We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What's the name of that trick with the lit cigarette that doesn't burn your hand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1922 Posts

Profile of Platt
Ever since I've been old enough to go to bars I've done this one. I have no idea where I learned it or who invented it.

You simply hold a lit cigarette between your thumb and index finger and it doesn't burn or hurt your finger in any way. Totally impromptu.

I've routined it with Harlan's fake burn from an unlit cigarette. Darn am I creative.

Any help on where this trick came from would be appreciated.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
ecno
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ecno
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
What's its name? Phil. Oh wait...that's the name of your card! Smile
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4484 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On 2002-04-27 06:17, ecno wrote:
The Leidenfrost Effect

Which is not to be confused with the magical ability of a pair of leather shorts that are able to keep you warm in the middle of the coldest German winter night.

Which is properly known as "The Lederhosen Effect."

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
davisjr
View Profile
New user
Colorado
64 Posts

Profile of davisjr
It's no wonder they get confused. The Leidenfrost Effect is what happens when you accidentally wet the magic leather shorts...

Smile
Marien Hopman
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Marien Hopman
Regarding the "Leidenfrost" no-burn cigarette stunt. I also have done this for years but prefer holding the index or middle
finer on an ice cube. Usually I remove an ice cube from my drink or ice bucket and then place in a sandwich bag which I have in my jacket pocket. Remove you hand unnoticed from pocket and dry finer on pant leg and then proceed. I have found out that with holding the cigarette lightly I can get about 6 to 10 seconds out of it. Also..do not use a cigarette with a heater on it. Let a bit of ash build up on it. I finish with putting the cigarette out on the tongue.
Good Geek Stuff..not magic..but amazing..
Marien Hopman
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Marien Hopman
Regarding the "Leidenfrost" no-burn cigarette stunt. I also have done this for years but prefer holding the index or middle
finer on an ice cube. Usually I remove an ice cube from my drink or ice bucket and then place in a sandwich bag which I have in my jacket pocket. Remove you hand unnoticed from pocket and dry finer on pant leg and then proceed. I have found out that with holding the cigarette lightly I can get about 6 to 10 seconds out of it. Also..do not use a cigarette with a heater on it. Let a bit of ash build up on it. I finish with putting the cigarette out on the tongue.
Good Geek Stuff..not magic..but amazing..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What's the name of that trick with the lit cigarette that doesn't burn your hand? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL