The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
What's your favorite trick or stunt from this book? After reading the thread about this book and how good it is, I'll have to check it out again. If memory serves me right, I was never that impressed with this book. I could be wrong since I have a terrible memory.

I'm going to dust it off and check it out again . Who knows, I might be doing something from it after all, and I just forgot where I learned it. I'll try to list the page and name of the effect, as soon as I find something worth mentioning.

This is for those who said it was a good book. What's the page number and the name of the effect that you like from this book?
I hope this post doesn't die a fast death!
Thanks
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I knew I couldn't trust my memory. I just opened my copy of this book and the page I opened up to was a very good trick, I've been doing for many years. Here the name and page. "Acrobatic Match Box" page 351 trick number 15.

I also found another I've been doing but I'll list that name and page later on.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I'm a little surprised no one replied, especially those who said how great this book is ! If it's so great, tell us what material you use from this book.
James D. Miles
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
732 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I've been meaning to get a copy of this book for years. It's out of print now isn't it?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
I think it has been published again. http://miraclefactory.net/zenstore/index......ts_id=78

In my opinion save your money! I love all of the praise this book has received in a previous thread but not one poster who raved about it, would list one effect that was worth while.
I know of a couple but I'd never spend the asking price for this new release.
P.S
THIS BOOK IS FANTASTIC! :0)
James D. Miles
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I bought the book several years ago and am not overly impressed.
It has a lot of items like puzzles, jokes, and betchas that can be entertaining but is really lacking when it comes to magic. Just my opinion.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi Jaz
Did you ever perform the trick I mentioned in my earlier post? It still gets great reactions. People seam to really like things that move or appear to be animated by the Magician. If you like this type of effect you should give it a try. This effect is GOLD !

I have another trick I'd like to mention but I think this thread is dying a slow death. I really thought it might stir up some interest!
Thanks
Ralph
James D. Miles
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6091 Posts

Profile of magicfish
One of the best magic books ever.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2011-08-04 08:00, magicfish wrote:
One of the best magic books ever.

What effect do you use from this book?
Thanks
Ralph
James D. Miles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL