The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tips to be a mentalist & hypnotist like Keith Barry (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
How could anybody not love looch ?
E.O.I
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I love all you guys.

Two pieces of advice:
1)Buy everything ever printed or burned to DVD on mentalism. Everything.
2)Get burnt out on mentalism after consuming all the information, take up a different hobby, then have a massive sale in the "Let's Make a Deal" section.

I've almost made it to step 2.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
Hey what can you say! Rude useless comments are how some folks justify their existence in this world.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I wish there was a LIKE button so I could LIKE looch's first post
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 13:42, kasper wrote:
Hey what can you say! Rude useless comments are how some folks justify their existence in this world.

I was half-serious.

Lots of good information out there. Many good books. The problem is you can only digest them one at a time. If you're compulsive like me, it's hard to resist the new and shiny things. The point I'm making is DON'T buy everything. The more I have, the less I tend to appreciate what I possess.

Start with any one of the good recommendations already listed by others here and ignore my 2 pieces of advice. Regarding girls: be relaxed and playful and you'll exude confidence whether performing or simply conversing.

I was actually in the middle of revising my first post when Kasper rebuked me. I meant no disrespect; that's true. At first I only half believed the original post... reminded me of an old Charles Atlas ad. But then it also resembles my own early life. Magic and mindreading did good things for my sense of confidence. But in the beginning I would go to the beach and other mentalists would kick copies of Annemann in my face. (Now I mean that playfully, not as an insult.)

This has been a good reminder for me today to be careful how I word things here and not to hit the "submit" button too early. Don't get in a fuss over me, I was being honest when I said I love all you guys. This place can be a lot of fun.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
Oh, I wasnt directing that post above to anyone in particular. I fact I'm entertained by this thread like the others.

But yeah this artform of mentalism takes a while learn. You have to take it one day at a time. I believe Penn Jillette said once that " The guys that were magicians in high school were the ones that didn't have dates." Or something of that sort. I can't speak for all.

If you want learn mentalism just learn mentalism. Don't do it to impress a girl. By the time you learn the craft the girl will be long gone.

Just about any art form or craft takes a about a decade to master. After that its only the beginning. Sure you will learn some material right away. Maybe the first couple weeks. But you will stumble through the first performances. Im sure you don't want to stumble and look like a fool in front of the nice little lady.

Maybe if you luck out she will be there for you. Also help you though to learn the craft.
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
Hahaha Ive done the same posts on here. I remember some guy was asking about how fast a particular order was to be shipped and how long it took to get to his home. I told him to call Post office ask "Who on the team has the "lead foot"?

But yeah that post wasn't directed at anyone. I live in the midwest so should be use to that sort of humor. I just was feeling crabby when I posted that.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just buy the girl a drink, tell her she has beautiful eyes and you love how she laughs and thinks...dont look at anything other than her eyes as you do so (well, a quick glance at her mouth at the end is fine)..

oh and wear a keith barry face-mask...
I've asked to be banned
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Iain-

If the guy's just in high school I don't imagine he's be able to take the girl to a bar. On the other hand, I get the impression from the OP that he's just a fun loving guy who's here to pull some chains. There are several elements to his posts that indicate he is NOT the horny high school student he pretends to be.

Personally I think he's probably just experimenting to see how many here will blurt out knowledge and mentalism sources to any anonymous poster who is clearly not really interesting in learning mentalism, just in impressing girls.

The trivialization of the art continues.

Good thoughts,

Bob
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Cassidy Bomb - BOOM !
Well then...
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Hypno_mentalist..

The girl is in love with Keith's Irish accent.
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
will4gzus
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
When Bob Cassidy talk, everyone listens.....or should
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
HP,

You are trying to do too much. Pick one thing and learn it. There is absolutely no question in my mind the skill that will reward you most is palm reading.

In your wildest dreams you won't believe how popular it is.

I think your best choice, as recommended in this thread, is Julian Moore's "Speed Learning: Palmistry in Your Own Words". It is an e-book, so wherever you are in the world you can get it fast. Print it up.

You will soon be doing palm readings and frankly women who wouldn't give you the time of day before will stand in line for you to hold their hands.

I am not exaggerating. I am handing you the keys to the kingdom of women.

Palm reading is much more than that too...I am over the half-century mark and I can say palm reading is the single best thing I ever learned.

You get it here...

http://thecoldreadingcompany.co.uk/readi......chniques

You will notice it is $45. I will also add that the technical information in it can be found in small books at supermarket stands for a couple bucks. It can be also found online for free. So why pay $45?

While you are getting technical information you are also getting instruction that is very well laid out. I bet out of a hundred supermarket books sold exactly zero people actually learn to read palms. A hundred of Bev's books probably produces close to one hundred readers.

The instructions for learning palm reading in your own words are simple and logical. You will be able to do this.

Bev has other products on his page...focus...palm reading is where you should start. Ignore everything else and put your time in to one thing.

I should also add there is another very nice option for learning palm reading. You should start with Bev's book as you will be doing readings quickly and in your own words. After that consider another option...Richard Webster's wonderful palm reading approach. All of your options are scripted.

I used these exact words for thousands of readings and people loved them. It does take a bit longer to start reading though as there are some things that need to be memorized.

While Webster's work originally came out in a book you can now get the core reading lines on flash cards for easy learning. They cost $19 and you get them from http://www.deceptionary.com/coldfront.html .

I want to also note that both of these approaches are basically psychological readings...you don't have to do any predictions. These are short readings for entertainment and people love them.

At this point I would recommend you ignore everything else...hypnotism, card mentalism, blindfold acts, other books...everything else. If you are just beginning I can give you no bigger recommendation than learn to do short, entertaining palm readings.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I guess I was right. People WILL give away anything here just for the asking - even to an anonymous new poster who's interest is hardly serious.
snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
Bob,

Yes, this young man's interest seems to be hardly serious. However, What does it hurt? Say he take's Mota's adivce and decides to buy Bev's book (excellent book), a few things can happen...

1.) He decides it is too much work and doesn't put in the effort and it is forgotten about.

2.) He puts in some work and maybe gives a few readings to some people. Even if they are crap, it doesn't really have any effect on us.

3.) It sparks his interest even more and he ends up becoming an excellent mentalist/reader and contributor to our art.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Snm-

You missed the point of my first post. I don't believe this is a young high school student at all. See the first post I made on this thread. I think he is the one who is having a good laugh right now.

Good thoughts,

Bob
snm
View Profile
Special user
552 Posts

Profile of snm
Perhaps you are right in what you stated in your first post, Bob. The question still remains though... perhaps this should be directed to our "new" friend here...

What does it really matter if we supply resources to the curious? There are only a few things that can happen which I highlighted in my earlier post.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

It matters a great deal. Magic has been thoroughly trivialized and now the same thing is starting to happen to mentalism. I will never hesitate to give advice or pointers to a beginner who has shown a sincere interest in really learning the art. I don't, however, supply resources to mere curiosity seekers, much less anonymous ones.
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
498 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Let me Describe my Journey

My Journey begins in the Shire, as I Frodo Baggins inherits the Ring from Bilbo, my cousin and guardian. we Both are unaware of its origin, but Gandalf the Grey, a wizard, learns of the Ring's history and advises me, Frodo to take it away from the Shire. I then leaves, taking my gardener and friend, Samwise ("Sam") Gamgee, and two cousins, Meriadoc ("Merry") Brandybuck and Peregrin ("Pippin") Took, as companions.

we nearly encounter the Ringwraiths while still in the Shire, but shake off pursuit by cutting through the Old Forest, where we are aided by the enigmatic and powerful Tom Bombadil, upon whom the Ring has no effect. After leaving the Forest, we stop in the town of Bree, where we meet Aragorn, Isildur's heir, who joins us as guide and protector.

we leave Bree after narrowly escaping attack, but the Ringwraiths follow us to the look-out hill of Weathertop and wound Frodo with an accursed knife. Aragorn leads the hobbits toward the refuge of Rivendell, while I gradually succumbs to the wound. At the Ford of Bruinen, the Ringwraiths attack again, but flood waters controlled by Elrond, master of Rivendell, rise up and overwhelm us, saving the company.
I recovers in Rivendell under the care of Elrond.

The Council of Elrond reveals much significant history about Sauron and the Ring, as well as the news that Sauron has corrupted the wizard Saruman. The Council decides that the threat of Sauron is too great and that the best course of action is to destroy the Ring by returning it to Mount Doom in Mordor, where it was forged.

I volunteers to take the Ring, and a "Fellowship of the Ring" is chosen to accompany and protect me: Sam, Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Gandalf, Gimli the Dwarf, Legolas the Elf, and the man Boromir, son of the Ruling Steward Denethor of the realm of Gondor.

After failing to cross the Misty Mountains via the pass below Caradhras, the company pass through the Mines of Moria, where we are attacked by Orcs. Gandalf falls while fighting the ancient and terrible Balrog, allowing the others to escape. The remaining company take refuge in the Elven forest of Lothlórien. With boats and gifts from the Lady Galadriel, the company then travel down the River Anduin to the hill of Amon Hen. There Boromir succumbs to the lure of the Ring and attempts to take it from Frodo, who breaks from the Fellowship to continue the quest to Mordor alone, though Sam insists on coming to assist and protect us.

and some years later, accompanied by Bilbo and Gandalf, sails from the Grey Havens west over the Sea to the Undying Lands to find peace. After Rosie's death, Sam gives his daughter the Red Book of Westmarch, containing the story and adventures of Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry. Sam then crosses west over the Sea, the last of the Ring-bearers.

Now I'm move to other more serious Topic in the Site of the Café....Good Luck with your Journey

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Well told Rafael!

Good thoughts,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tips to be a mentalist & hypnotist like Keith Barry (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL