The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » ORIGAMI problem SOLVED!! Thanks for all of your help. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1220 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Earlier this month I posted a problem with the Origami Legs. The bolts were popping and braking off inside the T-nuts. Well, I took a lot of the advice and came up with this solution. To reduce the torque I also had 2.5 inches taken off of the legs so it isn't as tall. The entire set up now consists of four screws and eight bolts. The table legs now just slide into the sleeves, while the holes are not yet drilled the cross bars will have a bolt that goes through the sleeve, and the leg, then out the other side and held in place with a chrome encapsulated nut. Of course they will be polished up so they are the same consistancy as the legs themselves . The sleeves are welded to the 5 inch base plate (vs the 3 inch) with eight bolts instead of four.

(DISCLAIMER......THE WORDS BELOW ARE JUST A JOKE)

Since I have made this prop much stronger, and therefore better than the original I think I will start to make them as well. I now proclaim this brand new illusion.... ORIGAMI RELOADED!!

Click here to view attached image.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1220 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Picture of the base plate

Click here to view attached image.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1220 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1406 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Amen brotha! I bet Jed will dance his butt off when he sees that!:-)
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2257 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Great Job! This is a really well thought out solution to beef up the legs. Should last for years!
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1220 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Thanks Ray, I was really trying to accomplish two things with it. One was to beef them up and the other was to minimize the time to set up and strike the prop. Not only are they much stronger, there will be reduced wear and tear on the illusion itself by not having to constantly bolt and unbolt the legs to the wood. As far as reducing the time, instead of having to ratchet 18 bolts to get the legs and cross beam on, it's only 8 bolts that you can just finger tighten.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
742 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Great idea!!! You may want to have the aluminum polished so it looks slick like the original legs...
Some people even know how to powder coat it to look like chrome...

Good luck with it..

TR
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I'll buy one of YOURS! I always wait for the reload. Will it cost a lot less too????

Walt

(also disclaimed)
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » ORIGAMI problem SOLVED!! Thanks for all of your help. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL