The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Who is A Proud Owner of Creative Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Thanks Jason, I'm not "in on it" so I have not been following the "clues".

B
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
Yep... I got my portion and can't wait!
Nope... I don't care how many of my friends here also buy a portion. I will try to sell what I don't want / need, of course, but even if I sell nothing, my audience and I are gonna have a hoot!

Maybe... If there are about 100 portions, and about 340,000,000 people in the good ol' USA, that's about 3,400,000 audience members to divide among us! I don't think we will really be stepping on one another's toes. I would be thrilled to sell a 1 dollar ticket to each one!

I hope this thread or one like is will open up for new and creative uses for each of the props! I'm already losing sleep thinking up fun!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Can I make a request?

If you get your parcel, don't try selling your extra items yet on the Magic Surplus Exchange (Facebook group) or on The Magic Café. You are spoiling the contents for those of us who didn't get our parcels yet. At least wait a week or two before exposing the contents via your ads. Smile

Your ad could be worded, "I have some new Creative Magic items for sale (just received in my portion). Not allowed to mention them out in the open. Please PM for list and prices."

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Donald,

I don't really think that it spoils it for me or others. I think it is exciting either way.

I wanna know!
Patrick
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Just a reminder that Brian didn't want people to post publicly, what was in the first box, until October. He said we can talk about it privately, but not to post publicly, during September, so it doesn't spoil the surprise for some portion-holders out of country getting their shipments a week or more later. This was in a Facebook wall post on August 31st (and in an email on August 30th).

People can share by PM, but I am not impressed that I found out some of the contents by reading ads that are out in the open for all to see.

Why can't magicians keep a secret?

- Donald
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I haven't listed/sold anything or told anyone anything about what's in the shipment, but people who bought a portion have the absolute right to sell anything they want. I suggest if people don't want to know about the current portion, then they shouldn't read every post on FB and TMC, especially if it's obviously about said topic.

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I hope that anyone takes my jabs about "spoiling the contents of the package" by selling them, with a grain of salt. I was part serious, but not too serious.

Remember, I'm one of the people who made posts on the Creative Magic FB Wall guessing as to the contents, when Brian shared clues. If I really didn't want to know, I wouldn't have been guessing or even reading the clues.

Also, one of the guys I was teasing about advertising is a good friend of mine.

I wasn't really saying that people didn't have a right to sell.

In a way, I was hoping for a little more tact, when people try to sell some tricks from their portions initially.

But then again, I have learned that the world doesn't really run the way I want it to. Smile

- Donald
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I hear you Donald. Some people could be a little more careful with their wording, including myself. I hope you didn't take this as a stab at you, I was expressing my opinion. I think were on the same page.

Enjoy your portion when you get it.

Joey D
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
Thanks to the kindness of Rebekah, my shipment didn't leave until today because I was away for a while and didn't want the package to arrive when I wasn't home. I STILL haven't a clue what it's going to be, so if you really must spoil the surprise, I hope you will feel enough guilt to send me an extra piece from your shipment! Smile
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
Got my shipment Monday of this week. Would I like to sell it for what it's worth to have the extra cash? Absolutely! but sadly, (or happily I suppose) I can't part with ANYTHING I got in this box... Better luck in December Smile
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Smile
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
Well, the last shipment has arrived, and the last item, the TABLE, is very much up to par for all things "Creative Magic". I, for one, am very sad that this program is over and regret that I was not able to buy more than I did.

I have sold what I didn't want, kept what I did, and now I have one of everything I wanted from them at essentially not cost to me. What great fun and what great learning these two years have been. This was really an exciting event and I am glad to have had the opportunity to be a part of it.

If anyone needs a handy shadow tent, give me a call! Smile
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 12:26, mrpiper wrote:
Well, the last shipment has arrived, and the last item, the TABLE, is very much up to par for all things "Creative Magic". I, for one, am very sad that this program is over and regret that I was not able to buy more than I did.

I have sold what I didn't want, kept what I did, and now I have one of everything I wanted from them at essentially not cost to me. What great fun and what great learning these two years have been. This was really an exciting event and I am glad to have had the opportunity to be a part of it.

If anyone needs a handy shadow tent, give me a call! Smile

Totally agree - BEST deal in magic bar none. SUPER fun ride for the past two years and am EXTREMELY sad I won't be seeing more CM boxes coming my way. Smile

But that said, if any portion holders want to sell off their unused items, I'm always down for buying up stuff! Smile

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
What is the "table" effect?
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
It is fold flat, roll out, pop up table with a ton of pockets and a servante that you can set up however you want, using as many or as few pockets as needed, the table folds up to the size of a laptop bag, but opens up to have a decent amount of space inside for your props, so it is not an effect/trick, it is an accessory
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Yup. Love it! I wasn't sure at first what I thought, but now that I have it loaded with stuff to use, I'll likely use it at all my shows because it's so quick to setup. Very easy to have on stage and doesn't take up much space either. I want to think about customizing the cloth cover too...that'd be cool.

Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Is it fairly rigid, or is it "pop up hamper" based like the cubes, etc?
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
It is rigid, they say it can hold heavy props like their invisible paint/squared circle effect...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Yup. Rigid. It definitely can hold some weight. It's not going to hold a bowling ball very well...haha, but normal props, yes.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Who is A Proud Owner of Creative Magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL