The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Creative Magic Really Out of Business?!?!?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Is the going-out-of-business e-mail from Creative Magic legit?!?!?!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
Their Facebook page is talking about it quite a bit.

Doug
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Why are they making such a big deal over it? And why stop a good business? Hmmmmm...
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
They want to start a family and focus on other projects, they outlined it on a video they posted on their facebook page.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Smile
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
illusiontech
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
210 Posts

Profile of illusiontech
Congrats to Brian & Rebekah on their future and thanks for sharing some great magic and creativity with us!!

--Vinny
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Hi Brian from Creative Magic here, I promise this is the real deal.

Quote:
On 2011-06-23 08:32, WagsterMagic wrote:
Why are they making such a big deal over it? And why stop a good business? Hmmmmm...

Great questions...
Q: Why the big deal?
A: 2 years ago we did an April fools joke about going out of business and we were getting concerned emails for nearly 6 months. Our worst fear is this fall someone calling wanting to buy a shadow tent and not knowing we are long gone. We are doing everything we can to spread the word so everyone knows and has an equal chance and the "grand finally deal"

Q: Why stop a good business?
A: We are all or nothing kinda people. We were 100% committed to Creative Magic and about 2 years ago (when we launched Teach By magic) we started to feel our passion for Creative Magic slip. The last thing we wanted was to fizzle, and start to disappoint but our hearts were shifting to the new project and a desire to settle down and have kids. So it was than that decided we would follow the entertainers creed of "leave them wanting more" we doubled our efforts on the products we knew we wanted to release, we increased advertising, and we we made sure that went out with a bang (no one would expect this anouncment 1 month after launching the new Flip Switch illusion Smile

Bottom line is this has been in the works for quite some time and we have put ALOT of thought and prayer into it. And it is what is right for our family. We are sooo excited to start a new chapter, but we are the first to admit that we are also a little sad to be ending such a fun one.

Our grand kids will never believer that we traveled the world selling magic props to top name magicians. what a crazy fun thing to have done.

From the bottom of our hearts we thank you all.

and you have my hand to heaven guarantee this is not a publicity stunt - I wouldn't put it past me either.

Brian Daniel
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Brian

Are you interested in selling the rights?
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Hi Ricker, thanks for asking but we are not.

We have given this a TON of thought and we even talked to a few people who expressed interest in buying out the line. But in the end selling our "child" just didn't seem right. (I will elaborate on this in the FAQ's on our site tomorrow)

This "exit Strategy" has been in the works for nearly 2 years and a big part of it is a promise to our customers that we will not sell the rights EVER to anyone. Making the existing product more valuable in the long run.

The one exception is BRUISED because it is a consumable product and customers need to buy more to continue using it. We have three companies that have expressed interest in carrying that torch. It's exciting becasue they are all talkin about releasing a 2.0 version with new designs and new routines.

So that is exciting to see where that goes and I feel good about that because it was someone else's idea "Danial Martin" So I am happy to see it live on. The rest of our product line will hopefully be a footnote in the evolution of magic props. Smile

Feel free to ask other questions - it helps me get a head start on the FAQs

best wishes

Brian
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Brian!

It's been a great run, you've done your bit to alter the face of magic, and your ingenuity helped create some of the "wow!" moments in my act --and helped close a few corporate gigs as well.

A personal thank you to both you and Rebekah, for putting "creative" into Magic, while providing exemplary and personal customer service.

I know your next projects will be huge as you two put your hearts, souls, and considerable expertise into your endeavors.

Will miss your contributions, but huge Congrats on your move!

Magically,
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Brian:

You guys will be missed - don't go too far. You are truly one of the "movers and shakers" in this business. It's like Creative Magic single handedly revamped the world of magic props.

Jim
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Wow you guys are too kind.

Thank you soooo much and right back at you - That is the cool part about Creative Magic is we really do mean it when we say "we couldn't have done it with out you."

Thanks for being apart of our Creative journey.

Brian
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I will miss my birthday presents... Smile
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Brian!!!! Saddened but very happy for you guys!! If you put in just half the dedication you did with CM, any venture or road you take will surely be a successful one! Wishing you all the best! You are one of the most giving people in magic, I know I have seen it, plus Jason Palter tells me everyday...lol! CM will always be remembered for the innovating progress it added to out art, that filled (and much needed) void for many portable performers around the world!

P.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Thanks Peter, You are too kind.

B
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Birdsboro, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Gee Terry, that is right. No more presents......

Oh well.

Prayers and best wishes to Brian and Rebekah
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Creative Magic Really Out of Business?!?!?! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL