Ladder Levi is much better but requires a LOT more mechanical work to facilitate this move.

I don't own the Ladder Levi but was with David when Walter came over and set it up in his living room in Hollywoood and taught him how to do it one step at a time. My wife (lol.. at the time!) was the first one to float on it. Walter has SO much work and subtlety on this illusion it is great to watch, it was an amazing lesson in magic.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
But that function limps along and provided limited information as well, ah well.

Kyle, if you examine the detailed configuration of the ladder base and its effect on the ladders, as opposed to the smooth base used with the supports you'll see some notably differences as well. My problem is not being able to remove the board as you can with the Gwynne Walk-Away, so you have more of a floating board than a floating person.

Magically,
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Can you still get both illusions and from whom???
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2011-06-22 05:09, dahih beik wrote:
Can you still get both illusions and from whom???

You can get them both from Daniel Summers.

The main advantage of the Ladder Levi over the 3001 is that you can assemble it right in front of the audience removing the notion that any kind of support is in place.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I took some time to read the Walter Blaney site VERY carefully... there are some leads there. Walt, thanks for the info!
Magicalpro
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
156 Posts

Profile of Magicalpro
The angles are a little more difficult on the ladder than the 3001
Kurt "Lee Curtis the Magical Wizard" Flickner
Magic Estate Sale
http://www.MagicEstateSale.com
CA-Lynx
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of CA-Lynx
The elegance of the ladder levitation is what I love.
Watch the videos and decide what fits your style and the presentation you have in mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suspension 3001 vs. Ladder Levi (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL