The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » I believe the desired freakshow reaction is "Oh, my sweet Lord"... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2438 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
And HERE is the "Oh, my sweet Lord..." body mod. Tickets just $2 at the booth to my right or the booth to my left.

OK, it's temporary, but all I can think of is "Squeeze that thing and get some ointment and a bandage on it ... yuck!"
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Holy moly that's a bizarre fad.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Too much head butting !
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Someone's parents didn't love them enough.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
And it would be interesting to imagine how this could be presented in a way that would be profitable.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 10:14, Todd Robbins wrote:
Someone's parents didn't love them enough.
Or, maybe they "loved" them too much...
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
A little to much water on the brain!!!!!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2438 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 10:15, Todd Robbins wrote:
And it would be interesting to imagine how this could be presented in a way that would be profitable.


I shouldn't think it would be too hard, if you're content with a one-day attraction or if you're assured of a constant supply of fresh "exhibits".

"The aliens are here! You've heard about them, you've feared they might come, and now you can see living proof! A captured space alien, alive, alive, alive and close enough to touch!"
Skeleton
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
275 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
...oh this is once again such a typical expression of "my pleasure is way better than your pleasure", especially if you consider that these comments come from people who hammer nails into their head, walk on glass and what have you... Smile

How lucky you are thet you are not looked upon the same way as you look upon these kids... Smile - man, I just don't get this intolerance... Smile
To infinity, and beyond!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Oh, calm down. My comment was just made in jest. There was no judgement being made...unlike your post.

Quote:
On 2011-06-24 09:20, Skeleton wrote:
...oh this is once again such a typical expression of "my pleasure is way better than your pleasure", especially if you consider that these comments come from people who hammer nails into their head, walk on glass and what have you... Smile

How lucky you are thet you are not looked upon the same way as you look upon these kids... Smile - man, I just don't get this intolerance... Smile
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 22:13, rossmacrae wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 10:15, Todd Robbins wrote:
And it would be interesting to imagine how this could be presented in a way that would be profitable.


I shouldn't think it would be too hard, if you're content with a one-day attraction or if you're assured of a constant supply of fresh "exhibits".

"The aliens are here! You've heard about them, you've feared they might come, and now you can see living proof! A captured space alien, alive, alive, alive and close enough to touch!"


Except they are not from space.
Otherwise, the alien angle would work fine just as long as they are not US citizens.
Remember, you have to be prepared to square the banner.

I see it like this:

........JAPANESE MUTANTS!..........
Monsters from the Radioactive Zone!
.........[ILLUSTRATION]............
Alive!....................... Real!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2438 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Pete: MUCH better idea than mine!

Quote:
On 2011-06-24 09:20, Skeleton wrote:
...oh this is once again such a typical expression of "my pleasure is way better than your pleasure", especially if you consider that these comments come from people who hammer nails into their head, walk on glass and what have you... Smile

How lucky you are thet you are not looked upon the same way as you look upon these kids... Smile - man, I just don't get this intolerance... Smile


Good heavens, so touchy! Pal, people who pound nails into their heads are far from the oddest of us ... I'm personally unsettled by those of us who sink hooks in their flesh and hang from them, bleeding all over the place. Can't say I'd be able to stop staring at any of us who implant artificial horns or split their tongues. I say that as someone who's supposed to be used to this sort of thing.

And so, giving them the attention they have sought and earned, what else can I say except "my sweet Deity"? That ought to cover both "Wow!" and "Ewwww!" Can't let that kind of dedication go without at least some reaction ... it would disappoint them so!

But WTF, I guess even having a reaction means I'm intolerant. Might as well ban me now, seeing as I can't bring myself to give one of 'em a big ol' kiss right on the gigantic swelling pustule-like mass.

FREEEEEDOM!!!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Perfect Pete. You are a true showman. Keep it up and one day you might be as great as the Savior of Coney Island.

Quote:
On 2011-06-24 13:21, petekoloz wrote:
Except they are not from space.
Otherwise, the alien angle would work fine just as long as they are not US citizens.
Remember, you have to be prepared to square the banner.

I see it like this:

........JAPANESE MUTANTS!..........
Monsters from the Radioactive Zone!
.........[ILLUSTRATION]............
Alive!....................... Real!
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 09:20, Skeleton wrote:
...oh this is once again such a typical expression of "my pleasure is way better than your pleasure", especially if you consider that these comments come from people who hammer nails into their head, walk on glass and what have you... Smile

How lucky you are thet you are not looked upon the same way as you look upon these kids... Smile - man, I just don't get this intolerance... Smile
My comment was made as a judgement.

You cannot look at those two women and deny they have some personal baggage that is motivating their choices. The same thing can be said, as you pointed out, about most of us here; theirs just seems to be more extreme.

As for intolerance, I think that is an unfair judgement on your part. Just because we recognize that these people have some issues, that does not mean we are unwilling to tolerate them, or that we feel that cannot deal with those issues as they wish.

And, on the scale from, say, smelling a rose to buggering puppies, our pleasure is "better" than theirs, by general social standards. In other words, most people may look at me as a freak for what I do, but not as much of a freak as these people. It may not be utopian, but it's the truth.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yeah. What's a little hydrocephalus, between friends?

Sorry. That's an old joke. These days, I shunt use it.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
I believe Styx said it best: "I'm saline away. Set an open course for the virgin sea."
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
If they're too young, do they tourniquet away?
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 14:28, Todd Robbins wrote:
Perfect Pete. You are a true showman. Keep it up and one day you might be as great as the Savior of Coney Island.

Coney Island?
Did somebody finally save that place?
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink.

Water Heads and Pickled Punks great name for a band.

Saline Dion
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Athena's got the best idea on this.
Sell it at Ozzfest as a hands free alternative to $10 bottled water.

Call it:
"Head Water"
"The Brain Drain"
"Head-2-O"
"SmartWater"
"Soggy Modifications"

So there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » I believe the desired freakshow reaction is "Oh, my sweet Lord"... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL