The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Who is A Proud Owner of Creative Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Thanks for the update, PCoreyB!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 00:45, Bob1Dog wrote:
Folks, at the risk of being flamed for not knowing much about Creative Magic, I must ask this question as someone who only does parlour type work, has no sound systems, does kids stuff and seniors, much of it for free because I'm not a pro, per se. But please permit me this question, keeping in mind the Café is a place for magicians to help magicians: Most of these effects seem geared to large audience and stage work, and not for crowds I usually entertain, though I'm working on my schtick and hoping to get to perform for real money one day (remember, I don't buy green bananas)......And frankly, I don't have a clue as to how any of them work....(ouch) Please, someone give me a reason to get interested in this deal for my level of work, collectibility, and pride of ownership.


I really wouldn't worry about it. I do lots of shows and I don't own a single Creative Magic item. Nothing they make suits my style or fits into the themes of my programs. So Don't get caught up in the hype. If there is a item you might have a use for you shouldn't have too much difficulty in obtaining it from the glut of product that will soon start appearing on the market as people sell off the stuff they don't want to recoup the investment they made for the stuff they did.

I also predict that there will be knock offs appearing soon. Surely someone will start making their versions of Change Caps and Bigger Wands. I'm kind of surprised there haven't been unauthorized copies of these for sale already.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Thanks folks for your input, and especially to Payne; it's easy to get caught up in hype.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
[/quote]

I also predict that there will be knock offs appearing soon. Surely someone will start making their versions of Change Caps and Bigger Wands. I'm kind of surprised there haven't been unauthorized copies of these for sale already.
[/quote]

Hey man, the Chinese and Indians aren't miracle workers- it'll take a few weeks to get the machinery tooled up... Smile
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
BTW- I got a portion too... hope ya'll are spread out all over the place, so we don't suddenly have 5 guys doing the same effects in the same area... :o
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1581 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 14:50, yosef_dov wrote:
BTW- I got a portion too... hope ya'll are spread out all over the place, so we don't suddenly have 5 guys doing the same effects in the same area... :o


LOL! I know. That would appear to cookie cutterish.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 14:59, Magic Patrick wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 14:50, yosef_dov wrote:
BTW- I got a portion too... hope ya'll are spread out all over the place, so we don't suddenly have 5 guys doing the same effects in the same area... :o


LOL! I know. That would appear to cookie cutterish.


Yet another reason not to get swept up in the hoopla. If I ever had need to use a Bryce's Screen or any of the old Victory Carton Illusions I'd most likely just build my own instead of buying something "off the rack" that everyone else was using.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
It seems to me that I saw a change cap knock-off months ago...but didn't take note of who was making it...I KNOW it wasn't Creative, though.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
cameroncando
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of cameroncando
I for one LOVE the hype. Sure Harry Potter is the same movie/book whether you wait in the midnight line or not but one is an experience you will remember forever i.e. you where apart of something special. The other is just a good movie/book.

I am soo excited to be getting my portion and I have no doubt that 10/15 years from now I will still remember waiting for that countdown to hit zero, being super shocked and then dialing in like the local radio station was giving away a car.

The whole portion thing has been fun and we are just getting started.

As for Paynes remarks it sounds a bit like sour grapes to me. I for one don’t get the Iphone hype but I also don’t feel the need to go talk to the people standing in the line and say – "don't you know that in just a few months they will release a new one and it will be better, faster, lighter and NEWER. I just want to point out that this is hype and when the new one comes out the market will be flooded with this version and you will be able to get this same one for much less. Plus I would just like to point out that I have Android..." They are having an experience and I am going to let them have fun.

This is a string started for people that ARE buying portions to connect and celebrate together.

I think it is interesting that you point out that the market will be saturated and there will be knock offs in the same post.

I have been thinking a lot about this whole promotion and t he more I analyze it the more I realize how incredibly clever it is. It is clear a lot of thought went into every aspect of this exit strategy. And my prediction is that because the market will be saturated no one in their right mind would invest the money in knocking anything off.

But even if they do knock them off I for one want the originals and I will always look back at this with fond memories.

I think we are taking part in something really special that is drastically changing the future of our industry.

But that is just my 2 cents


Cam
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7404 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 12:35, Payne wrote:
I also predict that there will be knock offs appearing soon. Surely someone will start making their versions of Change Caps and Bigger Wands. I'm kind of surprised there haven't been unauthorized copies of these for sale already.


Brian (from Creative Magic) talked about unauthorized copies, and how he dealt with them in the past, in his MagicNewsWire interview last week.

http://www.linkingpage.com/magicnewsfeed......gic.html

As for me, I'm glad to be getting the original.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1581 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 18:09, cameroncando wrote:
I for one LOVE the hype. Sure Harry Potter is the same movie/book whether you wait in the midnight line or not but one is an experience you will remember forever i.e. you where apart of something special. The other is just a good movie/book.

I am soo excited to be getting my portion and I have no doubt that 10/15 years from now I will still remember waiting for that countdown to hit zero, being super shocked and then dialing in like the local radio station was giving away a car.

The whole portion thing has been fun and we are just getting started.

As for Paynes remarks it sounds a bit like sour grapes to me. I for one don’t get the Iphone hype but I also don’t feel the need to go talk to the people standing in the line and say – "don't you know that in just a few months they will release a new one and it will be better, faster, lighter and NEWER. I just want to point out that this is hype and when the new one comes out the market will be flooded with this version and you will be able to get this same one for much less. Plus I would just like to point out that I have Android..." They are having an experience and I am going to let them have fun.

This is a string started for people that ARE buying portions to connect and celebrate together.

I think it is interesting that you point out that the market will be saturated and there will be knock offs in the same post.

I have been thinking a lot about this whole promotion and t he more I analyze it the more I realize how incredibly clever it is. It is clear a lot of thought went into every aspect of this exit strategy. And my prediction is that because the market will be saturated no one in their right mind would invest the money in knocking anything off.

But even if they do knock them off I for one want the originals and I will always look back at this with fond memories.

I think we are taking part in something really special that is drastically changing the future of our industry.

But that is just my 2 cents


Cam


Well Said. Let's celebrate for tomorrow. . .
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I just plunked down $3600 into my Roth IRA. I think it's a better bet. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
For the one or two things I would like...it's a better bet for me to wait for the fire sales on the Café.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 18:09, cameroncando wrote:

As for Paynes remarks it sounds a bit like sour grapes to me.



No sour grapes here. Just trying to assure Mr. Bob1dog that he's not missing out on anything special here. There's no reason to feel compelled to buy a "portion" just because everybody else is. I doubt that at the level he's cirrently at right now that he could even use most of the stuff being offered. Much better to pick up what you want or need from those who bought into the portions than to be stuck trying to unload the duplicates or stuff you have no need for.

He asked a serious question and I was giving him my opinion on the subject.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1581 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 21:51, Bob1Dog wrote:
I just plunked down $3600 into my Roth IRA. I think it's a better bet. Smile


You bet. That is why I contribute to mine every month. Wise advice.

Patrick
Mattillusion
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of Mattillusion
A major part of being in show business full-time is recognizing the opportunities that are right for you when they come along. Each person will have to decide for themselves if this investment is a fit for them. Anyone who does opt-in is in good hands with Brian and Rebekah who always over-deliver and run their business with integrity.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2011-06-29 01:17, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-28 18:09, cameroncando wrote:

As for Paynes remarks it sounds a bit like sour grapes to me.



No sour grapes here. Just trying to assure Mr. Bob1dog that he's not missing out on anything special here. There's no reason to feel compelled to buy a "portion" just because everybody else is. I doubt that at the level he's cirrently at right now that he could even use most of the stuff being offered. Much better to pick up what you want or need from those who bought into the portions than to be stuck trying to unload the duplicates or stuff you have no need for.

He asked a serious question and I was giving him my opinion on the subject.


Thank you Payne!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
And… “no room at the inn now.”
They’ve sold out their initial quota.
The pie has been cut and sold.

There will be a waiting list for cancelations
or if they can make more full sets.

It was a fantastic deal for the right people,
and not so fantastic for other styles of magic.

Congrats to those who’ve made the sale a success!
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Quote:
On 2011-06-29 09:00, Mattillusion wrote:
A major part of being in show business full-time is recognizing the opportunities that are right for you when they come along. Each person will have to decide for themselves if this investment is a fit for them. Anyone who does opt-in is in good hands with Brian and Rebekah who always over-deliver and run their business with integrity.


:applause:
jcmazzolado
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of jcmazzolado
Thanks Walt ! could not have said it better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Who is A Proud Owner of Creative Magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL